New C4 damage to tanks + Video

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haruk, Jul 16, 2013.

1. DarkerHalf

I said tank drivers, not tank gunners. Secondary weapons are far more stable than the primary. Gunners also don't have to worry about trying to drive and gun at the same time. As a tank driver, if I get engaged by armor or AV infantry, often times it means I have to find a bit of cover to play peekaboo until the volume of fire has gone down enough for me to move.

I hate trying to argue with people who try and insist that tanks should always be mobile, because it immediately shows that they know nothing about vehicle combat in this game. The vast majority of vehicle combat involved rushing between bits of cover that you have to hug. Vehicles simply don't have the armor to survive in the open, and aside from the harasser, they aren't fast enough to dodge shots.

Tanks do move to reposition or chase, but much of tank combat is much more static than people seem to imagine it as.
  2. Luighseach

I could agree with that or even agree that the Rear armor is the only thing acceptable to completely destroy a tank.

Also I understand when people get mad at people like me because C4 is not easy to use. It is also not the hardest thing in the game to use either. I just hate that there is no direct certable counter to it like mineguard and blockade armor on Sunderers. But since there is no counter I wouldn't mind them nerfing the damage it does to tanks until they bring in a counter.

Honestly I wouldn't even mind C4 if it wasn't for Light assault anyway or if Light assault was even in the game but that is just my opinion on that matter.

Also on the Drop pods I have used Tank mine drop pod combo to kill tanks and Sunderers and can say that it is an OP tactic that is very effective and should be nerfed but the only way to do that reliably is to nerf drop pods range or change tank mines killing ability so that it is directional. This same tactic works with C4 and is just as deadly.
  3. Hoki

While disgusting, this was fully expected.

You whiners for lower damage, higher sustainability always win.
  4. Phazaar

Resource cost is a mistake; retracted and accepted - I hadn't actually noticed that its cost was changed when tank costs went up. With that said, this was a situation that was still the same (tank vs Sundy survivability) pre-change, so I'm content my point remains unchanged.

An infiltrator can use two different weapons, are they more defensible than a tank too? Talk of stating incorrect facts, how many people are needed to use the weapons in a Sunderer? 2... How many people to use 'two different weapons' in a tank? 2... Aside from a very narrow selection of secondary weapons that are unique, the second weapon on a tank is able to be most of the same weapons that both of the weapons on a Sunderer are... Are you saying those secondary weapons are BETTER than the main tank cannon?? Hilarity. A Sunderer might be able to be more defensible against air and only air (requiring 3 players to be mobile, rather than 2), but it's beaten by the tank vs tanks, and vs infantry...

Nice try, but your strawman is utter fail. 10 tanks behind enemy lines means what? 10 tanks that will eventually die. 10 tanks behind enemy lines with 2 Sunderers, on the other hand, is a problem. Solution? Kill the Sunderers. Seriously, if you have been playing the game for more than a day and you haven't figured out that your first priority is to kill the enemy Sunderer, you're just not understanding what little meta there is in game... Also, when did I say infantry are underpowered? Infantry are massively OP, hence having to take out Sunderers... It's LA that are becoming more worthless with every patch. Vehicles need a huge buff until infantry combat is relegated to where it belongs: buildings... Otherwise, what is the point in vehicles existing?
  5. Jeslis

For the most part I was poking fun at your resource comment; I agree sunderers are priority targets.

In regards to the quoted post; Yes, 2x sunderer weapons are better then the 2ndary +MBT Main gun... VERSUS a light assault coming to try and C4 your ***.