NC Hacksaw is too effective in MAX duels

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Cryptek

Here's the problem with that: What can an VS/TR accomplish with more accuracy that a NC cannot? Whatever list you just came up with can be summarized as 'outdoors', what else is outdoors? Tanks and aircraft who will end you if your an AI MAX.. Not only will they end you, but they'll do the job you had hoped to do, more effectively without a large chance of you getting gibbed by the infantries small arms fire.

at best you can manage to survive long enough to have been 'largely irrelevant to a basefight'.

MAXes push and defend generators/points, that is the only way they are relevant as AI... Other MAXes cannot push or defend against NC MAXes.

What is the logical reasoning that a NC MAX should be able to pump out so much damage, that a TR/VS MAX at 15 meters cannot survive 1.4 seconds in the presence of a hacksaw, When he has 2-3 engineers repairing him, What is the reasoning behind that when they are largely IRRELEVANT, to a basefight and largely irrelevant to the map in general, when outside points/generators/small rooms that vehicles can't reach? Because picking off lone skirmishing infantry does not win you a base.. (because you cannot engage more than 1 at a time at more than CQC anyway)

NC even get an option to get the same effective range through slugs, VS/TR get nothing.
  2. Arcanum

Should MAXes be instagibbed by NC exclusive MAX weapons when nothing else in the game gets anywhere close to that sort of effectiveness? No.

From there we go to "should MAXes have weapons that are come close to that level of effectiveness?" or "make MAXes stronger against AI weapons so they don't get quite as instagibbed, maybe a second or two of TTK"?
    • Up x 1
  3. Cryptek

well if we try and bring that sort of reasoning into this, and not just balance, then here's my question:

Why is it that you, firing slug rounds which are highly effective against Unarmored targets, should EVER be even close to as effective as a RAPIDFIRE PLASMA CANNON. If we go by logic and not just game balance, then you should do 0% damage to me, while I killed you in less than 1.4 seconds.
  4. ytman

Guess Vanu tech just sucks. The whole Sovereignty is a sham!
  5. Dasmasterneko

Lets forget that the staff have not gotten around to adding things to MAX suites yet (you think they were not going to?) Is the NC MAX any less useless outside then a TR or Vanu MAX is? Its actually worse as it turns out. Can it defend the bio labs as efficiently as lets say a TR max can? Only if the assaulters use MAX suites themselves. Otherwise the TR outclasses the NC suite by a country mile because it does not need to do ***** things like reloading. But then again an engineer could do a better job then both of them with his turret so what was your point again?

Great so now using your logic EVERYBODY is freaking useless in a MAX. Great.

I will believe slugs out damage the TR and Vanu maxes when i see it.
  6. Cryptek

NOPE, NC still have something do to, because there is NOTHING, bar none, that is as effective at holding or pushing a generator/point in this game as a NC MAX, If generators and points didn't matter sure.. This wouldn't be too big a deal.. But as it turns out, They are pretty darn important, as in they're what we fight over.

VS and TR cannot hold a candle to a NC's ability push or hold in a MAX.

the range on VS and TR is kinda pointless, because others achieve what they can at such ranges more effectively, and even then.. A NC can achieve those ranges with certing into slug rounds.. So tell me, what is the unique, awesomesauce role of a VS/TR MAX? Because it's gonna be hard to top 'pushing/holding the most important places in the game for infantry'.. Oh.. Oh they don't have a role beyond that and suck hard when compared to NC.. oh... oh dear..
  7. Dasmasterneko

Right because getting a CQC max to a point or a generator across a killing field where the max can literally not defend himself against anything ever and is pray to even the most inaccurate heavy and every tank, aircraft and sniper in the game is easy. Not only is it easy but it happens 9 times out of 10 right?.. RIIIGHT!? Not to mention nothing can go wrong when sitting in a 5 by 5 room and surrounded by people that have grenades, c4, rocket launchers and tanks.

I cant think of one place where an NC max would be even reasonably safe.
  8. Cryptek

Again you did not present a single argument. Just trying to make something that is actually pretty easy as long as you're not stupid, sound like it's hard enough to 'earn' you the right to be completely broken OP, especially pitiful when nothing you just mentioned is easier to survive as either a VS or TR MAX.
  9. Dasmasterneko

Oh yeah i forgot to mention a simple LA can more efficiently clear out a gen room or point with a grenade without wasting mountains of certs into a niche max suite and general infantry resources. Holding it would also be easier if you can simply respawn as many times as you need and be right back in 20 seconds (with fresh grenades mind you).

Turns out the NC max is still a "waste of time".
  10. Arcanum

Cryptek, you do realize it's possible he's just having a laugh with our responses, right?
  11. Cryptek

I cannot get 186 kills over the course of 2 hours as a LA, I can as a MAX..

No one will ever backup a statement like 'the hacksaw MAX is worse than a LA' not even the most dilusional NC.. This thread is filled with SEVERAL people who admit to it's effectiveness, just stop before you embaress yourself any further.
  12. Obscura

I don't personally have an issue with scatmaxes destroying infantry and even other maxes to an extent in CQC. But the simple fact that the other two maxes(TR to a less extent, the Mercies are much better for long range than any VS Max AI weapon) cannot even effectively battle a Scatmax at their intended range renders them useless. While the NC max has the option of INCREASING his range with slugs, we don't even get an equivalent to that, instead we get extended mags. VS maxes are probably the worst out of the 3, awful spread combined with terrible range even on the more accurate variants just sucks.
  13. Dasmasterneko

Dude i am just using your own stupid logic of "even if we can use a max suite at X having a *insert object* would be better.* Besides you cant argue with that. I have not seen a point or gen that cant be easily captured by light assault. This is especially relevant since you still need infantry to do the dirty work since MAX suites cant interact themselves.

If a position is broken with MAX support chances are very high it would have broken without it as well. Perhaps even faster but that is totally irrelevant to my point.
  14. Dasmasterneko

I agree. The NC is fine in my opinion. I would like to see them give some love to TR and Vanu especially. I think they are finally getting around to do it however.
  15. Obscura

Your point is irrelevant anyways because we're not talking about the effectiveness of an infantry soldier compared to a max. We're discussing balance between the 3 DIFFERENT MAXES and how NC trumps them all.
  16. Dkamanus

People saying a MAX is an effective killing machine at 15m doesn't know what he's talking about. At 5 meter, I've instagibbed a whole TR zerg at the Crown today with the help of a outfit engineer, a medic and a HA. At 15m inside the Biolab today, I was firing ALL MY 28 SHOTS and getting one infantry kill, barely. People need to learn more how their own MAXes work. I still see TR/VS trying to engage me at 5m range and get murdered.

If you decided to engage me at 15m, my damage would be MUCH lower, thanks to a lot less pellets hitting you, I having to reload more often, and you actually being able to kill me. What, shotguns are giving VS/TR MAXes a hard time? Then I want lower damage from them at distance, so I won't be with 5 bars of health before engaging you. See how ******** the question is?

People are getting slaughtered in completely IDEAL situations that favour the NC MAX. I'd say nerf if people where getting murdered by the bunches at 15M+, which isn't simply happening. The shotguns where a huge liability in Beta, well guess what, people learned how to use them while they were **** and they became "OP" on the hands of people that knew how to work with them. Just so people see what I'm talking about, I made 143/11 at the crown today using my MAX.

Is it because Shotguns are OP? No. Its because people put themselves in situations I create that facilitate my job, and I choose my terrain quite wisely. It was in the open, by the northern path in the crown, right after the road splits in two towards the crown. I stayed there and guarded against anything that came up, and TR, lemminging their way up to us, fell into my trap and I murdered them, wave after wave after wave. CQC people, is a ***** to face an NC MAX.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dasmasterneko

You could say we were on our own little tangent. Its true that NC trumps them all but that is because its actually a bit scary. TR is good against infantry but lacks versatility and... Vanu is probably the best disco balls ever but thats it. Do i think its wrong that a massive walking metal robot is supposed to be scary? I dont think so (especially since you will be spending a minimum of 2000 certs on him). The problem lies in TR's versatility and Vanus... everything.
  18. Obscura

For the millionth time, VS maxes cannot engage the NC max at their intended range because our spread and accuracy is awful. Thus we are handicapped by forcing us to get into CQC range in order to land more than a couple bullets out of a mag. The NC max gets the option of slugs, while the other two factions get absolutely no equivalent and are stuck with extended mags. Is this really hard to understand? You get the option of medium range, or instagib short range, while we get the option of... SHORT RANGE and thats it.
    We are handicapped in almost every single max vs max situation.

I have played all 3 maxes by the way, yours is definitely the most easy to use.
  19. Dkamanus

Sure its easier, people will ram their faces against my armour plate and will make My job much easier. If ALL decided to run against me a few meters, 1 HA can do a tremendous job at destroying me. VS/TR are the easiest per se to play, due to them, in theory, being better suited for CQC/Medium range, but both have the Spread Problem, much bigger with VS, which I tested as well. Thietening the cone is a very much needed buff for VS MAXes, in order to make them more deadly. But saying NC MAXes are OP because the shotguns are being used as intented is ********.

People keep saying to buff NC weaponry, not nerf VS/TR. Well, the same applies here then, to a unit useful in a specific situation.
  20. korpisoturi

TR/VS players quit crying and l2p and aim better , aint that the solution so many of you have been offering to NC players since release ?

but then again NC have worst infantry weapons ,worst ESF + mediocre main battle tank at best, so why stop there lets fininsh it with a bang and make NC maxes weaker in the ONLY AREA they supposed to be good (pointplank range)