Nerf NC MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue4tw, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Ganelon

The "video evidence" you provided is trash and doesn't disprove anything at all.
  2. Marked4Death

A shotgun is still a shotgun when hipfired, an LMG is a useless POS when hipfired.

If TR and VS maxs could ADS, I could accept that the NC max is only situationally better.

Also other factions have shotguns, so they aren't gods gift to NC and no other faction thought to use them (except that god is Higby in PS2).
  3. Czuuk

And what evidence do you provide to the contrary?
  4. Navoletti

MAX OF TR AND VANU HAVE WEAPONS POOR WITH LOW DAMAGE,SOE NEED FIX THIS OR NERF THE WEAPONS OF NC MAX IS COMPLETELY UNBALANCED THE GAME.
  5. foofoocuddlebunny

the NC max is statistically the best max by about 20-30%, which is a pretty big margin. you could nerf its damage close range by 25% and it would still be really good.
  6. Zarth

Exactly.
  7. Ganelon

Numerous combat situations. It's the same with how the Magrider used to work, a staged fight would end in the tank opposing the Magrider winning (so either the Prowler or Vanguard) because it was **** in close range. The problem here is that Magriders never actually engaged in close range and thus never faced their weak point.
    Same with NC MAXes, sit in towers and gib infantry and opposing MAXes with ease.

People mentioned that we should use teamwork to take NC MAXes down, but they don't notice the issue there. You only really need that kind of teamwork for NC MAXes, TR and VS MAX don't require all that, they go down to concentrated fire. NC MAXes gib you instantly without giving you a chance to fight back.

They're not untouchable gods, by any means, but saying they're not overpowered by providing a video of a staged fight is absolutely ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  8. DramaticExit

What game are you playing? Because it sure as hell isn't planetside 2.

The majority of infantry fights happen at about 50/60m range.

Or maybe the reason I get the majority of my kills at that range, is because most people are charging blindly towards their target in a red-mist rage until they can literally shove their gun down the other guy's throat...

Close range fighting doesn't happen if you kill your target before they get there. This is why generally speaking guns are considered better than the knife in this game.

You're attacking a group which has superior close range capability? Then use a stand-off attack until you clear some space, then move forward when you have an opening.

On topic... Just improve the TR and VS MAX weapons. I don't think anyone would object to that.
  9. foofoocuddlebunny

uh a lot of infantry fighting is close range, many cap points are in doors, almost everything in doors is < 15 M and there are a lot of options for fighting in doors. i pretty much only use the pump action and only fight close range. i never have a hard time finding a good place to fight to my advantage. im willing to bet my score/hour would be a lot higher camping in the bio lab with a scat max than any other AI max anywhere else on the map. considering score/hour is the most important thing in this game i would say that qualifies as OP.
    • Up x 1
  10. RasFW

The only change I think would be necessary is AI MAXes cannot do damage, or do very VERY little damage, to other MAXes. Goes for all 3 empires. Then I can finally pull my Comets to deal with ScatMAXes.
  11. Mxiter

Too much crown fight for you.
    Organized outfits often travel by vehicles and fight as infantry to reach the objectives (cap points, generatos) wich are all in bases and most of time inside rooms.

I agree. MAX need balance, no matters how.
  12. Czuuk

Circumstantial. Inconclusive. Opinion.
  13. Czuuk

Camping in a bio lab is doing nobody any good but you cert farmers. And if you think that score/hour is the defining characteristic of this game then you're doing it wrong.
  14. Czuuk

As opposed to all of your poignant observations? You've done nothing but present your opinion. You continue to do so. You don't even know what it means to make a point in an argument. You have no evidence of any kind save your own word regarding your personal situations. The only appropriate response is to question your understanding of how the game works.
  15. Cyanide

It was like this with the prowler, T9 CARV, and Magrider guys. Seriously, give it a rest. It'll get its nerf eventually, and then we'll have something new to whine about, and someone's going to say "Hey guys, remember the ScatMax or Prowler lol?"
  16. Morticai

This isn't true, unfortunately. They're releasing Flamethrowers with comparable TTK as a compromise instead.
  17. Cyanide

It doesn't matter. Infact, it doesn't really matter if a weapon is OP or not. If enough people whine and moan, and post every day, it'll get nerfed. Flamethrowers were planned long before this.
  18. Czuuk

Statistically under 10m yes.
  19. Czuuk

Fortunately for us, the devs have real stats to analyze, rather than the phologna bologna presented here in this most wretched hive of scum and villainy. They'll be able to figure out if the imbalance is real or perceived. Either way... I'm a pilot so. Whatever.
    • Up x 1
  20. Cyanide

Besides, guys. The only time silverback gorillas are threatening is when they're in a flange. Other than that, they're easy to range down. Especially if you have a rocket launcher.
    • Up x 1