[Suggestion] New SMG - need rebalance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OtoriAssahara, Dec 7, 2017.

1. csvfr

''ADAD'' is not the same as lag-switch, the latter being intentionally lowering/dropping your internet connection in order to not update the server and rest of the players about what you are doing, the former generally benefitting from low latency/good connection.

Better to nerf it sooner rather than later - the longer they wait the more people will have bought it. I mean if they wait 6 months the people who buy it after 5.5 months will be equally if not more ''cheated''. More as the long time might give an impression to later customers of the gun stats being stable.

My personal suggestion would be to drop the damage model of the Canis and Jackal to 143, and give the 40 round magsize to the Jackal. If after some time it turns out the Canis is still outperforming, then either decrease its HS multiplier, set the DMG to 125, or remove UA.
  2. JibbaJabba

Definitely. I didn't mean to imply otherwise.
  3. Drsexxytime

Um no. If you lag switch, you have an advantage. Get this out of your mind. It doesn't work that way. Just watch BR/SK/CN players and it's easy to see how bad ping, and with switches/limiters benefit them. There's a guy famous for it. The one guy that did the original Canis OP video where he has poor connection and people don't see him right away. It is what it is. Get over the denial.

DEVS LISTEN UP.

If the DEVS are nerfing the Canis, I expect nerfs to Gladius, Jackal, Cyclone, Phoenix, and Striker, because they are also strong weapons. Those will kill you just as fast, and/or no defense from. Shooting strong rockets over terrain and such, or not having a range for lock on so the other two factions can't shoot with impunity from out of range. And the other mentioned SMGs kill just as fast, without downfalls like spin ups and clipping objects instead of hitting the target behind cover.

The devs should focus on people modding hitboxes and lag switches first, along with the random aim-assists/bots and glitchers.

If you give into the cries from people upset VS have a competitive weapon in situations, and DON'T address the others including the cheaters, I'm DONE with my sub and giving you money. I'll make sure to notify Jim Sterling and other big youtubers about bait'n'switching. And, also about your lootbox gambling for powerful implants. Sick of getting ran over coals by devs.
  4. Rydenan

It's a good "equalizer" if you forget about the fact that only one side of the engagement gets access to it.
    • Up x 3
  5. AtckAtck

I don't know what you did with the new smg exactly and honestly i dont care much.
    But it is clear that anyone is now using only those new weapons, on all classes.
    And that not only because of "new stuff".

I haven't bought any of the new weapons yet, but just because i got other guns to aurax first.
    Playing around in the VR a bit with them gave me all i need to know. High damage per bullet, high accuracy, high dps, controllable while moving, ok hipifre. No wonder everyone is using it now...

Even hardcore heavy players with like 25k kills on betelgeuse are now playing heavy with canis.
    THAT alone should tell you that something is wrong.

When implementing new stuff i can only give you one good suggestion:
    Look at what the veterans make out of it, that's all you need to know.
    • Up x 2
  6. LordKrelas

Gladius is hard to nerf.
    Jackal is.. well it's already pretty situation for the attachments.
    Phoenix is already nerfed hard.
    You can shoot down a Phoenix, dodge a phoenix, and survive a phoenix point-blank.
    Hell firing a Phoenix, you render yourself defenseless for the entire missile flight.
    Least you didn't say "And the Scattermax too" as if it wasn't ****** this time.

So no defense, is ********.

Competitive is stretching it.. when it's seemingly so one-sided.
    As well, VS has never had an issue with competing in basically all situations outside of the Lasher not being a 1v1 weapon..
  7. AtckAtck

8. Razeel

Dear Drsexxytime big youtubers u mentioned will ignore u or will type something like Foff PLEASE cos they don't care about almost d||d project.

So let's be honest u have a problem only with cyclone cos other weps u mentioned are ok, if u actually used them, well it's a best smg but it's the only 1 thing NC have better than other factions, vanguard is big, heavy piece of fruit jello with awesome ability of absorbing damage before BaM moment, reaver is the king of skies in parallel universe, NC is the only faction that have Canister which is used by every1 cos it's OP right?(dream gun of masochist u can shoot only point blank so in 5 sec u have 5 c4 11 decimator shots and 1 kill of some noob that was just lagging or u can keep distance as a sane ppl do and have 1 kill\per 12 "rounds"\1 magazine) So maybe just maybe leave this cyclone alone already...
    And to be honest, well the game is in pretty lame "shape" after HESH, AV turret fix and many other "fixes" even vets are leaving so relax and enjoy whats left.
    oh and btw AV turret ''fix'' is so awesome, no1 using it now and laughing at u when u died using it or tried to find a place to place it for 20 mins, so much fun when turret can't be placed even on "flat" surface, dear devs maybe certs refund? thats pretty fair u made stuff unplayable so give us back certs and we will buy something else until well u know "fix".
  9. OtoriAssahara

I have enough after those few days.
    Everyone from VS runs around with this sick Canis. HA, LA, Med, Eng, Infi. If MAX could use them, he probably would have them too.
    I take a break from playing on the front with VS.
  10. Ucarenya

11. kassad

Its same thing as ZOE did. Nobody wanted to play against VS. Everybody was on ZOE wagon glimmering.
    From this canis thing I just dont play against VS.. More customers for Kain/Reapers outfits :)