[Suggestion] New SMG - need rebalance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OtoriAssahara, Dec 7, 2017.

1. OtoriAssahara

[IMG]

In short, what is badly done:
    NC: Unfair statistics for them.
    VS & TR: Swapped statistics. According to the original gameplay assumptions - TR is to have a high rate of fire and large capacity of magazine, VS accuracy and speed of bullets.

At this moment NC are oridnary, TR are weak, VS as always win.
    • Up x 2
  2. Campagne

Weird that the VS SMG is the only one to get a maximum damage range of 10 meters and not the NC's.

Anyway though, NC's 28 round magazine is already small compared to the other two "OP generation" SMGs, and drops down to 24 with that one ammo type. I'm actually kinda OK with NC's SMG, even though it is very boring and uninspired.
  3. OtoriAssahara

PS2 reminds me more and more VS Site 2. Gem DEV favors VS at every step :'(. You can see it after these statistics...
    • Up x 3
  4. Kristan

Oh please, VS have cried about their identity crisis of not being cool and not to be able to attract more players. So devs gave them a bit of an OP toy with further range, higher rate of fire + spinup, more ammo and attachment that turns it into a mini Lasher.
  5. Blam320

As if TR and NC haven't done their fair share of crying. The BoomBox got a buff on the PTR.
  6. Kristan

Also Jackal is bugged as heck. If you install suppressor and switch to alternative fire mode, it just ignores it and fires as if there is no suppressor. Also a funny bug that if you fire it next to a flying Liberator it will mute its engines sound.
  7. SpeedFreakPS0NE

First off let me say I won't be getting this SMG for quite sometime, if at all given DBG's tactic of bait and switch, meaning they will deliver something OP so have everyone be drooling for it only to nerf it later into oblivion leaving everyone with buyer's remorse.

Secondly, the VS need something to differentiate them now. With the years of getting the nerf stick crammed up their rear much harder than the TR or NC their trait now is blandness. They are mediocre in almost all cases, heck even the Aphelion got an uneeded random nerf to its bloom by Wrel when absolutely nobody thought it was needed. The one good thing the VS had going for them for a long time, the Betelgeuse, lost its .75 ADS and dmg model with the LMG nerfs making it also somewhat mediocre.

The VS pop is being decimated on all servers with perhaps the exception on connery and I believe the only real reason it hasn't happened on connery is due to some solid outfits
    • Up x 1
  8. Campagne

Yeah, 'cause the Mjolnir hasn't been the worst performing ES AV since its inception, right?

Oh, no, wait. I'm thinking of the Vulcan. :p
    • Up x 2
  9. borgqueenx

What smg for VS are you comparing it with?
  10. OtoriAssahara

After 2h game i saw few VS with Canis who kill few enemy in 7-10 sec. This weapon is too OP.
  11. HAXTIME

Fair enough suggestions. I'd also like to see Extended Mags on the TR SMG, perhaps at the cost of a magazine size of only 35 (instead of your suggestion of 40).
  12. typnct

Yeah the mjolnir is the worst cuff cuff gatekeeper
    The mjolnir got buffed af in the last update and outperformes every other dmg dealing secondary...
  13. Blam320

It's literally the most used NC vehicle secondary on Connery, especially on Harassers.
  14. Campagne

I can't comment on the current state of the Mjolnir as I've neither seen nor used one since before the CAI, nor do I care to.

However, the Mjolnir prior to the CAI was scraping the bottom of the barrel in every major metric, and the GK was the most recent super OP thing. Both were even released at the same time. :p
  15. DIGGSAN0

Ahhhh *takes sip of mug*

There he is, the obligated random Planetman who did not care about the game until now...

*takes another sip*

And thinks that he has even a tiny clue about the game and it's balance
    • Up x 3
  16. adamts01

Run the numbers yourself, the Vulcan drastically out-damages the MJ up close, and even does a touch more at range. The Mj can arc shots, but it's harder to use as a direct fire weapon. I'd give the Vulcan the victory for average players and Mj the edge for vets who can position and lob shots over hills. I think they're balanced. These SMGs on the other hand....

Because look at the other options..... I was using a Bassi till the Mj was rightfully buffed.
    • Up x 1
  17. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We've been getting quite a bit of feedback on the new SMGs, and have been gathering it up. We've discussed tweaking the weapons, but haven't come to a conclusion quite yet. Still looking into all the feedback and before we decide how to proceed.
    • Up x 3
  18. JibbaJabba

I strongly urge:
    Caution and "wait and see" on overall tweaks if even needed.

But..
    Execute swiftly on the obvious please.

The unstable ammo is game wrecking. There is a 60 vs 40 (VS smaller) I'm watching. Most (by a definitive margin) of damage is being done with unstable ammo. The VS are gleefully massacring with this ammo and not even ashamed about it. Nearly all the VS in the hex that are on the front lines are running it. KDR vs the VS right now is insane. Things still seem even with the TR. VS guys are jumping in front of crowds and spraying with little aim and they still melt everyone.

It's a big open secret. Go pull stats to confirm.

Get this bullcrap fixed before the holidays. Like take the servers down and do it now.
    • Up x 4
  19. Kdog559

So all weapons are supposed to be NC for dmg/TR for faster fire rate/and VS for no bullet drop? Let that crap go. Balance is supposed to be introducing new items and weapons that are just like all other factions,But have different similarities. Doesn't mean everything the DEV's introduce has to be different all the time.It's just the DEV's decided to switch it up.You guys act like the new SMG is going to be your main weapon every time you choose a loadout.When the DEV's introduce new LMG's I know everyone will complain the same way all over again.Let the DEV's deal with what needs to be changed and accept change for what it is and learn to adapt to the nerf's that may come with it.The more you complain only hurts others because sometimes not everything needs to be changed.I've been through nerf's from hell and back.The way you handle a weapon determines the outcome of how well you can kill.Not everything is a I WIN button.
  20. JibbaJabba

Ok, I feel utterly icky.

I flipped over to VS for a good run. That new gun is sick. Holds it's own at 10-50m but probably wouldn't be my first choice. Inside 10m? You can literally just melt a whole room 4+. Just hipfire above the shoulders. You can even flip your aim to the next target before the first has started a death animation. If you come to a crowded corner just prefire around head level and step out quickly.

The spin up on the gun is useless though. It's deadly before it spins up, and stops being deadly at full tilt.

Gotta say that was fun, but I don't think I'll do it again. Staying off my VS guy for a bit.