NC SAW usable now or just forum noise?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by jdono67894, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Badname82

And the spreadsheet warriors are already here with their nonsense.

I do not use the EM6. I bated the SAW and got the SAW S and loved it. Got aux quickly. Now my brother convinced me to try it again.

Lilieallen is pretty spot on :

1 the SAW dominates from set positioning. If you can stand still in cover and hit targets as they come into LOS it is very deadly. Deadlier than anything else out of CQC.
    2 if you have to move it Sucks. If you have to hipfire it sucks. If you are in the open shooting long range you get headshot.

When I switched to x2 reflex I got better. It is great in medium range firefights when you can take a position. If I'm mobile the S or the EM1 hands down is better.
    • Up x 1
  2. SooperDog

I just started playing with it recently coming from the EM6 and GD-22S. Dumped the 400+ certs into it and hated everything about it at first. After about 20 minutes I stopped going for headshots only and started aiming at upper mass and it started working for me. I still don't really like it but at least I can stomach it while I go for the 1,000 kills. Ended up using the 2x reflex after trying both 3.4x and IV scopes. The 3.4x scopes felt shaky and too hard to control.
  3. PS2Freak

I hated Saw and was happy as i got EM6.

and no, nobody of other faction can have our TM weapon damage. it is our lore. deal with it please.. or should i wish no bulletdrop or more rof and more bullets for nc saw ?

the grass on nc side always greener!

to answer your question - Yes, it is forum noise. people dreaming of other factions trademark weapon, like.. i wish i had lasher for nc ha, or i wish i had mercys for nc max..
  4. Liberty

I have to laugh every time I see that managing SAW recoil is somehow hard.

This is not a "Good" example of how to manage to recoil but a "First impressions" look. The gun barely moves, if you have trouble with this recoil, God help you any TR LMG. (Not that they are *bad* just more difficult to control at range)
    • Up x 2
  5. Prodigal

• Up x 2
  6. Epic High Five

I can tell this is legit because of all the 40-70m shots that he could easily make with the gun but passes up. I also liked how he immediately played to the SAW's strengths and stuck to middle distances behind cover, and all the times he was forced to do otherwise he got smoked. Impressive all around, I'd say by watching that video (is that you Prodigal?) that he's one of the Vanu that enjoy the Flare style guns. Or if he's REALLY good, the 88.

The thing is, the SAW is beastly if you're a good player, but if you're new or (god help you) you can't get 30+ reliably with your system, it's a tough gun to be good with. It's why the EM6 is still the most used gun for our faction among people who play heavy primarily. Hell, I didn't really use the SAW until the flinch changes and now I'm a monster with it to the tune of 4200 kills.

But then again, I go 3+ now when I use the Gauss Rifle. Just went 19:3 just putzing around with the CARV too and apparently that gun is garbage.
  7. Deathcapt

Gauss Saw is Great for what it does, medium range combat, it's bad at long combat, and trash at close. Personally, I use the GD-22s at long range, as it's cone of fire bloom is smaller.

The Saw is really good out in the open on esamire, and it sounds awesome.

On the test server, the deploy time of the Gauss Saw is like 2 seconds which is crazy long.
  8. HamOnRye

Really does illustrate the point.

It's the only high damage, low RoF weapon that has the Advanced Foregrip. No horizontal deviation, just straight up on the recoil, which is easy to manage.
    • Up x 1
  9. CptFirelord

Less accurate my ***. It's more accurate than you know. Long range with high velocity it may as well be a sniper rifle. Now on a constructive note, the recoil has never been bad. Cert into the double foregrip, and a compensator. Throw any old scope on it, and it's a killer. I've gone back to the SAW on my NC (used to use the EM6) and it's definetely better. EM6 users should drop it and go back to the best gun in the game.
    • Up x 1
  10. KnightCole

Yes, the Gauss SAW is a very good and powerful weapon. Im sporting 3.58KD and of my 1300 kills, 700+ are the NC6. I have gotten rather good killstreaks with it. Overall its a very, very good gun. Im having a hard time deciding if I wanna upgrade to the EM6 or not. NC6 is just a solid killing machine.

I do not deny its a pita to start with, its suck stock, but if you cert it with comp and afg.....its a awesome.
  11. Prodigal

That's not me, it's freeze.

For my own part, I'm mostly using the Ursa, which is the VS weapon closest to the SAW. The SVA88 didnt convice me yet - but maybe I'll give it a try, just for the fun of it.
  12. Bill Hicks

Ive seen a guy get a kill streak with a knife. Its all about what feels right to you. I have 6000 kills with the gauss saw but I like the Orion better.
  13. LeBigJimbo

You are joking right?
    The SAW hits harder, further, and is more accurate. How the hell did you work out that the Carv is better?!
  14. Bankrotas

Personal preference.
  15. LeBigJimbo

Erm, no. Sorry but you have to give a reason to why because as it stands, your preference is "I like the worse performing gun cause ima going to make life hard for myself".
  16. lilleAllan

Maybe he likes CQC.

There, I solved the great mystery for you.
  17. LeBigJimbo

Derp, or maybe you don't know what figures are. It is not the best for CQC and no one has any reason to say otherwise. It's piss poor accuracy and same mag size makes it worse than the SAW....but I guess you forgot about that bit.
  18. lilleAllan

It is still far better than the SAW in CQC.

So yea, derp.
  19. LeBigJimbo

So you didn't read what I or anyone who actually stops to think about it has written? Why is the Carv the "best" in CQC? Just saying it is does not make it true :rolleyes:
  20. Bankrotas

Again personal preference?