Not a single outfit that really "stands out" on Cobalt

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Kociboss, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Artanaz

Back when I started playing people was intrigued of the ops idea. I could start a squad and make a platoon within 30mins. Asked everyone to get to warp gate, jump in tanks and roll out. Not the most organised thing ever, but I worked and the sense of teamwork was there.

Has this stopped happening? Is everyone just going for the instant action zergfest now? My fond memories, being able to login create a squad and just enjoy the sense of teamwork.

I logged in yesterday and almost every squad was entitled German, and some bunny squad. Where is the Tank Platoons and Galatic squads?

Just me rambling: /

And i didnt see any outfit besides the german on.
    • Up x 1
  2. RIctavius

The Republican Shock Guard~! *bows* At your service~
  3. SoliderRusH

RiMG is 95% of the time running full Squads so we are rarely seen on the Squadlist..and I often need to kick people to creat a slot for an outfitmember.

And we try to do as much different stuff an keep out of zerging as possible ofc there are here and there some breaks on a 3-4 hours daily Ops that we just move to next base as long as there is no need to do a special or full organized attack/defense move.

But I think it works quite well together with the other Outfits we manged to push the the territory controll up to 56% while having a 33%33%33% Indar pop. but yeah the zerg are big on Cobalt which makes it often hard for outfits going to attack or do a late defense on big bases in the biggest fights of the continent because random players often jump frontlinies when they don't enough certs in these hard fights. Quarz Ridge/Indar ex is the perfect example pretty much every outfit won and lost alot of battles there because they randoms werent a good support while the defender could keep them because these are both very defendable base.

but RiMG,CHI,DGMA,RSG,WRG,SFRA are runnign regualr OPs as far as I know and GETF (german zergfit) and HS1 often has open Squads but yeah arent very effectiv beside ghostcapping Amerish or joining the fights of other outfits.
  4. PastalavistaBB

Yesterday I logged out after less than half an hour of gameplay on Cobalt because of the Massive VS Zerg on Esamir, primarily Trident. Playing on prime time on Indar is never a good idea because it's a huge clusterfuk. Amerish is Ghost Town as always, so that left me with the only option which is changing servers. Really frustrating.
    • Up x 1
  5. S0LAR15

I don't know WASP. Ok, you can be the exception to the general statement I made. God damn you "general statements" always getting in trouble...

Just from looking at stats, I'd say you look like a decent combined arms outfit.
  6. Bvenged

No worries, thanks.
  7. Mystogan

Hello. I am new to PS2. I started to play on Cobalt server since yesterday, I am in no outfit. I play on VS. I just made 100 certs and bought 1000 SC and after reading this thread I have no idea if I should stay on Cobalt or (while I still have SC to spend) move to some better EU server.

So can you reccomend me better EU server then Cobalt? But like really better when there are players on all continents (Amarish is usually empty on Cobalt, I always run Indar :( ).

Or is it not so much diffrence? I am not interesed for now in joining outfir, I enjoy just playing this awesome game and I want to have best experience. I will probably try to join outfit when I will get about 25-30 rank.

So what o you reccomend? Change server as a new EU player?I will be really greatfull since from tomorrow I will start some serious playing ;).
  8. PastalavistaBB

Well, you just started so you don't have anything to lose. You can chose any Faction on any Server. Cobalt isn't the best PS2 server on EU, nor the worst. VS is generally dominating while TR sometimes does good pushes. NC comes in last but after PU02 they seem to do a bit better. Still, if you want to play on a more competitive server Miller is definitely the way to go. Woodman is quite boring because it's been completely dominated by the VS for the last 6+ months. Lately TR and NC got better and the server is a bit more "fun" or less boring. I don't know anything about Ceres though.
  9. Shamrock

My personal thoughts on the EU servers (Disclaimer:this is just my opinion).

Miller is the most competitive, 90% of the PS1 outfits went there, these guys have been playing fps together now for 10 years, you will feel the difference, i.e as a new player you will die more and have to fight for every kill.
    Cobalt despite any negativity in this thread, it is a decent server and id rank it second, there are some first rate outfits on all 3 factions, the only thing they have to fear is keeping their activity levels up. As you have created a VS character here check out 1TNC and PTMC.
    Ceres was a decent server until the population was allowed to become imbalanced (NC dominance) means id rate it 3rd until this is sorted out. However if you like a challenge and lots of NC targets to shoot at consider BAWC / HKON on TR and DORA / VESP on VS, you will be up against MACS on the NC and a million NC zerglings.
    Woodman is last placed and is just terribad on all 3 factions ( NC is particularly bad), want to rank up a character fast? create one on Woodman and farm like crazy and wait for SoE to implement server transfers once you've capped it out at BR100. On a more positive note one of the best NC infantry players in PS2 Moukass plays on Woodman and is recruiting for his outfit, so if your planning on Woodman check him out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-SqzlJh3Bllv9kR4V2Kw8A
  10. Kociboss

Do you play on all of the above?
  11. S0LAR15

re Miller:
    Idk, PS1 had a higher ttk in its infantry play. This does not make for better infantry players at all, in fact many of them rage quit because "CoD kids" with better reflexes, positioning, risk-taking and solo-tactics were pasting them. the forum was full of these threads in beta and release. However,you could say these guys may had some strategical/tactical experience at launch, and familiarity with each other in given outfits, but I certainly don't think this edge exists anymore.

In the coming comm clashes, I think we (1TNC) are going to enter in season 2, and we'll show where Cobalt's at. We (cobalt VS) have a team in the PAL reserve list, which if we get in, I think will have the same chance of winning as any other I've seen, including DA and AC. Having played on waterson, to see what the MLG-fits there are like first hand, I can say we are far more aggressive, and easily as good. As suspected, stat padding simply makes you look better than you actually are. All of the players I encountered with huge infantry KDs were borderline "uselessly passive", and many camped the spawn, those that didn't, camped corners between the spawn and the objective, whilst I ran past to get **** done. If they were in 1TNC, even our noobier players would be laughing at them. I regularly had more kills than anyone else in the hex, even people using MAXs and MBTs/lightnings (have some SSs on steam) with my LMG, and had the highest scores too. I also was the furthest forward 99% of the time, battering my way to any given objective, or flanking round behind a huge camp. I was alone, and had no coordinated support, and I was low BR. My experience on my waterson alt showed me that we on Cobalt can easily match some of the "top infantry players", and we can do it without adopting a false, statistically-inflating playstyle.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/S0LAR15

For anyone who's interested.

In the future, we'll certainly be looking to take on EU outfits. Though competing vs the US brings latency issues for one side by default. However, since I have moved to the US, I may compete vs the US outfits in some form.
  12. EvilJollyT

OK. After such big talk it would only be right for someone to call you out.

MCY are game for a match anytime :)

www.mcys.eu if you weren't kidding.
  13. Ribero

Twitch or YouTube links for the match when they're up/out pl0x.
  14. S0LAR15

We are looking to do comm clash season two if the first proves to be decent. Until then you'll just have to wait.
  15. EvilJollyT

Sweet. I'll be holding my breath "hotshot"
  16. Aldaz108

17. thekiller2002us

LAWL, this is hilarious-

Generally it requires 2 full platoons of Trident to have any impact on one organised platoon of Jesters. You must have seen us on our off days. TRID have never beaten us in an equal fight. Dont get me wrong, I have respect for TRID- they have some of the most skilled, competent and organised platoon leaders in the Vanu- but most of the time they struggle against a platoon of jesters- and often call for help from other outfits to assist them.
  18. Ribero

Wouldn't pay him much heed, guy seems to have an infatuation with [TRID] and judging by how he singled out [JEST], he probably has a gripe with you guys. That or he's intentionally trying to stir the pot.

-

With all that's been said, Outfits being highlighted and such, I'd be interested to hear if Kociamafia has seen anything that has changed his opinion somewhat, or whether it's still the same.
    • Up x 2
  19. Kociboss

Hm...I would have to log in more often to actually "re-research" this topic.

Unfortunately I've recently discovered Rust...And it sucked me in like a hoover.

Many valid points were given in this thread though!
  20. TekFan

I've got a NC-char and a VS-char on cobalt.
    I'll speak with experiences from both factions, respectively talking about both internal and external outifits.
    First of all: As much as I dislike TR(which is mostly due to personal experiences when I tried all factions at the start of the game), Chi really know what they are doing. Though they are most likely surrounded by a TR-zerg, they are a mostly very skilled bunch.

Well, on VS-side I can't really say TRID is the most skilled bunch, neither can I say they aren't. I can say though: If you shoot at a VS-soldier, you have a high chance it is a TRID.
    The TRID are solid players, but I would put most of them behind the Chi-guys. If I see TRID as a NC I don't think: "I've got to be careful around them." but more something like "Here comes the VS-zerg.". Actually, I've got to say their airforce is to be reckoned with.
    There is one thing though that TRID excels at: Organizing zergs. Moving them quickly, getting them into MAX, Medics and Engineers. A 1v1 against a TRID-infantry is mostly not that hard of a task though there are some skilled players there. But as I have run with my VS-char with one of their zergs, I've got to say that I rarely get that structured commands and tactical manuvers on bases as a foot-soldier. Also the response with air-strikes is quite fast.
    In short: Most dangerous about the TRID are their numbers and the skill of their leaders to effectively command those numbers. Those numbers actually listen to the commands, though they may be less dangerous as a single soldier.

Well, in NC there is a huge problem that the faction has to deal with: A large number of outfit-less players is either too dumb or too ignorant to listen to commands. Seriously: When I'm on my NC and I join a random squad or platoon, it's most likely that they are evenly spread over the landscape of all three continents, barely even having more than three members in one outpost and doing whatever they want.
    There are outfits who form platoons and they are mostly quite effective, but that's only if they don't accept randoms.
    The overpopulation of the NC is just cosmetic, log in and aside from outfits like Jesters, Reapers or some smaller outfits there is barely anything than lonewolfs who join platoons only to ignore their commands.
    Problem atm is: VS-lonewolfs listen to their squads, NC-lonewolfs mostly don't.