NC Weapons

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kingofthesky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. FilthWizard

I told you I was gonna start a flame war.

I agree with you Cookie. The numbers say it's a good gun, and it is a decent long range LMG. The column missing from your spreadsheet is how often you are in circumstances where a long range LMG is what you need to win, and how often you can actually put the bullets into the target.

Real gameplay says it's not a good gun.

It has pinpoint accuracy while stationary and on the first shot. It also has an abysmal rate of fire, cone of fire, and significant recoil even after the foregrip/comp additions.

So some questions I have to ask myself when choosing this gun vs another gun are:

1.How often am I stationary?

2.How often do I get the first shot?

3. Given the ROF/Accuracy/COF after the first shot can I put more into the guy before he reaches cover?

Here is what my experience has shown me.

It's ROF being so low means that my opponent can get to cover often before I finish him. It means that if he is moving horizontally I am less likely to put the multiple bullets into him required for a kill. It's a familiar problem for snipers, a horizontally moving target is stupidly hard to kill with a low ROF weapon.

The huge cone of fire means that even if my opponent is moving directly toward or away from me, I may miss everything past the third shot if he's at range. Having to stop and reset for accuracy means he's already behind cover, or worse.

The low rate of fire means that I lose at short range without headshots, and since I'm an average player (my accuracy with most rifles hovers between 25 and 30%) I can't rely on headshots to win me these fights.

It's overly specialized for long ranges, and an LMG that is specialized in long ranges but has a terrible time staying on target after the first shot is better replaced by a sniper rifle.

Now ignore everything I've said and play with whatever you like because nobody wins these fights.
    • Up x 1
  2. HMR85

I use different guns for different situations. I would probably say I use the EM6 the most. I prefer it the most for open field fighting. If I am going indoors for CQC I'm either using the new SMG or jackhammer. Like I said it just depends on the situation on the ground.
  3. MurderBunneh

EM6 is our highest dps lmg.
  4. Cookiepiledriver

Don't forget about the Anchor...
  5. Cookiepiledriver

See that stuff you just posted?

Take everything and give it a higher TTK.

Now you're forced to not only shoot perfectly, but have some kind of advantage over your opponent, since his weapons shoot as accurately as yours and have lower TTKs.

That's every other gun in the NCs arsenal that isn't the NC6 Gauss SAW.

At least with the NC6 you have A CHANCE IF you play perfectly, with the other weapons you're ******... even in the BEST case.

The GD-22S loses everywhere to the Orion, CARV-9, MSW-R etc.

The NC6 Gauss SAW beats the aforementioned at longer ranges and has a snowballs chance in hell in CQC .. which is higher than the GD-22S' anywhere by a long shot.

I don't think the NC6 is a godsend, but it's the best LMG an NC can have.... and I'd trade it for an MSW-R, CARV-9, or Orion.
    • Up x 1
  6. Bankrotas

Honestly, Gd 22 taught me how to use NC guns all round, basic one scared the hell out of me for some time (till br 20 or so)
    Gauss saw is nice and customizeable more than GD, but somewhat feels strange some times to use it.
    Also sporting a Piston, cause Jackhammer feels like a bad gun still.
  7. ladiesop

If my calculations are correct, if you factor in 1 point of nanoweave, the Gauss SAW has equal TTK to the EM6 up close and slightly worse at range. The faster RoF do comparatively better until max nanoweave too (favouring the Carv and Orion type weapons).
  8. Landser

The NC6 has the largest COF of the NC's LMG's. This kills it's accuracy at range for me and forget about moving targets. If I find myself tapping pot shots or small bursts at long range with my SAW why not simply pull an infiltrator or battle rifle which does the job better? Also due to the flinch mechanic you're low ROF will lose a lot of encounters for you. It doesn't matter how hard the gun hits if you don't hit. Bad COF plus flinch mechanic = you lose.

If you play aggressive and are constantly moving and switching from hipfire to ADS at all ranges then I highly recommend the Anchor with adv laser sight. If you really can't give up that 100 round mag then stick to the EM6, but the EM6 has a slightly worse bloom when ADSing and strafing back and forth...at least it feels that way to me.
  9. Deschain

Nc6 tricket out with Adv grip-compensator-HVA-2xReflex for medium-long
    Anchor tricketout with Adv Laser-SPA-2xreflex close range
    Adrenelin shield-Flak Armour-2x Medpack
  10. hostilechild

My take after playing HA for 42lvls.
    Gauss Saw, good gun sucks at hipfire, ok close really starts to shine >50m
    EM6, great gun, ok at hipfire in a pinch, ok close, shines 15-50m, still good post 50m
    GD-22 really good hipfire, really good <20m, ok 20-75, sucks > 75m

I have auraxium medal on EM6, gold on other 2. I almost never use my GD-22 after they removed the foregrip making it suck at range. Now i use Jackhammer since last patch when i expect fights to be <20m and EM6 general purpose. (now that we are in the north i have broke out the GaussSaw more often while the enemy advances from a distance.
  11. Prodigal

Your information is totally wrong. VS have less horizontal recoil, but the recoil/cof is not as good as for TR weaons - plus our bullets are slower and our damage reduces over distance - and the best thing is, VS weapons do almost half or less than half the damage of NC weapons.
  12. Frosty The Pyro

yeah, no.

The saw does 200 damager per shot, the EM1 is 143 other NC are 167. VS are 143 or 167, even with the aditional fall off of VS at long range the NC weapons are no where near twice the damage, and the higher damage weapons have lower fire rates to compensate. I am sure NC would LOVE to have LMG's, carbines, and AR's that do 286 and 334 damage per shot, but you are very wrong, they dont have them.
    • Up x 1
  13. Croak

Hell, I'd be happy with 143 damage per shot at 750 RPM.
    • Up x 1
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

Sweet Baby Jesus, a 334 damage weapon could 2 shot you if one of the hits was a headshot.... that's basically the damage on semi snipers.
  15. Barana

I usually go the opposite of what people say. I like the NC6 for close-range fights, as I can usually get the first shot in. The EM6 I swap to for long range because of the tiny and predictable recoil pattern. I haven't touched the GD as the recoil bounce from the first shot almost always throws off my aim.

Best part is, since I'm so used to the jumpy recoil of the SAW, when I use other factions' LMGs, they seem to have no recoil whatsoever. I've even found myself overcompensating sometimes and dragging my aim into my target's feet.

As for the Jackhammer, I wouldn't get it just yet. It's definitely better than what it was previously, but it's still outperformed by the Piston in almost every way. I doubt it'll be good until they make the tripshot work (firing 3 shells nearly simultaneously), rather than the useless 3 round burst that is still slower than just single-shot clicking.
  16. Lawman

What I think about NC LMGs:

1) ADS when using them. Hipfire with them only in emergencies. If you know you're going to be fighting in hipfire range, a shotgun (or maybe SMG; I haven't tried them yet) is going to be more effective.
    2) Scope magnification above the x2 Reflex is suboptimal. It blocks too much of your peripheral vision and inhibits you from suppressing multiple targets effectively.
    3) The EM1 and Anchor have no effective use. The Anchor is actually ok in the 15-25 m range as a hipfire weapon, but closer than that a shotgun would be better and longer than that the SAW, EM6, and SAW S are better ADS. Given the Anchor's limitations, I'd rather just use the higher magazine capacity, 167+ damage LMGs with a 1x reflex scope for "mid to close" range encounters.

I'd also mention that no one ever talks about the SAW S. I understand the conventional thinking about why the EM6 or SAW are superior. At least with respect to the EM6, however, the SAW S beats it in one weapon characteristic: bullet velocity. That alone makes it feel like a more capable, deadly gun to me than the EM6.
    • Up x 1
  17. Cookiepiledriver

SAW S is strictly very long range. It has a higher TTK than the NC6 SAW and only marginally better recoil and bullet velocity like you mentioned.

At mid-range it's inferior to the default SAW and the EM6. The one thing the EM6 has going for it, is that it is a versatile weapon:

The recoil is manageable enough to include HVA if you so desire without the deadly kick and if you put on a laser sight instead of a forward grip, you even have some capacity to hip-fire and do something in CQC due to the faster RoF and DPS.

The SAW S seems like a waste of money, because it's a side-grade to an already situational weapon and one with heavy tradeoffs.
  18. Swoll

EM6 - extended mag, flash suppressor, NV scope.

(Nanweave 5/adrenaline 5)

Have fun murdering
  19. Bhudda V1

THANK YOU! no one puts the extended mag on the em6 for some strange reason. the recoil doesn't feel as bad as a nc6 with the comp grip and such to me at least. it feels like a waste to not put the extended mag on the em6 giving it's hosing power more rounds to play with seems insane to me not to, with the compensator, extended mag and the 2x reflex you have a bullet hose straight out of a tr factory stolen by the nc modified a bit and given a blue paint job. i only have the gd-22s and the nc6 and the second i got the em6 i spent the next 15 minutes shooting the walls of the warp gate in any way i could think of, the gd-22s is a piece of junk in comparison to the em6 it's sad and the nc6 is so specialized it's ridiculous medium to long range it's good but the second that fight is over what are you going to do now if you go into anything closer than 50m you going to get Fed by the flinch mechanic not to mention you have to burst as to do any kind of ADS in closer combat and the gd-22s has so much recoil it's nuts it's a 50 slow firing ar why all the pain devs, i got the grip on it and i can only keep up with the other factions weapons somewhat, but with the em6 i can see what i look like trying to shoot them flinching all over the place hitting all the junk around me as i dump rounds into them. usually takes me 12ish rounds to kill but honestly with a 200 round mag and faster reload i can dump rounds through a doorway and control corridors for a lot long than my gd-22s or the nc6 for that matter. well that was therapeutic disregard the rage at the gd-22s for the most part but seriously if you want a gun to hose down tr with their own tactic once in a while grab the em6 with the extended mag it's great fun and honestly a very controllable good gun especially coming from the nc6.
  20. Prodigal

No, 1000 times no. I've played TR quite some time and watched plenty of TR streams, and theres no way you can say that VS have the better CoF. I WISH we had the CoF or TR weapons, for it is said that precision would be the VS feature. But it's not. TR precision is far beyond ours. Try it out, you'll be surprised.