[NC] Tactical Gaming [TG]TacticalGaming.net - Teamwork, Tactics, Respect, & 2000+ Members

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by TGxTwisted, Dec 6, 2012.

1. TGxTwisted

We are looking for mature, respectful players for both of our Europe and North America Battalions. So if you're looking for a clan/community check us out!! TG was created in November 2004 to bring together like-minded gamers from around the globe and from multiple platforms, to provide them a Head Quarters (our web site) where they can share their backgrounds, experience, and interests in teamwork and tactics. With our Warfare and Sports franchises, we have over 2000+ active members. If you like what you see and wish to become a member, simply visit our site and register at www.TacticalGaming.net, put me (Twisted) down as a reference.

Head Quarters: http://www.TacticalGaming.net
    About us: http://www.tghq.org/tghq/homepage.php
    Why join us: http://tghq.org/tghq/jointg.php

If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask.

And if you register, please reply here stating you have done so.

Thanks,
    Twisted
  2. TGxVodka

No-one interested in a serious, organized outfit?
  3. SAWHAMMER

I used to run Tactical-FPS.COM for years... ( Now I run Tactical-ATS.com (Airsoft related)) I may be interested. But I've really yet to see the NC as whole get their act together. They tend to get stomped on a lot due to foolish actions and spreading themselves too thin. They cap and run off and never defend anything. But we all know the game doesn't really reward that as it should.

When do you gather to play so I can look into your outfit?
  4. Craig1287

We are on at 8pm EST on Sun and Wed each week and are also on Mon and Fri at the same time. So we will be on tonight. Add TGxCraig1287 and I can invite you to the squad if your on at those times.
  5. TGxOgrover08

We are usually 2 squads full or more and still hold our own against TR and VS. Yes NC has its warpgate sitters but TG is out pushing the front ;)
  6. TGxGriff

I would recommend this clan for anyone out there, great community all around. We get on and play and just have a fun time, the comms are clear, and we can truck some people even with just a platoon. Anyone looking for an outfit AT LEAST check us out.
  7. TGxVodka

Definitely! In my honest opinion, if you don't check us out, you are missing out! So come give us a try, see if you like it! :)
  8. TGxOgrover08

We will be on Tonight for one of our regular playings. 8 EST to 10 EST. hit us up in game tonight and we will get you in to see what its like with us.
  9. TGxOgrover08

Thanks to any if you showed up tonight from here. We will be at it again tom (Monday 1/7/13) same time
  10. TGxTwisted

Our main practices on this server is Sundays and Wednesdays from 8-10PM Eastern. We also have a good group on Mondays and Fridays at the same time.

It's kind of funny that you say this about defending. Yesterday, on Esamir we were getting pushed around by the 65% TR population and were losing the map quickly. We decided to hold our last stand at the only place we could which was the Andvari Bio Lab. So we got all the turrets up around it (of course the last time it was taken no one repaired anything) and held them off for awhile until the population over took us; however, by us holding there other NC took the Northern Weigh Station back and I don't think the TR actually took it over until our practice was over at ten.

The other really nice thing about TG is that we have a dedicated Teamspeak 3 server so that there is never any communication problems. Which is why if you run with us you may not hear everything that we say. We do repeat important callouts over Platoon chat though.
  11. TheBattleMuffin

I'm just going to post this quick review of TG here so people don't make mistakes.

I played for TG's BF3 Division on Xbox360 for a good amount of time.

On the gameplay side, TG is very professional and disciplined...if you are into millitary simulation then this might be the clan for you...

On the social side however, TG takes the millitary simulation part too far. If you are someone that works their *** off during the day, and doesn't want over-arrogant 16 year olds telling you what to do because of a virtual rank, then this might not be the clan for you.

They aren't much for fun in the game and spend alot of time drilling (which is useless in a game that has no clan match server hosting).
  12. TGxVodka

Thanks for your reply Muffin.

I'd like to comment on this last bit here as I am the one in charge of our Planetside division. In games like Battlefield and Call of Duty, where we regularly have teams that are ranked among the top teams worldwide, it is common and natural to run through practice drills that work. Recent achievements are a 20th place in the Summer GB ladders in Call of Duty and a 4th place for one of our teams on the FraggedNation fall ladder for BF3 on the PS3. However, in TG, you are only as competitive as you would like, and just like we have very competitive teams, we have more casual teams that meet up a couple of times a week to play and have fun.

So in a game like Planetside, our focus is not solely on practice drills, but also on having fun. You can ask any of our squad leaders and they will tell you that their priority is to ensure everyone has fun. And to add to your comment about over-arrogant 16-year olds, our staff within Planetside is between 46 and 18 years old, so I, naturally, do not recognise your take on things.

On a last note, how are you actually able to comment on how we work in Planetside having never been with us?
  13. TheBattleMuffin

Because unless I'm mistaken, all TG divisions/battalions are run by the same rules and regs (bootcamp is bassicaly the same for all TW divisions).
  14. TGxVodka

Our regulations do not state members are not allowed to have fun, neither does it say that our members must rigorously go through practice drills every time they are at practice. Rather, the the squads apply what is written in a document we call the Squad Training Manual, or STM. The STM contains easily learnable stuff to help new players as they join our division, and each STM is based on the game it is made for.

Boot camp is designed to give you an early look into our structure and how we work and organise, and as with the rules, the boot camp does not state you cannot have fun or that you must go through tiring practice drills all the time.
  15. TG HellHound

Thanks for the Bump muffin.

At the end of the day TG is not for everyone, but with over 2000 members we can say that we suit the majority. We like to have a military based rank structure as it helps with the management of all these members. The "drill" you are talking about is learning standard strategies and tactics that we use to make us better gamers. Yeah it is a less fun part of training but it is essential to make sure that everyone is on the same level of training.

Planetside division is currently, and is going to be a balance between both the military tactics and the fun of the game. With Planetside 2 being as tactical as it is we will be making the best use of the tactical strategies, call outs and formations we have developed over 8 years in TG. The fun we have in game however will not change as we are all about friendship and having a good time.

TG is for the tactical gamer that wants to do well in game with like minded tactical players. This does not mean we don't have fun, and just jumping into our Teamspeak will prove that :D In regards to your point about SS being appointed because they play forever and don't have to go to work this is absolutely not the case. In my 1 and a half years in TG I have seen CoC positions been given to a wide range of varying people from the 16 year old's that arguably do have more time to play and are thus active, to people who work full time 9-5 jobs, but when they do play are dedicated and passionate about the game and their squad/batt/division.

An absolute casing point is NetSlayer the XO (Executive Officer) of Planetside division. He was appointed to this position after 1 month or so of being in TG and it was because he was knowledgeable about the game, had passion for TG and put so much work in (to the point he built us a flash scenario designer) that he deserved the position. In TG ranks are earned and therefore should be respected, regardless of the age of the member or their experience within TG. Some people can handle that and others can't, it's simple.
  16. TGxVodka

Still looking for more awesome gamers out there interested in an organized and tactical outfit! Check us out, if you're not in an outfit, you are missing out!
  17. TGxOgrover08

As a squad leader, America's entry squad to be exact, i feel our practices are more fun then drilling. yes we use tactics but in a massive game like this you have to since obtaining hex's is the goal and you have to cut off supplies to do so sometimes. Example of a past practice. Indar in always VS pushed up on the warpgate. so we cut over to their gate and sat behind it and took them on until the mag zerg came. the entire TS channel was laughter and trying to hold off which we did for 2 hours. I am 23 so no 16 yr old yelling here and my assisstant is older then me. Another example, we found Drop the Brit and TB was among them so we followed them when they were taking on VS (finally) and trolled his group for laughs.

I would be glade to talk to anyone and have them experience what we do within our own group. we are 100% different then CoD, BF3 and all other divisions.
  18. TGxNihilum

Idk what muffin was on about. How the squad is run falls on the SL - all of which are good for planetside without a doubt. Great group to be a part of for any game. Especially planetside division.

This comes from a year in TG's old Wolfpack (bf3) and months now in Helium (ps).
  19. TGxVodka

Our North American squads are going to be practicing on Wednesday evening too, add some of the guys and come see us ingame, check us out!
  20. TGxTwisted

Radix,
    Thanks for the bump, but please keep your childish games and comments to yourself.

Muffin,
    It's too bad, it sounds like you had a terrible SS. You should've jumped CoC or asked for a transfer. I am the Commanding Officer of our 1st BTN and I can guarantee that none of that would happen in our Division. Yes we run tactically and yes we don't like to lose, but this is a GAME and should be PLAYED to have FUN!!

Thanks,
    Twisted