NC15 Phoenix

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TheKhopesh, Nov 12, 2013.

1. TheKhopesh

NC Heavies, please get this weapon ASAP.
    Then get the jackhammer.

Trust me, you'll love them both.

The phoenix needs buffs out the butt (It's not useful whatsoever, but it's an assist machine. Easiest assists you'll ever get.)
    But the Phoenix is fun as all hell.
    • Up x 3
  2. Mxiter

Very fun to use and terribly annoying when used in groups.
    Phoenix spam (3-4 users) is a plague to fight with armor in medium-big battles.
  3. MGAMIKA

The only buffs it needs are minor changes.

- Within 300m you can hop in and out at any time during the flight.. (hoping out still causes same drop rate as it does now).
    - Does NOT despawn once 300m happens, it drops you out of camera and continues on it's normal course it follows when user is out.
    - 300m is a fixed point from your body not how far the missle has traveled.

Those would help it I would say reload speed increase, however that would make it better than the lancer at that rate.

Also currently Most if not ALL the phoenix users that know of the reasons behind my "changes" would say it is fair..... However if I was to say the reason on the forums it would never be allowed into the game. To many the Phoenix is OP nerf it Threads would pop up. XD

Also its the only gun in the game you can reliably hit yourself with (98-99% chance I will hit my self if I try).
    • Up x 3
  4. Pikachu

We want headshot ability too. [IMG]
  5. neoNEO

i still remember when we could headshot infantary with phoenix. You could see 20 NC heavies farming from the spawn room all day. I knew people that created new char and by activating the phoenix trial(20 minutes) they did like 200kills with 0 death lol
  6. MGAMIKA

LOL I forgot about that one O.O anyone here knows how hard it is to get a headshot -.- with a Phoenix

That would be a nice bonus... lancer fully charged should also do the same though (if added), however it gets put into the same list as reload speed. Would be nice, but not 100% needed.
  7. LownWolfe

FREEDOM WHISTLE PEEEEEEEEEEEEW
  8. Goretzu

I'd also add it needs to be able to be properly dumbfired (with a flight path like the AA lock-on when dumbfired), that alone would make it a much more viable weapon.
    • Up x 3
  9. Mxiter

People would complain that it's a decimator upgrade.
  10. Liewec123

with the new patch its even move viable to ctrl+f10 to turn off the hud (letting you see fullscreen while flying it)
    since they've added target icons (friend and foe) to the hudless screen!

all phoenix users, use Ctrl+f10 to turn your hud off!
    it makes a world of difference!
    • Up x 1
  11. Corezer

that doesn't one shot people?
    or do as much damage?
    or fly as straight?
    or as fast?
    ???
  12. Corezer

Only buff it really needs is maneuverability.

A little turn speed (right now gals turn faster) remove the momentum carry from turning (currently it turns like rolling and pitching an aircraft, make it more like yawing) and a little speed (like from 42m/s to 46)
  13. Goretzu

It's not though, it doesn't have the splash damage, splash range or the direct damage of a decimator against most targets.

And you can already fire AA/AV Lock-ons like this and it makes them MUCH more versitile.

Other than that to make it more useable (and remotely as useable as the Striker or Lancer) require MAJOR direct buffs to the Pheonix.
    • Up x 1
  14. Liewec123

i love looking straight up, firing and instantly hitting E :D
  15. Mxiter

It does as much damages against vehicles (but galaxies) and reload faster compared to the Deci. (as fast as stock launcher and G2A/G2G)

"If" it fly on dumbfire mode with the same path than dumbfire G2A launcher (wich is the fastest rocket with the less drop) it would certainly be the best mid range AV weapon and give no point for the Decimator wich is only good at close range because of terrible velocity/drop.

The striker have been nerfed to the ground (and is actually terrible since you have to keep LOS until all rockets hits) because it was an annhi upgrade. If they do the same mistake with the phoenix, take care to the nerfhammer.

It just deals 750damages against infantries and gals. Otherwise, it deals deci damages to every vehicles wich is the main point of rocket launchers.
    Especially with flak armor incoming buffs that will reduce the direct damages from infantires AV weapons.
    You can "trick" a kind of dumbfire actually by pressig quickly "E" but you certainly know it. (Liewec123 just told it.)
    Even if it's mainly useful for short range because of low velocity/high drop.
    Did you tried the striker since the last nerf? It's only strong against libbies, otherwise it's terrible against every decent pilots and is certainly the launcher with the least potential and most drawbacks (flares/smoke, breaking LOS, outrun rockets, damages over time). Didn't you noticed that almost all TR swiched back to the grounder or the SKEP launcher?
    The phoenix is actually more useful. The lancer is certainly the best launcher in good hands.

Those are good suggestions. (especially the 2nd and the 3rd ones).
  16. Goretzu

So it doesn't have the splash damge, the splash range or the direct damage to infanty, MAXs and Gal. Which again is hardly an upgraded Decimator.

But what we have now is a weapon that has a very short range (effectively ~290m at best), very, very, very low DPS, which to use requires you to stand (not crouch, as you automatically stand) completely AFK for the duration of the flight.

So what would you suggest is buffed? :confused:

This doesn't work in most contexts (as anyone that uses the Pheonix a lot would know), it's not just the low velocity and high drop that is the problem (although that, of course, too), but that by the time you move out, fire, "e", then can start moving again you'll be dead to any direct fire, unlike any dumbfire weapon in the same situation (this is made worse by netcode, of course).

If, for example, you trying this against a decent ESF pilot you'll be dead and he'll be fine - no question, it is that simple (same with a tank, harrasser or MAX).

I think people just got used to the ridculous power of the old Striker which was literally just a much more powerful Annihilator.
    It's still generally much more useful than the Pheonix, it's just not as powerful as it was for 6 months.

I mean take your Striker disadvantages, with half of them the Pheonix fairs much worse than the Striker. o_O
  17. dragonwinds

Ah, the good'ol phoenix. Its my number 1 weapon on my cobalt account. :eek:

But you can jump out of the missile with your "Exit air vehicle key"
  18. johnway

I would use the phoenix more often but the poblem is that i don't see many people using it so individually i see little reason to own one. The only times i do use it is when i'm trialing it and i'm just there to harrass people. Partly because i can't shoot at anything and/or i want to be devilish and annoy the enemy. Like standing around a corner and guiding it out of the doorway into the enemy.

But i was on woodman a couple of days ago to test OMFG update in my test account and i swear i saw just a rain of phoenix whisling past and smashing int the turrets. Made me very nervous as it looked like we couldn't hit back at all.
  19. Bill Hicks

The jackhammer needs to be reverted back. It was a sweet midrange murder machine.
  20. Pikachu

I like the tripple shot but agree that it was a nice shotgun with noticeably small spread that could kill from further away than expected.