New C4 damage to tanks + Video

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haruk, Jul 16, 2013.

1. makrome

No offense man, everybody should play the game the way they want to, just wanted to advice to take your dislike of c4 with a grain of salt.
    It's just often very weak arguing on the nerfers side (not exclusively the c4 ones but all of them, be it max/mines/shotguns and whatnot).
    I, for one, just can't stand the neverending demand for nerfs, ppl posting the 'deal with it' meme, but noone ever does.
    When you are killed rarely by C4 you somewhat prove the l2p part.
    You learned, you dealt with the threat, good work.
    Others instead, flatout refuse to take care of threats of that kind and that's why we have all the nerf crusades running.
    They're tunnelvisioning on only their perception of the game.
  2. KenDelta

You see , I Don't give an F about that MBT's death or half death , I just want my 500MBT xp + 100xp(+100xp if he has a gunner) and any extreme menaces going on if they're just farming.

I think you agree with me ^ , 3 C4s SOE take my certs I don't need em.
  3. Zotamedu

The main problem with C4 and other explosives is not really related to the explosive itself. The biggest problem is the freaking drop podding suicide bombers that are impossible to defend yourself from since they have landed on your Sunderer/tank, dropped their explosives before they have rendered.

Getting to a tank and planting C4 takes planning and it takes balls. I feel a lot more badass when I manage to C4 a tank with my HA than when I blow it up with a rocket launcher. Sometimes, it's too easy to just walk up to a sunderer, plant two C4 and then shoot them with the rocket launcher without anybody even trying to stop me.
    • Up x 1
  4. KlyptoK

Geez it will take me forever to read this thread and it hasn't even been 24 hours.
  5. LT_Latency

This is a bad idea.

Think about place on the map where C4 is not viable. Every single player picks strikers and AV turrets and tanks don't have a chance in hell because they have 3000 points of damage locked on to them and only 2000hp.

As people drop c4 because they don't want to spend 200 inf points for an assist the other weapon will be used more.

C4 can get you in one go, But you can avoid it if you are careful and think about it. You can't avoid 2 times your hp in lock on missles. which is going to be more common now
  6. MichaelS

well, your galaxy or flash don't kill ppl. my galaxy kills planes and a soldiers with the grenade launcher, plus i get deploy kills for ppl i transport. not that i ever get nuked with c4 you can compare it to its major thread. my galaxy can compared to skyguard or burster.
  7. Rivotril

I still don't get all the whining about c4, because 1) you have to be literally "on" the target, so you have to survive all the way to it, and 2) like Thrustin said, you have to go away to not die....

The problem is not c4 , it's people that don't see an enemy passing in from of them.... So many times i was team kill when I was trying to stop a kamikaze with c4...
    • Up x 1
  8. WookLordz

Do you mean the teamplay of uninterrupted tanker infantry farming? "Teamplay" is a pretty crappy argument, as with teamplay any tank can repel C4 pretty effectively. But you didn't want that.
  9. Mythicrose12

Seeing how the LA update keeps getting brushed off, it could happen. I honestly don't expect a LA to carry 3, though. We'd once again be popping undefended sundies (never mind that I use a an engineer and AV mines to do just that now....and for cheaper use of infantry resources).
  10. Divinorium

It's a begin, but nowhere close of the needed. Tanks will still being useless most of time (sorry you doin 40/0 in a tank shooting noob and non-organized infantry that aren't defending the point or trying to take your sund IS useless)

Tanks will still being weak in open field (no cover to hide from non-rendered infantry)

And at close quarter they will still C4 and rocket.

But again they need to put a range limit to infantry weapons.(300 meters)

And completely rework the beacon/squad drop.

A half organized squad still can wipe whole platoons of armour without problem.

Only the lone wolfs will get hit.

By the way, funny to see the CoD players crying when they didn't get to lose anything And saying "respect my play style" When their play style COMPLETELY DENY tank drivers.

You could use a tank, you just weren't usefull for your team.
    You still can use a tank, you still not being usefull for your team.

Beacon.
    • Up x 3
  11. Zorewin

Finally they nerfed it!
  12. Kaon1311

If you made it to the tank, place 2 C4, i dont think walking/ jetting back/up 10m is going to be too difficult. According to the forums the only ones who die to C4 are those with no situational awareness anyway, placing C4 doesnt make a noise, or do people think now that C4 has been nerfed all tankers suddenly became situational awareness gods? (couldnt find a better wording :/)
    Bads will still die to C4 + UBGL combo.

Why not shoot the UBGL while approaching so the 2 C4 you place will be enough to finish it off? Maybe even get a buddy with a launcher or their own UBGL to shoot your C4, or are you more concerned about the xp/certs than helping your team take down a tank? Maybe detonate the C4 just before your pal uses his launcher/UBGL/their C4 etc.....

Anyway, if your so set on instagibbing tanks, try mines, mine work fine, or the thought of not being an LA floating unseen down to a tank scare you. God forbid you will have to pass the enemy face to face to get to a tank?
    • Up x 1
  13. YoloXXSwag420

Oh noes, more than one person might be required to kill a MBT or Sundy, oh noes. Hopefully Engi is changed as well. Should always take 2+ players to kill a MBT or sundy. Sucks to be you guys.............no, no I can't even pretend I feel bad for you. I don't.
    • Up x 1
  14. uhlan

Again, you folks get all caught up in your statistics and the argument devolves into a "who's smarter battle". Those statistics are irelevant and cannot be discussed in isolation. Forgive me if I sound harsh, but step back a second...

Solutions to AVOID DEATH by C4...

1. Look up!!!

2. Spin that turret around constantly, clear your lines of sight! Or, get a secondary gunner that does those things for you.

3. Use your "T" key option.

4. Stay mobile, stop being a pillbox... you're just asking to get spammed by c4.

All of this can be done without any cost to you as a vehicle driver and I guarantee it will reduce your chance of getting c4'd in HALF, thus destroying all the statistics being put forth in this argument because it is based on the fact that virtually NO ONE follows the above suggestions.

Yes, it IS just that easy folks. Situational awareness is the key to victory.

I play this game riding in a tank with no upgrades, but ammo and optics, the basic secondary weapon and I do extremely well. I can make a tank last for hours of gameplay. I realize this is anecdotal, but I know it is possible from my experience.
  15. Xae

God Forbid tanks not setup a tent and camp.
  16. makrome

it's really bad game design when a tank isn't fast enough to outrun a footsoldier
    • Up x 1
  17. Paragus

Thank you for taking away what was one of the only reasons left to play an already gimped and broken class. God forbid a tank driver might have to use the radar perk or even move his tank from time to time. Unlocking that C-4 x 2 costed a lot of certs, unlocking that tank costed nothing.
  18. Thrustin

Issue of the drop pod system, not that of C4. I can still do the same with engi + 3 C4, or his tank mines.

It's jachim. He considers solo tanking to be team work where as solo instagibbing said solo tanker to be a noob move. I'd just ignore him if I were you.

Which isn't the case now, is it.
    • Up x 2
  19. Divinorium

I will say exactly what i have said in your stream: TANKS ARE USELESS.

But you play alone, refuse squads doesn't work with the team in a game with 2000 players. Tell me what opinion you want to have?

If you want to go solo and own go play CoD Singleplayer.

I've said: It's a begin but nowhere the changes needed. Tanks will still useless because of engs and HA.

PS:From another topic: what it needs to make Tanks Effective again.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...an-chain-pull-c4-up-to-40-times.140653/page-6

20. Thrustin

I have a feeling the nerfed C4 in the end due to the ****** implant system. You can buy a sensor shield implant, make yourself completely invisible to radar and then detonate a MBT, which is an issue. Again, a bandaid fix. Similar to why the reduced the distance from where you can see the enemy healthbar, that's not increasable with implants.

On a sidenote: God seems to be forbidding a lot on these forums lately...