New weapons??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Apr 10, 2015.

1. AgentRed

• Up x 7
  2. Rhumald

MMmmmmmmm agreed.
    • Up x 2
  3. breeje

don't know but i think near the end off the year
    would it not be great if we have every month an new weapon
  4. Demigan

Great, more NS weapons...

Don't get me wrong, more weapons is great and all, but some diversity would have been helpful...
    • Up x 8
  5. ComradeHavoc

[IMG]
    Looks like an AT weapon that could be used against Maxes and infantry with greater success then RLs.

[IMG]
    NS sniper rifle nothing much can be said here.

[IMG]
    INCOMING MAX NS WEAPON. NC STAPLE, TR AND VS TEARS INCOMING.

SIDE NOTE:
    WHAT HAPPENED TO THE
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    TR Artillery Cannon

[IMG]
    NC Artillery Cannon

[IMG]
    VS Turret

[IMG]
    VS PPA2

[IMG]
    TR Quad Cannon

[IMG]
    ESF Flak Cannon

[IMG]
    ESF Gatling Cannon

[IMG]
    Reaver Nose Rail Cannon

[IMG]

Liberator Millenium Falcon gun turret

[IMG]
    NS Grenade Launcher

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1ac90s/game_update_4_content_analysis_80_images_of/

http://imgur.com/a/6vgK5
    http://imgur.com/a/tiQnI
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2v01wn/planetside_2_encyclopedia_of_broken_dreams/
    • Up x 18
  6. ComradeHavoc

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  7. _itg

As much as I agree with the general principle of preferring ES weaponry, how would you suggest ES anti-materiel and rocklet rifles be differentiated with each other? ES MAX HMGs, yeah, they could make those work with the standard bullet damage/RoF variations.
  8. Demigan

I would just slap some diversity on there:
    TR Rocket Rifle: High Mag size (6+?)+high ROF, lower damage per rocket, smaller rockets, either a COF or missile drop for balance at range. Maybe an unload option to fire your entire magazine in a split second, but at a cost of much longer reload and a large COF
    NC Rocket Rifle: low Mag size (3 to 4?), medium ROF, missile drop at range, perhaps the ability to detonate the rockets in-flight for a shotgun-pattern of pellets to hit infantry with.
    VS Rocket Rifle: More a Comet Style weapon without drop and low COF, medium Mag size (4-6) and medium damage. Perhaps the ability for these to bounce around, dealing less damage after each bounce.

Average DPS across all 3 weapons can be evened out through reload speed.

TR Anti-Material Rifle: More per magazine, somewhat lower damage per shot, long reload, possibly Burst Fire mode where you can fire 2 at a time but with a big COF?
    NC Anti-Material Rifle: very few bullets per magazine (2 to 3), high damage per shot, long reload, possibility for making it act as the RailJack increasing it's velocity
    VS Anti-Material Rifle: no bullet drop (at these speeds it barely matters anyway), medium magazine size, fast bolt-action or something, capability of charging up when the magazine is empty. This allows you to keep shooting without reloading or when you are out of ammo, but severely reduces your ROF.
    • Up x 2
  9. Turekson

I think I saw the turret of this thing as a prop inside a base in Hossin.. might have been NS labs but not sure. Also, wasn't the MAX flamethrower part of the game at some point? I remember seeing a video in youtube with a NC MAX a flamethrower.

Probably they are just saving all the material already done for the future. I guess we might be seeing some new stuff coming out after the PS4 release.
  10. Rhumald

I hear what you're saying, but why spend $60 on weapons just so I can have each faction's version, when I can just spend $20 for the NS ones?

We're going to need them anyways, when/if they implement Black Ops.
  11. Ballto21

If im correct the flamethrower was in either alpha or beta and it was nicknamed the FrameThrower, its animation/fire usage screwed with FPS on a massive scale at any setting.
    • Up x 5
  12. MikeyGeeMan

I say release em all.

Play test in production.

I'll eat that dog food.
    • Up x 3
  13. StellarHAZE

"focusing more on optimization" time period first must come to an end so they can "focus" on something new and interesting, more tnen pistols and scopes.And things that need to be optimized in this game never seems to end...
  14. Turekson

Hehe. Thanks for the quick answer.
  15. eldarfalcongravtank

another thread full of stuff the game will unfortunately never get...
    • Up x 7
  16. ComradeHavoc

They actually had a very stable version during the ZOE tweaks and it was even on PTS for a while.
  17. ComradeHavoc

• Up x 2
  18. Fry_Poncho

2sed4me. I would DEVOUR all of that cancelled stuff.:(
    • Up x 1
  19. ComradeHavoc

20. Pikachu

Vanguard secondary railgun
    [IMG]

VS flash rocket launcher
    [IMG]

TR flash rocket launcher