NC Weapons

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kingofthesky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. IntergalacticYoghurt

The added bullet velocity of the SAW S means you can add soft point without worrying about dropping to awful bullet velocity speeds.
    How good SPA is is currently under debate.. But I think the weapon is much closer in power to the EM6 than people give it credit for. As an iron sight guy, I prefer it.
  2. Cookiepiledriver

SPA is a complete waste on a long-range weapon. It is inferior to the EM6 for short-mid range, since it has a slower RoF, yet it has significantly more recoil per shot AND on the first shot modifier.

For leading targets at significantly long ranges, it is definitely the best in the NC faction given it has the greatest bullet velocity, but in practice when you're talking about a difference in 40 m/s when you're already at 570+ for any given NC weapon, I don't think it's worth it.

Of course the additional firing mode is nice, but it seems like every other weapon has it other than the default NC6 (my memory could be failing me about the EM6, but I could have sworn it had the two additional firing modes burst and single).
  3. IntergalacticYoghurt

Although, full disclosure, the EM6 is the only NC I don't own and have fully certed out.

But stock, they feel incredibly similar. The attachments are almost identical. It's the minor ROF discrepancy, SPA and bullet velocity that differentiate these weapons.
  4. PyroPaul

Of the LMG's i've gotten, tested, and used...

NC6 Gauss SAW: This weapon initially sucks due to its slower rate of fire and because it kicks like a mule once you start putting rounds down range. However, what makes this gun shine above most others is the attachments this weapon can get. With High Velocity Ammo, Advanced Fore Grip, and a Compensator (all things no other starter lmg gets) this gun is beast on the field.

GD-22s: This gun, to be perfectly honest, should of been the NC Starting LMG. It has next to no real usable attachments and is only really considerable to be on an even keel with the other factions Starting LMGs. While initially this weapon gives you a pretty good feel on control, rate of fire, and reload it doesn't really compare to the SAW with attachments added on.

NC6 Gauss SAW S: This is effectively an inbetween the NC6 and The other factions Starting LMGs. Having all of the attachments of the SAW, but having the better rate of fire and reload then the GD-22s. If you want a faster firing LMG, then skip the GD-22s and get this gun instead. It has pretty good utility in close-to-medium range fire fights and won't leave you high and dry when you have to reload.

EM1: This is more of a suppression/saturation fire weapon then anything else. You can put a LOT of bullets down range in a rather short period of time compared to the other LMGs. While this does perform best in close combat, you can do pretty long bursts at medium-to-long ranges with a marginal degree of accuracy. Not enough damage to really kill people though but more then enough to pop peoples shields and keep them hiding behind cover. Expect to get more 'assists' then 'kills'

Gun i like the most?
    NC6 SAW.

All of the attachments make this thing pretty deadly.
    Though the fire rate tends to be enraging at times, it can be overlooked by the amount of killing power it has.
  5. IntergalacticYoghurt

Then we differ on what LMG's should be used for. I'll long range in a pinch, but mid range is what matters in PS2 for the majority.

To me, any bullet velocity over 550 feels fine. SPA increases mid range damage, extends the distance that you need one less bullet to kill, but you lose a bit of velocity. If the penalty is less than 65 (SAW S starts with 615), then frankly, I think it's a great trade.

A dev clarified this. SPA helps in mid range. MY opinion, is that LMG's shine in mid range. Seems like a perfect gun to make use of SPA.

Oh and yeah, the EM6 has an extra fire mode: 3 shot burst. Though I think single shot and auto are the most important, and I hate thinking I'm on auto when I'm on burst. Though that's just user error :)
  6. Cookiepiledriver

Do you have a link to that claim about SPA ? Every source claims it increases the maximum damage range by 10 meters, but increases the minimum significantly, so that damage drops off HEAVILY in mid-range, contrary to what you claim.
  7. IntergalacticYoghurt

Sure thing:

Thoughts of the new cyclone smg

I admit, it's still ambiguous.. though I'd prefer to take the word of a weapons balance developer (according to an interview I read) than some random spreadsheet.

Might end up with pie on my face.
  8. IntergalacticYoghurt

9. Kymu

I see a lot of ppls saying this and that, it seems no one here noticed all the changes made last week by the Devs on the Gauss Saw and other NC LMG.

For first, in the 05 hotfix, we had the recoil back to the prehistoric age, and that was so goddam awfull, then on the 07 patch it went back to normal and we were safe yay back for the killing, but then came the 08 patch, nearly same recoil as the normal, but you could find that u wontmakes the same kill as usual.. so what happened?

We can actually see that ( wait only expert on the gauss saw will know what i speak about), we wont need anymroe of 1 controlled burst to kill, but 2 to 3 now, and that the recoil between burst 1 and 2 is not the same as ever as it will stay a bit more hither than usual so that will kill ure timing, and the more u do ure urst , more u ll see that.
    Second big point, the bullet spray gone wider, i mean ok now u need more control on the timing of the burst, but what killed the gauss saw is THAT, no epert of the Gauss SAW cant tell me that since 08 patch, the bullet spray not wider, that thing is the ********, now with the little more recoil, u nearly got super damaged on 1v1 or u get dead, or ppls KS u, so since 08 patch the gauss Saw is not the rewarding gun it was before ( damn damn damn). Gauss Saw Setup: forward grip, compensator, HV NV ( yea all the other wont make u feel the good bullet spray of the weapon thats how i noticed the changes)

Now i will speak about the EM6, This gunhad always a big recoil going on, it was not possible to really control it for mid long range, as it was less powerfull than the gauss saw and the Highter rate of Fire would make u do really little controlled burst with it, well that was before 08 patch, since 08 patch, it had become the best the saw was before, it really simple now as a NC u got a LMG with decent damage,100 bullets mag, witth really good Rate of fire, now with the forward grip and compensator, u only get vertical recoil when u full for a long time, so its really easy to compensate, sou can even mid long range and full with it and actual kill ppl really easily AND the bullet spray got better, i mean it hasnt had this before hands, it was wider, not all ure bullets goes to ure target, and mb 2 3 bullet in all ue full will miss the target, i mean thats crazy, on a 100 mag, only few bullets will strays from it target, imagine how it is at mid long range, devastating. EM6 set up: forward grip, compensator, HV bullets, HV NV or x1.

Well thats all i can say to you guyz, i got the auraxi medal with both medal super fast, less than 2 dayz of gaming for both, im a bit disgusted because killing on the Gauss Saw was nearly yhe only thing that made me enjoy playing PS2 more than 2 hours traight, because u really needed skill to manage it and was really rewarding, but eh, i guess the Devs wanted us to use more SC because they saw the starter NC HA was somewhat prefered by most HA of the NC faction.

Wanted to point out too that i discused a lot with ppls in my outfit and every Most played HA were agreeing with me, + someone yesterday said that the Anchor too got a bit nerfed over the bullet spray, but that we didnt dsicussed well so i wont say much more bout that, it was just lol to see that no one in this post never actually saw all the changes that happened last week.
    I hope this will enligthen you guyz, and do ure test, ull see what i writted is right
  10. Zaik

Saw at long range, anchor at medium range, and Jackhammer close.
  11. Xiander

I haven't noticed really any difference in LMGs after the patch, only thing is that sometimes hit's aren't registering but i've talked with few TR and they have had same thing, which it's bit more devastate for NC since RoF it's alot slower than the TR ones. But i haven't seen this issue really that often after all the hotfixes.

And about the EM6.. i'm SAW player most of the time (EM1 for cqc) and i've tried the EM6 just so that i can get the aurax medal for it (~500 kills left) and so far i would have preferred the SAW instead the EM6, there was so many situation where target managed to run cover with so tiny amount HP left. And this is after the patch, so i must say if there is difference after the patch, i'm not seeing it.
  12. Cookiepiledriver

Thanks. At least any pie you'll get will be unintended.
  13. Stncold

EM6 mid-range/general all-purpose. Carry it around most of my time as HA.

JH for CQC.

If I'm in a long range situation I usually just switch to Inf if I can help it.
  14. Artelias

Mid to long range: NC6 Gauss SAW (Very hard to control at the beginning but after adding a compensator and adv. forward grip it's a beast)
    Short range: I honestly never play HA at short range. I mean why trying if other factions have an advantage? Better get your MAX out and be the one with an advantage ;)

PS2 is a game where all empire have their own advantages that you have to press if you want to win.
    Use the good tool for the good job and you will be a killing machine.
    • Up x 1
  15. Syranorn

Before GU2+hotfix, the EM6 was my favorite NC LMG. But now, impossible to kill. Actually I have the same problem with the SVA-88 on my VS toon (aurax medal before GU2+hotfix). On my TR it's the opposite, never managed to handle the carv before GU2+hotfix and now aurax medal. I know the numbers from the google doc are still the same but something changed.

So now i'm using my dusty GD22-S (insane accuracy, I love that). How is the anchor compared to the GD22-S ?
  16. ladiesop

The first shot recoil is huge in comparison, but after that it's like the GD22S with a higher rate of fire.

It misses out on the 2x scope but can take Soft Point ammo and the Advanced Laser, so short->medium is stronger.
  17. Messaiga

Loving the Em6 man. Fully certed with Compensator, Foreward Grip, 2x Reflex, and HV ammo, it is a great all round LMG. Although in Cqc I have liked the jackhammer lately, not sure why though.
  18. pnkdth

NC6 SAW. There are many like it, but this is mine. My SAW is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it, as I must master my life. Without me my SAW is useless. Without my SAW I am useless. I must fire my rifle true, I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. etc etc etc
    • Up x 1
  19. Kymu

TRUUEE WORDDDSSSSS, i feel the same