Mr Higby want's your Ideas for TR's ES Sniper rifles.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Goden

Next time you play, stop for 3 seconds every 5 seconds to simulate you being shot at by your stun-sniper.

You'll quickly see how absurd that would be.
    • Up x 2
  2. z1967

Perhaps it would not stack with current resistance removing qualities.
  3. Dalek

I don't know then. I'm not sure what numbers to use to make it less gimmicky...

How about making it semi-automatic, 1 damage per shot, 3 seconds per stun, 2 rounds per mag, 5 seconds reload time?
  4. PurpleOtter

Bolt action, single shot, Chicken Cannon of Death, or CCD....
    • Up x 1
  5. treeHamster

Terrible idea. It would require you hold the beam for at least 1 second and it would draw a MASSIVE line right to your body (think of how easy a Lancer beam is to see, well make that CONSTANT and you see how stupid of an idea that is).
  6. Goden

No, no stun. Stunning in multiplayer FPS games is the complete antithesis of fun and robs the game of skill.

The HA's stun grenades are already borderline too far but they mostly get away with it because they are very expensive to use and have a really short range.

Something like an EMP (shield-depleting) round would be much better because the victim isn't paralyzed and unable to react to anything. But in reality even the current bolt-actions deplete shields anyway.

A better idea: Stop adding new sniper rifles. The Inf already has plenty to pick from. Most of them are already redundant as it is.
  7. treeHamster

They had bases like these. Snipers weren't sitting 400m away, tanks were, and farming infantry with complete immunity.
  8. mavix

Since TR = moar bullets...I figure they would add 3 round burst rifle with a tight enough cone to land all body shots at 200m
  9. MrMurdok

Shameless self re-post.

Also, if you're not going to add any new mechanic to the new rifles, apart from "I shoot- I kill", can I just suggest that all new rifles will have the same shot sound effect? Make it go "Meh! Meh! Meh...!"

Because the last thing the class with access to six different sniper rifles that can kill at any range need is ANOTHER SNIPER RIFLE.

Seriously, you need another hole in your head more than another rifle, no pun intended.
    • Up x 1
  10. Maljas23

Rotary Full Auto Sniper Rifle with very light AOE dmg with a radius similar to the Banshee.

Only thing I can think of atm other than the cliche 3-round burst rifle that just about everyone else suggested.
  11. HadesR

I think one of the main issues is that Infi's as default are a medium / long range class with CQC abilities ( Hacking ) .. It's like they are not really sure how they want them to be ..

Maybe them and LA need readdressing .. Make LA's close quarter support by giving them the dart gun and hacking, Make Infi's medium range support with the recon drone and something new like laser targeting.
  12. sustainedfire

Mini Chain Gun Sniper Rifle. Its the only way to TR proper.
  13. doombro

A mini-chaingun with a scope and more accuracy.
  14. Syphers

lots of whiners on these boards, criticism is necessary but many just make it dramatic or biased. gotta keep a positive mindset
  15. Bortasz

Why does it have to be Sniper rifle? Why not SMG, ore Scout Rifle? Scout rifle can be even better.

VS and TR have special LMG, but NC have Shotgun. So why not VS and NC get Sniper rifle and we get scout rifle
  16. Kalendric

Totally agree! I'd rather see them say give us the ability to hack the jump pads on towers than **** about with more guns into a bloated arsenal of uselessness. Or heck, if it must be guns because they want to sell us things, stick them on the drones or something.
  17. LT_Latency

I don't see how they can add more sniper rifles that don't already exists.

Espicaly for a long range bolt action style. Having it split up into more then one bullet just makes the shot much harder. As you have to be on target for all 3 instead of just one.
    • Up x 2
  18. Cinnamon

They have probably already put work into the models.
  19. SpaceKing

Two round burst semi-auto sniper rifle, like the TR Medic's SABR-13. Hitting both shots would do nearly as much damage as a bolt-action, but you'd not have to stop firing and leave your aim to pull the bolt back. Fit's the TR's 'KEEP FIRING!' mantra well.
  20. MasonSTL

oh we are having this conversation! Another borderlands rip off with NC written all over it!

Sniper that shoots buckshot!
    [IMG]