NC SAW usable now or just forum noise?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by jdono67894, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Dingus148

Which one? The CARV is kind of junk and the TMG tends to get outclassed at its key range.

That being said, I'm quite a fan of the MSW with foregrip and 3.4 holo. Surprisingly effective. That being said, I would LOVE me a SAW. I find it's very useful in small-scale (2/3 squad) operations.
  2. lilleAllan

lower ttk, better accuracy while moving, highter ROF, less bloom.

Maybe you or the fabled "anyone who stops to think about it" should keep your bias in line. The extremely low accuracy is a killer to a weapon, that needs every shot to connect - there's no leeway since the ROF is so slow on the SAW.

I play with SAW, as well as the CARV on my TR alt. While I love the SAW at range, I'd never use it above the CARV in cqc and neither would anyone who wasn't obviously biased, really.
  3. Pikachu

Any terran lmg. I guess most use the default one. It's like *papapapapappapa* and I think "ouch that thing has so high damage and how can he possibly hit me from that far away?".
  4. Dingus148

Almost noone I know uses the default one. It's actually kind of horrible to use. I never liked it even back at release. The TMG is our most "NC" weapon, so you're probably getting hit by that at range. Or maybe it's the T16...a mate of mine swears by it, but I can't personally vouch for its effectiveness. Apparently it's reaaaal nice at med-long range
  5. LeBigJimbo

So you have never played with it then? :rolleyes:

Personal preference for a worse gun? Well son, that just makes you....
  6. Bankrotas

Who says I do prefer that? I do like NC guns more only for one reason, they sound like guns, not pea shooters TR have or water pistols VS have.
  7. MykeMichail

Well sometimes it pulls a little to the left. Sometimes it pulls a little to the right. Sometimes it pulls directly up. Sometimes it pulls ridiculously hard to one side or the other. Sometimes it pulls slightly to one side then suddenly back to the other. This is the complete opposite of "predictable".

People try to claim that its 'more predictable' than a gun like the T9-Carv. What they don't realise, is that in the time it takes for the NC6 to fire a 4 round burst, the T9 has fired 6. The NC6 has done 800 damage, and the T9 has done 858.

I find it much easier to keep rounds on target with with the EM6, and easier against with the T9, yet the T9 will absolutely destroy either an NC6 or EM6 at short range.

I'm guessing you're one of those players who rolled an NC toon and shot at a wall 20 m away and concluded that the NC6's horizontal recoil is insignificant.
  8. HamOnRye

The posted videos show the gun going straight up while firing. The spreadshows a horizontal recoil of .175 and its the only LMG with access to the Advanced Foregrip (which means the gun is going to go straight up). My experience with the gun (1200 kills to date) is the gun goes straight up.

Maybe you are one of those players who wasn't smart enough to get the Advanced Foregrip. Maybe you are one of the players who went beyond the 2x reflex and has issues with gun dancing around. However for the rest of the gun performs predictable well.
  9. lilleAllan

Going above 2x reflex is the pimpest thing to do.
    The SAW looks way cooler with big optics on it.
    Plus the zoomier optics have cooler names: Tactieye, trueshot.
  10. KnightCole

I would and have. The only "CQC" Range where the NC6 loses for me is Knife Range where the bullets dont seem to register much. But, if you catch pretty much anyone within the confines of a Tower or Amp Station or something and they are not in KNife range, the NC6 and its high dmg will prevail, unless your just a bad shooter.

Also, strafing alot seems to beat the SAW. I lose to players who strafe really well. Past that, the NC6 whips the CARV in pretty much every category besides RoF.

It continues to amaze me when TR and VS shoot at me and the amount of hits I hear hitting me, yet I still usually can escape. Back when I was TR, the NC begin to shoot at me, its over before I can even think...
  11. Casterbridge

Eh for me the Carv out of the box is a nice enough weapon, especially for someone like me, new to FPS games and PS2.
    In fact for someone like me, I'd rate it Orion, Carv, Gauss Saw, again as an introductory weapon with no attachments.

However after a little practice and putting in some certs in the weapons, I'd put the Carv in last place, I agree with the sentiment that it just seems like a weaker version of the Orion at that point. For me personally I'd probably still take the Orion over the Gauss, but that's just cause I like that type of gun more.
  12. MykeMichail

I have 2498 kills with the weapon. Yes, I have an advanced forward grip. I generally use the 3.4x optics, or the 1x reflex or HSNV scope. The scope you use doesn't change the actual performance of the weapon, although it might seem so because high level optics amplify the guns movements.

The gun doesn't go 'straight up'. There's always slight left-right random recoil, as with any weapon. On average, those left and right recoil's balance, but being random, it can pull slightly to one side or the other in any given burst.
  13. TestyVenom

The Gauss Saw for the NC HA is great. No complaints here.
  14. lilleAllan

I love doing the triole tap headshot with the SAW.
    Dudes head peak out from cover - tap tap tap, dead.
  15. Purg

For me, EM6 is a far superior all round weapon. Always has been. I wouldn't call the SAW bad, I still do pretty good with it - I just do better with the EM6.
  16. Purg

The Ursa is actually a lot closer to the EM6 - only a couple of minor changes between them. I was ecstatic when it recently went on sale.
  17. freeze

thx Prodigal for posting the video ;)

cheers man :)
    actually I only picked up the Flare recently.
    I love my Orion, and usually stuck with it, when I wasn't running with a PA.
    • Up x 1
  18. Epic High Five

The Orion is also an underutilized monster and more ranges than people give it credit for. It's definitely in the 7F/Serpent school of mid-range engagements in that it's a "I'M GONNA FILL YOUR ENTIRE WORLD WITH LEAD AND HOPEFULLY ENOUGH HIT TO KILL YOU" weapon at 20-40m. Flare is my personal favorite, but then again I have no idea how you guys deal with all those 143 damage TR peashooters ;)

You already have great presence of the best mid-range targets, usage of cover, and effective bursting so I predict you're going to absolutely dominate with that Flare (whenever you aren't cursing the .5x movement penalty).
  19. Armchair

The saw is plenty usable. Once you heavily upgrade it, it is a great gun.

However, it is NOWHERE near the unstoppable super awesome insta-win machine that whiners will make you believe. There is a vocal faction doing their very best to cry about even imagined instances of the NC being op.

The most hilarious are the ones claiming that stuff like the reaver is OP, despite that fact that it lags behind the other ESF's in pretty much every metric. Just ignore the numbers, some mossie pilot has anecdotal evidence saying that the reaver is the best.