New GPU and PSU

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RainbowDash9, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Aldaris

Are you like, the world's biggest tool or what? Can you not read those links and note they're both recommended by someone you rate highly? Neither of them scored a 7/10 moron. You can't have it both ways. Either this guy is an expert and knows a quality product when he sees one and tests one or they're inferior products and this reviewer doesn't know what he's talking about. Choose.

Nor can you seem to in fact follow any of the other reviews which recommend repeatedly Corsair rebranded CWT PSUs.

I didn't miss that part. It's irrelevant. It proves literally nothing. Just because someone uses one manufacturer for some products and another for a higher model doesn't invalidate the quality of that former maker. It's a lower quality, but lower quality doesn't equal POS, junk, crap and whatever derogatory comment you'd like to make. Quality is not a binary scale. It's not the best and everything else is crap.

Oh no, something occasionally is made slightly cheaper. Big whoop. The base price still makes it cheaper. You also don't seem to realise that both products can go on sale making the Corsair even cheaper still. Waiting around for a random sale is pointless when you need a component now. It would be like me stating I want more memory, but I know, I'll wait for the next Black Friday because something might be a bit cheaper then. Seeing as you don't know when this supposed price cut will occur, if ever again, it's utterly irrelevant.

No, I'm telling people what to buy based on their budget, their needs, and the quality of the product, where as you ignore all these factors and keep suggesting the same brands regardless of those factors. You're the biased fanboy around here, not anyone else. You are wrong. Period. Again, prove there's something wrong with that PSU or **** and go shove your ignorant head back up your rear end.

Jesus Christ this is why children shouldn't be on the internet.
  2. BlackDove

Im a moron huh?

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=239

Build quality: 7/10.

And it poves NOTHING that multiple brands use CWT for their low end cheap stuff and Seasonic and Antec for their high end models!?

Really!? Lol whats your theory on why Corsair and Antec as well as several other brands use CWT for low end stuff and Seasonic or Delta for high end PSUs?

And bad soldering for a CWT, which jonnyguru said CWTs are usually bad enough, plus cheap capacitors is ok with you?

I guess being an "adult" to you means having no common sense? Because thats all it takes to figure out why those companies do that.

Ive actually posted my age elsewhere on this forum, but the fact that you think im younger than i am is a complement. I do tend to drive people who dont know what theyre talking about to insult me when they cant successfully argue their point, like in that other thread you gave up on.

Speaking of that, ive gotten plenty of thanks from people who asked for advice and ended up with the slightly more expensive but much better option i recommended on this forum.

Why? Because some people realize that is cheaper in the long run to spend more money up front, rather than buying something that costs less initially but will fail or have to be upgraded or replaced sooner.
  3. RainbowDash9

alright alright you two quit it :p
    one: like i said, it doesnt need to be top of the line as i dont plan on upgrading again, i plan on buying a whole new custom computer in a year or two, hence why im not buying super expensive stuff.

two: the whole CWT and seasonic crap, the way i see it, maybe CWT doesnt make super high end psu's or maybe seasonic bought off various companies for being "the best you can get" to get more sales. business people, its a thing.

three:as long as the psu gets the job done and lasts the time i expect it to, its perfectly fine. it has plenty enough wiggle room, it suits my needs, and its cheap. win win in my book. (not to mention it has a 3 year warranty so if it does fail i get a replacement or my money back)

Lets try to stay on topic here though, i wanted help, not a nerd war lol
    • Up x 1
  4. Dragam

Im glad you didnt get thrown off by the argument, and i basically couldnt agree more :)
  5. Aldaris

Overall score and the fact he recommends it is what matters *******.

It doesn't prove that CWT stuff is junk, POS and garbage. Do try and keep up with what's being discussed, mmm k? Again, you're using low end as an absolute. It isn't. It's lower, not low period. Just because something is lower quality doesn't make It bad. So much for your supposed common sense. Anyone with a brain can realise that.

Being recommended and doing the job required is what matters to me, but you admitting your favoured little reviewer says as much and disagrees with you would be you admitting you're wrong, and you're such an egotist you are completely incapable of that.

Oh, no, you shouldn't be taking it as a compliment. Because it's not. You are a child. You're driving me to insults because that's clearly all you're worth. If I don't know what I'm talking about why do reviews you even said to look up agree with me and not you? CWT PSUs are fine. You can't provide any evidence to deny that. Grow up and admit you're wrong. I gave up on that thread because you're a moron and it was getting boring. I argued my point several times. Just because you're too immature to listen is not my problem.

Well you shouldn't have done because you clearly have given bad advice. You obviously don't understand the concept of requirements of the buyer or a budget. See, if money is tight, sometimes all you can afford is "just about workable", you have to cut out options such as dealing with upgrades. You ignore people's budget and what they say they require, and keep suggesting spending more and more money on the same few brands regardless of needs or costs. It makes you a bad adviser. Some people cannot afford more expensive now for cheaper in the long run. For example, outright buying a new top of the range phone and paying a SIM only contract usually works out cheaper, but people cannot afford to drop hundreds if not thousands of whatever currency on that. They can afford a bill every month however even though it's more expensive over time. Some people don't NEED, such as RainbowDash, to spend more when it's a stop gap measure.

Again, actually prove that the Corsair PSU is a bad buy and the reviews should be ignored.

Sorry RainbowDash9, BlackDove just likes arguing with anyone whose opinion doesn't match his. As myself and Dragam have said, and as the reviews of that model state, it's a good budget PSU. It'll do you just fine for your requirements.
  6. BlackDove

Well you can see by the disassembly photos in the review, as well as what jonnyguru actually wrote in his review. Theyre generally lower quality soldering and cheap capacitors.

As for bribery, why would Corsair sell them under their name at all then? Most people dont even realize that Corsair doesnt make anything they sell or that their PSUs are made by several different manufacturers.

Its your money so buy whatever you want. I only pointed out that you need to trust facts and not brands.
  7. Aldaris

Oh FFS. Stop pretending that the budget end of the market won't cut corners or have lower quality design. You're fixating on one particular aspect of the review that was slightly negative and extending that to mean "This is crap PSU. Don't buy it" Read the entire article and stop fixating on one section. His conclusion is pretty clear that it's a cheap PSU that gets the job done and doesn't fail to meet its specs under load and doesn't go bang as soon as you switch it on. That's all RainbowDash needs and this PSU does the job.

Stop throwing a hissy fit just because someone won't listen to your BS and you've defeated your own argument by suggesting going by reviews and those reviews say it's a good PSU for Rainbow's needs. Such a whiny egotist.
  8. BlackDove

I specifically pointed out that jonnyguru only counts build quality as 15% of the final score. Thats an arbitrary and awfully low number considering that quality and design basically determine performance and durability which in turn determines value.

If you your cheap PSU fries your whole system, was it worth saving $20 to fry something that will cost hundreds to replace? I guess to you it is.

I advise against it, and build quality and design are 100% of the score because performance and value are directly determined by those factors.

Thats just common sense though. Which is why i recommended the Seasonic which is currently on sale for 40% off and will likely have a rebate again before Christmas that makes a well built 620W Seasonic PSU cheaper than the "lower" quality CWT 430W with bad soldering and cheap capacitors.

And we still havent established what PSU he actually has because he hasnt said what it is! It might be BETTER than the CWT and he might not need to spend anything at all to power a 750ti. Of course wed need to know that.

I also figure, hes got a Haswell i5 and some RAM. Thats a big chunk of a new PC.

He could save even more money by buying a better PSU he can use in his future build.

You call me a child and a moron and tell him that it will be fine with a low end PSU that has bad soldering and cheap capacitors(two very important indicators of a PSUs quality), while ignoring those facts entirely. Yes of course he should listen to your lazy advice that you use no critical thinking to come up with. Its easier than thinking isnt it?

And you gave up advising that other guy to rush into getting ripped off on a GPU probably because you read how awesome GM200 is for his needs or something and you couldnt explain why he should waste money on junk. Or maybe you realized that 2x$350 is more than $650 lol.

I also love how you said "end of discussion" and kept responding with more bad advice lol. And since when is being an egoist a bad thing? Go google the definition.
  9. Jac70

Well I have been building and using PCs since the early 90s. I used to know more about the ins and outs of various hardware but recently I have become less interested in such things. I have an i7 and a 970 and that is pretty much good enough for me.

Over the last 20 odd years I have owned a handful of power supplies. In the early days cheap no-name crap. I now own a Coolermaster Silent Pro that cost me £70. I was always under the impression that it was a quality unit but according to that list it is a Tier 3.

My point is you can worry too much about components. I have never had an issue with a PSU in all my PC experience. I have heard that the Builder Series are good supplies for the money and that 430w should be fine for this application.
  10. Aldaris

And yet you recommended him. Seeing as he did a full spectrum of tests and it passed, there's absolutely no indication what so ever that it will fry the system merely because it's a CWT design.

So with the 40% it's still more expensive, and you're speculating on another price cut which may or may not happen, and in fact might happen to both making the CWT still cheaper.

I agree but I don't think that's going to happen.

Buying now speculating on a future build he hasn't even dreamed up yet two years down the line is dumb. We know the 430 will power his system now, we know it will be stable based on reviews and we know it's cheap. We don't know whether your more expensive suggestion will be enough for this future build in 2 years, making it an upgrade he potentially doesn't need to spend that much money on.

I haven't ignored those facts *******. It's a budget PSU. It won't have the quality of a more expensive purchase. You're ignoring the facts as presented by the reviews which show those issues are not show stoppers. Despite some cheaper parts, the PSU runs to spec and is stable. You literally have your head in the sand by trying win an argument over one specific part of the reviews which was acknowledged and deemed within spec by those reviewers. Again, either these guys know what they're talking about or they don't.

You are, on top of every other negative aspect you have, being massive hypocritical. You haven't displayed an ounce of logic or critical thinking once. You are ignoring the facts as presented by the reviews that this PSU is a good quality budget PSU.

No, because arguing with a brick wall is pointless, I have more interesting things to do and you wouldn't see any argument beyond your bias. Well done, yet again, proving what a child you are and bringing up another argument into this discussion.

I also love how you continue to argue despite being proven factually wrong and a fanboy. I know the definition well dick weed. It's used in a derogatory fashion for a reason "Egotists have a strong tendency to talk about themselves in a self-promoting fashion, and they may well be arrogant and boastful with a grandiose sense of their own importance. Their inability to recognise the accomplishments of othersleaves them profoundly self-promoting; while sensitivity to criticism may lead on the egotist's part to narcissistic rage at a sense of insult". Defined your nonsense to a T.

Having an ego is fine. Everyone has one to greater or lesser degrees. Actually being an egotist just makes you a ******.

Just get over the fact and stop whining he's buying what he wants based on advice that didn't come from you and reviews that suggest it's the right purchase for him.
  11. BlackDove

I think the narcissistic rage thing fits perfectly with the amount of names youve called me just then.

And i do like jonnygurus reviews because he disassembles and extensively tests them. However he doesnt test them for months of use. He can only speculate if those lower quality parts like the capacitors he said he wouldnt trust on a motherboard will fail or not. And even without the rebate, $25 or so isnt worth the risk for me.

And thats where you should use common sense and judgement(which requires you to be knowledgeable about the subject yourself) and analyze the facts presented in a review, and determine if something is right for you or not.

So you googled "egoist" and called me "dick weed" in a fit of the narcissistic rage in the same post as your DSM diagnosis of me, Dr. Aldaris?

Sounds a bit hypocritical dont you think?

I already stated that its his money and i dont care what he buys. I dont care if he buys a CWT POS PSU. YOU are the one attempting to influence his purchases, while using ad hominem attacks to "prove" your "points".
  12. Aldaris

You don't even know basic English do you? Ordinary rage isn't narcissistic *******. It's just rage.

None of the major review sites test anything for months because it's not realistic. We're also not talking about you. What you want and desire is irrelevant.

Yes, and the facts as presented make it a perfectly viable PSU for his needs. What about this are you failing to comprehend?

Again, see above about simply ordinary rage moron.

If you don't care, why are you posting? In fact, if you don't care how anyone spends their money, simply stop attending this website, unless you do actually care. It's more like you don't care in this instance about someone because they're not listening to you. Just like an egotist. Piss off in your ignorance. I'm using ad hominem attacks now because you're worth ****. You are simply not worth dealing with on any polite manner.

I LOVE the fact you're still calling them POS when every bit of evidence that has been presented, including by you, states otherwise. There are multiple reviews of multiple CWT PSUs which all come recommended, but you're simply ignoring them because it proves you wrong. You cannot think critically, biased fanboys are incapable of that. Simply stop being a crybaby because you were proven wrong and leave the adults to talk.
  13. BlackDove

I think its the same sort of issue where you cant comprehend that a GM200 GPU is worth waiting for vs buying something else immediately.

If this guy can wait until neweggs Christmas sale instead of impulse buying trash on amazon he can have something nice for cheaper than the junk hed otherwise get.

But you dont seem to care and just buy random stuff yourself without critical thought. Then you end up looking for other opinions that agree with your purchases after the fact.

Thats why you give bad(actually biased) adivce: you derive your opinions in reverse.

You proved nothing other than youre willing to settle for bad soldering and cheap capacitors in the most important part of a PC. Im not.

I cared to provide an honest answer to his question: yes Corsair is a "trusted brand" because they built that reputation by selling Seasonic rebrands. They can use the ignorance of consumers like you to maintain that trust even though they now rebrand much cheaper and lower quality PSUs.

Thats why i advised him to wait a week or two until better stuff is on sale on newegg. Whats wrong with that advice? He can buy whatever he wants. Im simply providing additional information.

Youre the one telling him that the Corsair will absolutely work well. You gonna pay him for it if it fries based on your little "absolute" guarantee?

And your definition of fanboy must be different than mine. I like nice stuff. You make excuses for bad soldering and cheap capacitors. Sounds like youre the fanboy to me. Making excuses for things you personally bought.

And no you have some clearly narcissistic tendencies and you feel the need to use ad hominem for the only reason ad hominem is necessary: you missed the point and are unable to argue yours.

You must be an ESFJ or something lol. Im an INTP so i would enrage people like you.

I love how you say "leave the adults to talk" and act like you know something about psychology or computers too.

Its funny because most ten year olds would be rational enough to say "i can get something way better for the same price or a little more than something that sucks? Of course ill get the better one!"

And last time i checked being young was a good thing. Im 31 but i sure wish i was ten again.
  14. Aldaris

Blah blah blah I have no evidence to back my stance up but I'm going to continue whining that people aren't listening to me says BlackDove. You've been proven wrong. Deal with it. Go cry in a corner like a good little boy.

Literally everything agrees with me but you're still getting your panties in a knot. Corsair CWT PSUs are fine. They're quality PSUs and you have no evidence to say otherwise.

Now **** off.
  15. BlackDove

Bad soldering and cheap capacitors make for a "quality PSU"?

Good to know. Thanks for educating me with your technical explanation there.

Here ive been buying well made parts all these years like a fool!

I love how angry youre getting because i have a different opinion than you. What was that you said about hypocrisy? I love how youve got so many insults and censored words because i dont recommend garbage like you do. Shows how mature and informed you must be.

Id love to have my next PC built by you with substandard parts thst cost the same as good ones. Im sure you could spend a fortune on overpriced outdated and inefficient trash for me.

So are you ESFJ? Do you even know what that is without googling it or is your knowledge of psychology as "extensive" as your knowledge of computer hardware?

"Literally everything agrees with me" sounds pretty self-promoting, narcissistic and delusional to me. You an egoist or something? Lol

All your censored words and insults make you seem sensitive to criticism too.
  16. RainbowDash9

omg would you two shut up? lol jeez both of you are acting like children. at least be mature about it.

Aldaris, just dont reply anymore if all youre gonna do is argue. youve made your points, no use in saying them over and over.

BlackDove, of course their cheap capacitors, its a budget psu. thats what makes it budget friendly. half the **** in this computer is budget, considering i payed 500 dollars for it. i dont need a super high tech great psu just to get rid of it in two years. when i get the new computer its gonna need more than what you want me to get now.

Im choosing the CWT based on the fact that its all i can afford, and it would be a waste of time saving up for a psu i dont need. im also going off the reviews of regular people who've used it, which is much more legit than any "expert" (ign rate 2/10 bad capacitors)
    not to mention i dont use newegg, as i have amazon prime and all that ****.

Also, i have stated that my psu is 300w which is the bare minimum required. but i dont feel safe leaving it with this piece of **** psu that came with the computer.

Now either you two stop arguing or do it elsewhere, because i want actual advice not half *** rage filled comments spiting eachother based on different opinions. Both of your opinions have been noted and ill make my purchase accordingly.
  17. BloodravenD

I had to look back at the original post, all this arguing got me forgetting with the topic was. I think the 750 or 750ti will suit you fine, and you can pick up a pretty cheap pus for 50-60 bucks no problem. I actually had the corsair CX 500w i think, not sure if it was CX, until I realized that with my setup I had needed more power. Generally you want 10-20% more power than is recommended, just in case, because it can flucuate and you don't want it to go lower than your minimum needs.

Usually it's better to kinda future proof, as in any parts you buy now, and possibly ones in your computer already, can be used in the new computer you plan on building down the road, so it might be better for you to save another 150 or so and pick up a gtx 970. I think they're 300 or 350, and they're only slightly less powerful than the 780ti, you're definitely getting your bang for your buck. If you can find a decent deal on amazon that's great, but can look on newegg as well, they have really good deals.
  18. RainbowDash9

only issue is im buying a custom prebuilt from my friend with everything as good as it can come, and not to mention saving up 350 would take me the two years i plan on having this card in the first place.
  19. Dragam

Just stick with your plan RainbowDash9, it sounds like the best move for you :)
  20. Aldaris

As I said, I'm sorry Rainbow. Just BlackDove really gets on my nerves.

As Dragam said, your plan is fine and the PSU will serve your needs.