[Suggestion] **NEW AMMO BOX** Pics Inside.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Braveliltoaster, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Zakuak

haha I thought that box looked familiar!

Man I loved that game, wooha, wicked times I had in there!
  2. TheRagingGerbil

I like it! (and anything from 2142 for that matter)
    • Up x 1
  3. Noebuhdy

+1

I like this design better than the current one, it literally shows that this is purely for field ammo resupply, since the current one everyone sees, looks like a fanny pack.. to me, they're not easy to find since when in Indar or Esamir during peak days, they blend right in to the background.. only thing that helps me find them is the glowing ammo icon hovering above it, and labeled on the minimap.

for Vanu (as an agreement), have Duracell or Energizer batteries instead of cartridges and hand-held rockets xP
    • Up x 1
  4. Braveliltoaster

they could always make it like the mines
  5. TheBloodEagle

I agree that the ammo box graphic isn't that interesting but you have to keep in mind ...NANITES...
    Those other games are based on the real, current world, but in PS2 nanites make all the vehicles & out bodies and guns. You wouldn't need physical ammo in a container, the nanites will make it when you need it.
  6. VSDerp

Looks pretty awesome to me. GG
  7. DirArtillerySupport

I felt the same way when BF2142 first came out...but I found it very similar to PS1. Now I'm just confused. I don't know who is copying who anymore.
  8. Hoki

Thanks for the reminder about why tanks on stilts are always a bad idea.
  9. Hypest

Bittervet PS1 player spotted. DICE somehow managed to balance them at the first try.
  10. Abize

Yep the trick was having it close range focused while the tanks had the long range hitting power. In urban areas the walkers were better, on the open maps the tanks usually scored higher. That being said, there are no real "urban" areas to which a walker can go, maybe if they improve the base designs it might allow for a return of the walking tanks XD
    • Up x 1
  11. Hypest

Guy who actually played BF2142 and speaks the truth spotted.

edit: not that i want walkers/mechs/whatevertheirnamewasinps1 in planetside 2. I would like SOE to improve/complete/balance the current features first, even small things like ammobox design.
  12. EvilPhd

Don't forget the bunny
  13. p10k56

Will be nice if ammobox get hit to explode..
  14. Braveliltoaster

they did that in PS1 and it was a big fail, Maybe if they designed them well it would work, but I can tell you if they told the community that walkers/BFRs were in making it would piss off a lot of PS1 vets
  15. Zotamedu

The current mechanic is highly annoying. I was standing on the roof of a tech plant yesterday and found out that I could not drop ammo to the floor below. That's just annoying. I also strongly dislike having to run around to find a spot where I'm allowed to drop the ammo.
    • Up x 1
  16. Zenith

Agreed with the OP, the current ammo 'box' just looks a bit silly. Even with the whole nanites explanation, it just seems strange to have something so small and insignificant looking, supplying a bunch of soldiers with a constant stream of munitions. :confused:
  17. Schnitzle

I like it, give them physics like in bf3, so you can toss em around
  18. Wasdie

I actually like that. Make them a bit more easy to see.

Faction specific art would be nice too.
  19. Braveliltoaster

but making something small and put no though into it and saying "nanites" is a little lazy dont you think?
  20. Wulfen109

Why discounted? NC is equally, if not, more funded than TR. They are ran by business titans and corporations. Basically Donald Trump and Burger Kings fund NC. I have no clue where everyone gets the idea that NC are the dirty, money-less faction. Read up on the lore