Mr Higby want's your Ideas for TR's ES Sniper rifles.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Shinrah

You clearly meant Vladoff. Why aim when you can just shoot more bullets? That´s TR to the very core!
    And yes, VS will get even more useless chargeup guns. It´s amazing how SOE manages to continually screw up such a simple concept as charge up weapons. I mean in literally every game I´ve played so far that included those weapons, they dealt SUPERIOR dmg.
    It´s the only reason these weapons make sense, you have to charge and are thus unable to quickly react to threats, in exchange for that you can deal a huge amounts of alpha DMG.
    But no, in PS you have to charge, deal less DMG than compareable weapons, and get no bullet drop for it. Wow!
    Lancer aswell as Vortex would´ve been far better weapons if they had bean short to medium range with significant alpha DMG. Instead we get weapons where the pro´s are "no drop" "high velocity" clearly making em long range. At the same time however, they receive "significant DMG falloff over range". Absolutely fantastic, the the pro´s of the weapon are negated and the con´s ensure that they are worse than existing weapons for all other ranges aswell.
    High five SOE!
    • Up x 2
  2. RomulusX

Add sniper rifles that have ammo that act as concussion/flash/emp grenades and allow them to be used with stalker cloak!
  3. Ash87

There is no way you could make that TR only, it'd have to be NS
    • Up x 6
  4. treeHamster

It would be more noob friendly. Point is, it's a SIDEGRADE, not an UPGRADE.

This was submitted by a high rank TR, might I add.
  5. Klondik3

I'm just wondering if the new sniper rifles will totally outclass the current tier 4 bolt-action ones
  6. Hiding in VR

But which they mean this:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. Goden

The default bolt-actions can already kill in one hit at extreme ranges.

How exactly do you improve on that? The only thing I can think of is maybe a weapon that has some sort of support-role feature. Because right now a sniper has zero role in team-play. I'm sorry but they don't. I hate SMG cloakers with the fury of a thousand suns but even I will admit they actually do something for their team.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bortasz

Ofcourse they do.

That's the point. Stupid people will buy them SOE get money and they are happy.
    • Up x 1
  9. treeHamster

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  10. Ronin Oni

Snipers are getting recon drones (Dart is better for CQC infils, though a sniper can fire it pretty long range to support troops further up) for support.

Not sure what kind of sniper rifle could be made for support role... and which sniper would take it considering that they'd then be giving up sniper ability to be of marginal assistance with some gimmick "weapon"?
  11. Meliorist

Actually here's an idea if you want to get creative with long range weapons that aren't per se sniper rifles. How about VS finally gets a laser, one that deals low but continuous damage when aimed at an enemy. Slap a scope on it and you have laser sniper for terrorizing the open fields.
  12. Goden

To be perfectly honest, I don't even think they should be getting more sniper rifles at all. If the developers themselves cannot come up with ideas then this is just a dead horse and beating it won't make it any better.

The Inf has quite a large selection of long, short, and close range weapons. They don't need more guns - they need more ways to be useful to their team. This is mostly due to SOE"s emphasis on making them a class which is all about getting cheese kills than actually doing anything meaningful.
    • Up x 4
  13. Ronin Oni

Honestly, I don't even get the "Infiltrator Update"

IMO the class is already pretty well defined and complete. All style of weapons seem covered, they have a great gadget and ability.

Only thing I could see adding is the perma-cloak for giving up Primary, and the new recon drone. That hardly qualifies as a major update and I don't see what else they could add/need.
    • Up x 6
  14. Dalek

Semi-automatic medium range sniper rifle with extremely low damage but large magazines and a 3 second stun on each hit.

Support sniper is supportive.
  15. Goden

This is a terrible idea.
    • Up x 4
  16. Revanmug

LIke if we need more sniper... Sigh...
    • Up x 5
  17. Meliorist

True, something that would require some serious changes though. Right now most fighting happens in bases, almost all enclosed areas that make it hard to snipe. Amp stations permit some sniping action, but few others bases do. It's mostly a problem that the space between bases is hardly fought over, unlike what I've been told happened all the time in ps1.

If there was more outdoor fighting, infiltrators would have a field day with all the exposed targets.
    (I'm sorry I couldn't resist the pun)
    • Up x 1
  18. sustainedfire

The decoy grenades, they could stand to be "fixed". Everyone claims they do not work.
  19. Dalek

Why? It fills a niche. Support. Sniper rifles have been about killing people and most facilities now have so many things blocking line of sight that getting a shot on anyone is difficult.

A support sniper rifle would be interesting.
  20. Goden

If bases were made more exposed to snipers you would see a tsunami of complaining like you have never seen before. And I would be at the helm of that tsunami.

And realistically, that still doesn't change the fact they are not doing anything for their team. Sitting on a hill half a kilometer away taking pot-shots at single targets does NOTHING for your team besides annoy the crap out of the enemy. In the grand-scheme of things - the actual impact a sniper has on a battle is minimal at best.

Less focus on killing and more on support.