NC LA no reward for skill

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by supernauttt, Mar 19, 2013.

1. supernauttt

This is about only certain guns for the NC LA, i have no problem with the CQC weaponery we have like the GD7F for example...My problem lies in our med-long range guns or our guns that are supposed to be med- long range...I have the merc, compact, and the acx11 fully certed out and my play style i find myself at further ranges flanking our in support positions, and i will fire at an med-long rnage enemy first landing every yes every shot I fire, and im sick of the VS-TR mostly TR i think turn and mow me down with 15-20 bullets, where ive landed only 5 or 6 because of slow ROF and Large recoil, even landing some head shots, i feel like im tickling players with my acxll even tho its supposed to be the highest damage per shot- and also being the highest damage per shot, and some of the highest recoil, it makes ZERO sense to me that it has the bullet velocity of a paintball gun, even with HV ammo...and the merc and compact are similar...I just feel i get ZERO reward for my playstyle where im hitting people all the time and never killing, and one guy can turn and mow me down when ive shot most of my clip and landed most shots on him. not to mention do it with little skill or effort, where im literally focusing so hard to land these few shots

also dont even bother using a scope over 2x as with our recoil its difficult to hit a barn door never mind a moving person at range
  2. supernauttt

It just makes no sense to me as why a long range gun cant kill a long range target at the same speed a close range gun can kill a close range target thats my problem
  3. Parricidium

4. supernauttt

obviously or i wouldnt be landing hits lol
  5. vaxx

So much wrong with this post.

First off the AC-X11 and Merc have faster bullet velocity than the Jag, Lynx, and VX67, and only slighty behind on all others save for the P.O.S. called the T5 AMC.

Second, if you are landing most of your shots, your targets would be dead. With the new flinch mechanic a 200dmg carbine (mind you the ONLY 200dmg carbine in game), will give you an advatage. The Merc at 167dmg should so the same. As you said, you are even landing headshots...it does not take much to down a person.

Thirdy, the recoil of the AC-X11 and Merc are very easy to handle. Mostly vertical, not much horizontal. If you cannot control that you will have a real hard time with the Jag/VX or others like it.

And finally, you have the option to pick your playstyle as NC. Want to play with slow RoF high damage carbines...ok. Want to play with a fast RoF medium damage carbine...ok. You can. TR doesnt have that option.

You are exaggerating. Either you are getting flanked, or are missing alot. If I start shooting with say the AC-X11 first, and my target turns and fires (if they even get that far), they are dead before they can get off a shot or 2, even close to med range. So you either need to try the GD7F (again higher RoF than any TR carbine and tied with VS's Serpent) or an SMG if you want a bullet hose. But complaining about weapons TR doesnt have an equal to, and VS gets 1 carbine (Pulsar C) thats worse than the default Merc, doesnt make your case.
    • Up x 5
  6. supernauttt

first off ive rolled a tr character just to see the difference and with w.e the starter LA gun is i was dropping people soon as i scooped up the gun, the AC may be better with the new flinch mechanics so ill probably try it again soon to see if its any better but its the only option we have for a slightly longer range gun...the statistics dont matter much at all as many people have pointed out its how they play in the actual game, and no tr doesnt need guns like the NC because there guns work just as well at practically any range lol, and alot of VS guns are brutal for long range as well, and being accurate with high ROF guns like most TR and alot of VS guns doesnt matter as if u aim reasonably well u will certainly land headshots as the bullets are so close together when fireing, so any super high ROF gun with low recoil will win 9 times out of 10 vs a slow firing high damage per shot, large recoil gun its simple as that
  7. Slaidd

Just today I finished certing out my X11, have adv. forward grip, compensator and HVA. And although I haven't played very much with it since it's been certed fully, I have been using it all the way to this point for the last week or so. I find that of the carbines, it suits me the best. But I have noticed the gun itself won't do the killing for you. In that, I mean you still have to land more hits, and even some headshots mixed in there, than the other guy. I've never played TR, so maybe some of their carbines are more forgiving, I don't know, but those are my thoughts to this point.

I'll be happy to report back as I'm able to use it more with all the bits and pieces attached.
  8. vaxx

So basically what I assumed (that you dont play TR much), is true. So you really cant back up any of your claims. You have no real time with most TR carbines outside of the VR area. You are generalizing TR and VS guns.

Alot of VS guns are brutal at long rage you say? Please go on. The Pulsar C? What ele? I assume again you dont play VS much either.

So you play NC, and are upset when you get killed by TR/VS and come here to complain about it. You say you get no reward for your "skill", yet it seems you might just need more practice instead of crying about factions weapons. Nothing you have stated has been accurate. Go play other factions with mulitple carbines to at least BR20 then come back.
  9. Paperlamp

I actually like the AC-X11, coming with the advanced forward grip and compensator and HVA make it pretty solid long range and make up for its high recoil.

However, 20 rounds per mag and 120 ammo pool is just weak, the mag size is just harsh when it comes to reload frequency as well as misses, and you burn through your ammo pool way too fast. I understand they're trying to balance the higher damage per bullet, but it makes the gun pretty much unusable for me. With 30 rounds per mag and an ammo pool of 150 this gun might be a competitive carbine that actually fits the NC theme(unlike GD-7F).
  10. Ghoest

If you cant control the recoil scopedbut you can with a 1x scope -
    the you have the scoped movt speed set to high for you magnification.
    • Up x 2
  11. Anonynonymous

Agreed, should've been 25 per mag instead of 20.
  12. vaxx

It does chew through ammo, but for being the only 200dmg carbine, I can understand why. I got by ok when it was 100 rounds. At least you have an extra clip now.
  13. Iridar51

Your problem is that you expect LA's long range weaponry to be effective at long range. It's not. Precision means nothing in LA world. Our carbines just don't cut it post certain distance. You can't be sniper LA because your gun will never deal enough damage to kill your enemy. And with ACX, you severely **** yourself, you have to aim carefully. TR don't have to, and they can abuse their 40 bullet mags and superior DPS.

2X Reflex is preferable to all carbines for that reason. Also, at any range, it should take you 7 body hits (8 with nano 1) to kill someone, so I don't understand how can enemy survive "when ive shot most of my clip and landed most shots on him". Perhaps your aim is not that good?
  14. kennonfodder

I feel your pain :rolleyes: using the Reaper DMR, same clip size, same recoil, same damage, same problems

yes, but they wont do it as too many people would start crying
  15. Wolfwood82

More crying.

AC-X11 is great with foregrip, compensator, and a 4x zoom. Burst fire and most targets die pretty quick. Med-long range carbines are not meant for sustained firefights at range. They are meant for taking out targets fast enough that the target doesn't have a reaction time.

I get the exact same feeling sometimes. Target whips around and unloads 10 rounds at me before I get my 3rd shot off (on burst). Doesn't mean the enemy has a better weapon, it means your lagging and they spotted you before you saw them spot you.
  16. Kaerius

When I started, I played NC, and their default gun(mercenary), with just a 3.4x scope and no other attachments, I could counter-snipe infiltrators, it took a bit of practice, but 200m kills were doable. I tried doing the same when I went TR, with the Trac 5, and it was a no-go, not going to happen. It rips people apart in close to medium distances though(up to 50m or so, maybe a bit more), with long bursts, especially with the foregrip I put on it, and I replaced the 3.4x scope with NVIR x1 scope which suits the gun much better.

There's no real long range carine option open to the TR. If you want to snipe as a LA though, you might be better off going with a sluggun.

TL;DR NC carbines have range advantage on TR, if it's not good enough for you, try shotgun with slugs.
  17. Hantak

Ac x11 is a great gun, but it really punish a lot if you miss.
    It only has 20 rounds on the clip and you usually use about 10+ bullets to drop a target.
    The main issue is that past the 15 bullets on the magazine the gun just goes ape... it starts getting a very notorious kick and its extremelly hard to keep your target on aim.

I really think this gun could use a clip buff, not huge, just 3-5 more bullets, or at least to get rid of that insane recoil on the last 5 magazine shots.

That said.. my main is NC, but i also have 2 other characters on the VS and TR (one on each), just because i love to drive tanks, but from time to time it helps me to keep things in perspective.
    I admit, that having a high rate of fire its a lot more rewarding on this game current state than having a slow firing hard hitting weapon, but we dont have it that bad.

On the examples you gave, you might have been shooting Heavy assaults with resist shield, wich can take incredible ammounts of damage without going down.
    And since as a LA you usually shoot your targets from above most of the times your head is a really easy target.
  18. vaxx

Thats why you dont go full auto and expect every bullet to hit your target. If you think the ACX11 "goes ape" when you full auto, Id hate to see what you think about the faster RoF carbines going full auto.
  19. supernauttt

and my point exactly, so dont give us a "long range gun" then and i would have never tried to play LA in the first place...which also is the point of my whole thread so glad someone got it
  20. supernauttt

lol TR full autos are EASY MODE for the msot part anyone who has played NC and tried um knows....people who only have played TR just think they are really good which is the funniest part, i made a TR and with w.e the starter LA and HA guns were i was droping people without nething certed out at all