[NC] =VX9= Is Recruiting!

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by GreenEyed=VX9=, Dec 8, 2012.

1. KILLFACE

Ya we're well organized too man, got very clearly defined command structures and a well researched SOP Manual, gonna have to work through the pain of in game comms and start running more open squads though so we can recruit though, 99% of the time we keep to ourselves in closed squads cause Zerglings slow us down more than help us, need the extra numbers now we got our **** organized and figured out though, went through a lot of growing pains figuring out what does and doesn't work but starting to get a bit of polish on things now, finally got a bunch of guys to help me out off field too so I can focus more on development and education rather than maintenance. I'm not overly fussed about Alliances and whatnot, but if it makes us better on the field its worth a look I suppose though I really reckon we should get the basics right before we worry about the advanced stuff, gotta walk before you can run. I'm more interested in getting stuff done than going 'look at me I'm doing stuff' but if its a means to an end so be it. I reckon main thing we need to do is use /leader and /orders more so we can coordinate on field better and don't have 2/3 of the faction in one area and the rest of the line relatively undefended. ****** pisses me off when ya see 100 Zerglings rushing the one entrance of a Amp Station for half an hour and won't listen when your going 'OI, ****ERS, there is 3 other entrances and they are nearly undefended' and they keep banging their head against a ******* brick wall, we really gotta work to curb that **** man.
  2. Jrv

Our focus is combat, not meta game. I'm really not too worried about zergling behavior, it's none of my concern. What I try to encourage in our leaders is focusing on "how to do it" rather than "how to get there." So many outfits and squads just play the herding game and don't go any deeper than that. We focus on the squad, much like you would in ARMA, by supporting each other in the field, and it makes us very effective man for man. Therefore, our teamspeak isn't filled with "go here, now here, now go here," it's "enemies that way," "spotting tanks over the ridge," "I need ammo/medic/support," "we've got a man down you, you, and you go, you, you, and you stay here and guard our position." Stuff like that. And to be honest, while I'm not speaking about any outfits specifically, most public squads I've joined aren't even remotely as organized as ours as far as actual combat-relevant communication goes. I wish you guys the best of luck with the zerg herding, but we'd rather not be herded ourselves. We're concerned with having fun and being the best we can be in a fight, and we're pretty good at putting ourselves in relevant fights. We're always open to backing people up or supporting certain areas, you've just got to give a shout-out in command chat.

See you on the field!
    • Up x 1
  3. Excellentz

JRV and =VX9= have some top notch tactics. They are a very tight-knit group and we've been fighting alongside them for a very long time. They have a good structure going there as well as great officers to help guide members. They are always willing to lend a hand from my experience! Fight with you all any time.
    • Up x 1
  4. KILLFACE

Frankly mate, I couldn't care less about the meta game, just give me something to shoot and I'm a happy man, but if its gotta be done its gotta be done, and if all I gotta do is yell at people occasionally to mean that I actually get some decent support from other Outfits or even Zerglings then I may as well spend a bit of time to educate or at least coordinate.

We did originally focus on Squad Level stuff but lately we've been working on another system and have another ready to implement when the time is right (though I'm not gonna go into the details of it here as I'm sure you can understand. ;))

And don't worry I know what you mean in regards to communication, I teach my Officers one on one because every man is different and needs different lessons (though now I've got other guys that I'll trust with teaching which is very handy) and instilling the proper communication abilities and thought processes can be a real pain in the ***, once ya get the basics down pat though they can near teach themselves the rest of it (through experience of course).

At the very least if your not interested in Zerg Herding and getting them in the right habits then adopting a 'do as I do' attitude in regards to this stuff would go a long way to helping out, if your lads are going 'ok we're here pushing to reinforce here' or going 'yo can I get a sitrep on this location' and stuff like that then others will be more likely to join in.

And yeah count on it man, you'll find us either "at the front of an advance or exposed at the far edge of the line" and kicking ***.
  5. Jrv

BUMP'N
  6. Jrv

Shameless bump!
  7. Carmm

Come join us!
  8. kindbudvx9

Come on by VX9.com and see what you have been missing.