New C4 damage to tanks + Video

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haruk, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Haruk

On the test server now. On live servers soon(?)

Discuss.
    • Up x 8
  2. Blarg20011

Introduce directional damage for C4, problem solved
    • Up x 11
  3. mpal

Just going to put this bluntly. **** is ********.
    • Up x 10
  4. Benton!

Seems fine to me. Kill the engie coming out to repair = dead tank.
    • Up x 5
  5. Fredfred

Finally!
    Personally, I would of made it so that the c4 is more about placement just like all rocket launchers. Should take 2 c4 in the back, 3 for top and side armor and 4 in the front armor.
    So, if someone can sneak up behind you, it becomes more rewarding. But if they are just going to fly over you and drop c4, it would be.
    • Up x 12
  6. Yloh

If my LA can carry 3 C4 im fine with it.
    • Up x 11
  7. mpal

Erm, ever heard of fire suppression?
    • Up x 2
  8. Mythicrose12

Except it allegedly takes about a minute for a MBT to burn down to zero and thirty seconds to burn a lightning. Plenty of time for either type of tank to drive away from the C-4 user and repair. If the tanks only had 10 seconds or less to repair your statement would hold true.
  9. Compass

Yes, instead of giving tanks a way to counter being insta-gibbed by C4, similar to mines, let us just reduce the effectiveness of C4 against tanks across the board. If it suddenly took 3 AT mines to kill tanks instead of 2, every engineer and their grandma would be out here complaining, but nope, it's just a nerf for C4, the idiot kid brother of an automated mine that lasts forever, deploys faster, and does more damage on PTS.
    • Up x 8
  10. FrontTowardEnemy

What about MAXes?
  11. Jeslis

Thank god, same treatment as a sunderer gets. now a lightassault from a tree can't just 1shot me. it HAS to be a heavy assault
    • Up x 2
  12. KenDelta

I want my LA's c4 cert line refunded , now.

Or give us 3 c4s for another 600certs.
    • Up x 6
  13. Fredfred

Nerfing c4 against MBTs is still a step forward.
    • Up x 6
  14. Phrygen

i'm going to put this bluntly as well..

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  15. Phrygen

tanks already have a way to counter C4. Its called prox radar. Most people don't use it cause they want their empire specific ability. They still made the choice to not use it.

now whats this you are saying about buffs to Tank mines? Tank mines need buffs. Right now they are terrible against anything that has a driver. If your tank is destroyed by tank mines, you weren't paying attention.
  16. Mxiter

I immediatly stop to stock C4 and certing my La.

Just makes tanks as tought as liberators!
  17. chrisbeebops

tanking noob mode enabled
    • Up x 14
  18. TrainerS2

IT IS JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  19. Ghost_Leader

Great,another nerf to the LA.:mad: Why not remove the whole class already? You can go 3rd person in a venicle to look around,you have a gunner and surprisingly enough you can move! If you're sitting around shooting flies and don't have a gunner you deserve to get blown up.Just because some people lack situational awareness and cry on the forums doesn't mean you should destroy the only useful ability of the LA class.
    • Up x 10
  20. Benton!

I kinda want a C4 refund now too.

The only time I use it is to kill tanks with light assault.
    • Up x 2