NC LA no reward for skill

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by supernauttt, Mar 19, 2013.

1. supernauttt

and ape for a tr gun is like an over compressed pellet gun haha, for real tho if u go from playin nc to tr or vs
  2. Wolfwood82

Please stop talking.
    • Up x 4
  3. supernauttt

lol the truth stings doesnt it haha im not just tryin to aggravate u i like NC guns its just they are at a slight disadvantage the flinch mechanics helped alot so the balence is close now i agree, and hey i like TR style guns ill prob play um more till nc gets another little nudge
  4. supernauttt

o and btw I feel sorry for you as Sun Tzu would slap u in the face for trying to compare a great philosophy to a video game...seriously though...
  5. vaxx

Your posts are ignorant. You type like a child, and some of your posts dont even make sense. You have made no valid additions to this thread. You wont back up any of your "facts" or "opinions", due to the fact they are BS, and your stats will relfect that. And yet, you still keep trying....

When will you realize your uninformed self cant debate?
  6. supernauttt

lol relax buddy theres plenty of people who agree with what i have said so i got out of this post what i wanted so yea ill say w.e i want in my post big deal...make a post about it if ur so inclined but im done with this, and please look up the definitions of your big words...lmao and yes im no english major, im an electrical engineering major, with a minor in business sorry if I dont use correct grammar in something that it makes no difference and to people I do not know
  7. supernauttt

also this is a debate backed up on my experience or what u say as information, where i clearly stated the actual stats do not pertain to this as they have been proved to not apply to actual performance in game...and u took the time to look up my stats? clearly you must be the informed one...or the one to eager to try and win a debate over an opinion which if u havnt yet figured out uhhh cant be done? lol
  8. supernauttt

9. HeadshotVictim

okay guys... I think it is needed to bring some light to certain points:

First: Damage Drop-Off:
    The damage of the AC-X11 indeed drops from 200 dmg at 10m to 143 dmg at 85m. (Stated so in the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&gid=12)

Second: The AC-X11 is a nice weapon for very close encounters. When you can hipfire even with advanced forward grip AND compensator. It drops people really fast.

Third: You can use it on pretty much any range from 1m up to ~100m with HVA. After this I personally would recommend to get a LMG because ammo waste is big problem since one only has a limited amount of ammo.
    BUT: You need to aim carefully and shoot at maximum 5 round bursts. I miss something around 200 kills to Aurax on this weapon so I think I have slight idea what this weapon is capable to do...

Anyway it's damage over time isn't too good though. My feeling is that most TR carbines can out-dps it in ranges from 20m to 30m because of higher ROF and magazine sizes.

Sniping as LA is not recommendable in my opinion because a) we lack the weapons to do it (thank god!) and b) why do you need a jetpack when you want to snipe? (Playing LA for insane killing streaks seems odd to me because I like to stay up close and shoot people with my Sweeper into tiny bits... and die exceptionally fast when the magazine is empty :D)

@supernautt
    you are an !D!*T... come here whine, complain and insult without any clue what is happening in the game...

@TR-weapons being better:
    it is MUCH easier to kill stuff with uncerted weapons from TR (VS I can't say, since my VS experience is somewhat limited to killing 5 guys with a Sniper Rifle :D). The standard LMG is BEAST without certs compared to the Gauss Saw (a gun that hits everything, but nothing smaller than a Sunderer if not certed properly... when 400 certs are put into it its quite good!).
    Same for Carbine... the TR Carbine works pretty well without certs. The Mercenary is - well - a gun, since it shoots projectiles. But this is the extent of it. (But that's just my opinion on this gun.)

TS,DR:
    1. Supernautt should stop whining. (And stop embarrass the rest of us NC)
    2. Uncerted guns are WAY better from TR (and perhaps VS)
    3. AC-X11 is nice, but you need to aim properly. (Wow... what an information.)
  10. Slaidd

I've been using the X11 on my LA for the last few weeks. I have to say that unless I'm in a situation where I pull out the pump action for CQB, I have the X11, it's been great thus far and has really worked well.

I'm also starting to cert out the Gauss-S for when I have my C-4 fully certed. I can go sunderer hunting with the UBGL and C-4.

And I have to say, on the S with the UBGL, I was using it last night on my engineer and was in a big scrum with the TR when one of the TR rushed up a sundy right into our line and deployed. It did quite a bit of damage, but it was oh so sweet when I got the finishing shot in with the UBGL, an absolute thing of beauty. :)
  11. Wolfwood82

Oh you know him?

Seriously kid, you know absolutely nothing of what you speak of. In regards to this thread or to Sun Tzu. You could use his teachings to win a game of chess, that was the beauty of his teachings. They are an insight into strategy and tactics themselves, that can be adapted to any battlefield of any size, scale, or complexity. It's required reading material for modern day commanders and can easily be adapted to Planetside.
    There is a website dedicated to people who believe the world is flat. Does that make it so?

Your experience is not evidence, nor should it be considered as such. It's a point of introspection and not a means of scientific study.

And your opinion can be proven to have been made in ignorance (which it was). Simply calling it "your opinion" does not make it an infallible statement. It actually strips every ounce of respectability you could have salvaged in this argument, as no thread should be opened up based solely on opinion.
  12. supernauttt

Honestly this is the first time I've used heavy assualt for a solid couple hours straight and I think ill be making it my main as the playstyle fits what I want to do the best and I easily was tripling my kd. And xp gain so thanks for ter solid input from most of u, la just isn't what I was trying to make it, but being way more successful with ha so I'm happy...finally lol
  13. Kuriby

@OP yep, I was bout to tell you to switch to HA or Medic. LA isn't about "crouching" and sniping. Ya there are the LA's that hide in trees and rooftops and pick people off... but frankly they have crappy scores/min and/or K/Ds. LA is much better used to flank enemies and go behind enemy lines..

If you are trying to engage targets 100m+ then you need to close the distance to be effective. LA's will always outgun anyone in the 0-50m range. That is our happy zone.
  14. Hosp

Took a look at your stats. And it's as Kuriby here said, LA isn't a sit and snipe class. You have got to be constantly moving and from what I can tell, you are doing it wrong. I use a Mauler primarily, but if I need to reach out, the Rebel is a decent pistol to do it. But regardless of your preferred weapons and engagement distance, if you're not moving, you're dying.
  15. supernauttt

yea i mean i have my HA certed out with an em6 and everything else but only used it really for AV but now im playing it the same way i was playing LA short of being on rooftops and trees obviously, and kicking *** haha. so not having a jet pack but doing 10x better is a good enough trade off for me so yea def goin better now that i stopped trying everything possible to make LA work for me
  16. Iridar51

What I tried to say is that "sniping carbines" are misunderstood. They are merely a little more effective at longer ranges than other types, but they do not empower light assault to fulfill the job of an infiltrator.
  17. supernauttt

and i wasnt trying to "snipe" even certainly nothing like when i play Inf i just mean longer range support type shooting what HA seem to be much better at
  18. Blitzkrieg

But LA + Shotguns require many skill.
  19. JonboyX

I've used the AC-X11 a lot (feel free to check my stats), but I no longer use it. It was (and is) a great gun against the unarmoured player, but as I posted in a warning a long time ago, now that a decent proportion of players are kitted out with end-game armour and shields the dynamic of the gun vs. an enemy means it just isn't a reliable weapon.

You can level your heavy to absorb - what is it? - another 3-4 rounds? That's a huge difference in a 1v1 fight with a gun that kicks like the ACX. It was even worse prior to the damage/twitch changes. I've decent accuracy levels with the gun in a fire fight, but I just can't compete with TR/VS guns with their intrinsically higher rof/lower recoil at medium range. People say burst fire; but if the enemy doesn't need to then you're just deadmeat taking your finger off the trigger.

So I've switched to the GD7F exclusively. My accuracy rate is the same, but I'm getting far more kills per death than I was. And instead I just don't try and engage at medium-long range.

The AC-X needs a base recoil reduction. The minimal extra damage doesn't warrant the recoil penalty.
  20. supernauttt

exactly...you can tell from these posts whether or not someone has spent significant time using the gun or just tried it once and say they figured it all out...