New weapons??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Morti

I like things like the ES Heavy weapons. I wish they would make more of them. There's plenty of other games they can rip weapon ideas from (I honestly don't care where they take ideas from as long as it's not a blatant copy paste and conforms to faction traits).

How about some ES Engineer weps?
    • Up x 3
  2. sustainedfire

Repair grenades?

Cannot think of anything else to add as an engineer exclusive weapon.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lucidius134

Could make the Glue Gun from PS1 an engineer only rifle.
  4. CursoryRaptor

"Glue Gun"? o_0

[IMG]
  5. Lucidius134

[IMG]

The nano dispenser was nicknamed glue gun by players because of its look.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pikachu

Browsing the PTS files today. An unheard of NS rocket launcher, the AM rifle (no scope attached) and an NC pistol with folded stock called NC_PistolAuto001. Also the PTS files still has Searhus props while the live files does not anymore.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. Scr1nRusher

Awesome!!!!!!
  8. Scr1nRusher

They should bring back coaxial MG's so MBT's feel like MBT's.
    • Up x 3
  9. Pikachu

At page 2 you can see the kobalt and basilisk that is in the files. It looks like they were meant to be placed above the vanguard cannon.
  10. Scr1nRusher

DBG should make the Coaxial MG's a passive cert line.
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

damn nice find, especially that rocketlauncher! i kinda hope it brings some new functionality and role to the battlefield. like a recoilless rifle with extremely high projectile velocity, hardly any drop and no splash. it could be regarded as a poor man's Lancer but i dont care i just want some new toy to play with
    • Up x 2
  12. Shadowomega

Got a feeling that the Rocket Launcher might be the return of the Scorpion, which was fired a Rocket that was loaded with 5 Sub Munitions use for indirect fire against infantry. Enemy Behind a hill, on a roof or behind a Barricade Fire one one of those above the target and with a little bit of Trigonometry (and a lot of luck to have the projectiles actually spread properly) you might end up with a kill. (The weapon was poorly coded in PS1, bad sub munition spread, and had to have the perfect height above the target to deal damage, aim to high you didn't splash the target, aim to low the sub munitions would either hit him and deal 0 damage or hit the ground and not detonate at all.)

As for the Max Flame thrower that was pulled due to it just being a low damage high rof gun instead of a true flame thrower. The target had to be dead center in the cross hair, much like lasher version 1. Last I heard it would return after they code in cone spread type and code in damage over time so it would even have a stacking burn effect.

The buggies were rumored to being worked on this year, as all we saw so far was Concept art that looks like a 3d model. The Colossus was also concept art again looking like it was 3d model. The flash weapon models after looking closely they look more like concept art and made to look like a 3d model.

As for the battle islands last I heard they were aiming to make 2 to 3 more and put them all out at the same time with Nexus, but they likely pulled them away to do the newbie island as well as getting sacked while they transition over to Day Break. Searhus would likely be next as the assets are still around and a rumor of some work was already put into getting the basic terrain design of Searhus was done.
  13. sL360

One side of me hopes for DBG to pick all this **** up and start jamming it back in here. The realist me is expecting some sort of nothing for the remainder of PS2's life time.

Okay, okay. I'm being too dramatic. There'll be a few new NS guns, a whole lotta helmets and MAYBE a new set of ES weapons. Only if we're lucky.
  14. Pikachu

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. SwornJupiter

ES is good, but not for weapons which could potentially be used as staples by a faction. Always ends up with one faction getting the short end of the stick... i.e. fractures/strikers vs. ravens/phoenixes vs. vortexes/lancers
    Then it's a vicious cycle of buffs and nerfs until nobody wants to use them anymore.
    NS is boring, yes, but neither should the game be completely restricted to the faction's traits.
    • Up x 2
  16. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I'd rather get the short end of the stick occasionally than there to be no stick at all.
    And damn, there's nice things.
    NS Max Weapon.
    ES MAX Anti-Air (Some models could be used for that).
    ES Flash Weapons.
    I get a lot of stuff was just concepts, and didn't work out in the end, and the Flamethrowers just were horrible.
    But there's so many things in here, that, assuming we guess correctly how they would have worked, would really bring something new and interesting to the table.
  17. Scr1nRusher

18. Jbn0s0rus

I would agree to kill my fps for that...
    • Up x 1
  19. Pikachu

Shotguns
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Btw I just found the MAX NS HMGs in the PTS files. :)
    • Up x 1
  20. Gemenai

Does that mean we can expect them to be useable, in the near future? That they are available on PTS?
    • Up x 1