Members Only Special Summer Sale!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Dexella, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Communications Manager

Summer has arrived here at Daybreak, and we’re cranking up the air conditioning, firing up BBQs, hitting the beach… AND giving All Access Members an even BIGGER discount off in-game items!

From Friday, May 22nd at 10:00AM PDT through Monday, May 25th at 11:59PM PDT, anyone with an All Access Membership will see their Marketplace discount raised to 20% off!

Not an All Access member yet? Read about all the benefits that come from being a member here.

Note: All Access Membership discounts only apply to games currently included in the All Access program: EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online (PC), and PlanetSide 2. The increased discount applies to the in-game items only; DLCs and expansions are not included in this promotion.
    • Up x 5
  2. AcheronLupus

First! And that is just great, give the members a discount and raise prices for free-to-plays. Maybe I should call up Ghost Recon: Phantoms and finally toss them my twenty dollar bill.
    • Up x 1
  3. Thunder33

2x DB for both members and free to play players, should be good too :)
    I think its good you give some love to members, because peoples ingame laugh when you say that you are a member because you get so bad things from it. Now maybe more peoples subscribe for membership so they can get more certs or DBG sales.
    You really need to change the stuff in " member early access " because it thave been the same stuff there since you added that feature.
  4. Akuzimo

You're not paying to play this game, you have no right to complain. They're free to do whatever they want with their business model.
    • Up x 4
  5. BXAlbatross

Oh yeah, thanks for waiting a day AFTER I had already spent all my DBC. D:<
  6. Krinsee

Maybe if more people supported the game instead of just being Freebos, MAYBE the company would have more resources to work with to bring out more content, faster updates, Higher quality updates, and overall better service. Just think about that when someone that is a F2P laughs at members. Memberships are easier to track for them on a buissness model instead of depending on random crap people buy in-game. I did alpha squad, and am still a member just to support the game I love to play with my outfit. (Also jumping to the front of the line when switching conts is nice as well)
  7. Mianera

Why are there F2P players in this thread at all? This doesn't concern you at all, keep playing the game for free without supporting it and be quiet.

DBG thanks for the summer sale, look forward to see what you have to offer.
    • Up x 3
  8. RainbowDash9

i know them feels, i thought i was smart for buying the snowstorm camo for half price, and then more than 3/4 of the camos are now that price lol. but i was so eager to spend my money right then and there because i REALLY wanted the daredevil voicepack. why? because patrick seitz is like one of my favorite voice actors ever and sounding just like ragna from blazblue is awesome :p
  9. Cornbane

Priority should always go towards those who put in money. My one thing about this is there are people who buy DBC for individual items who won't gain the benefit for their support. Anyone that just plays for free, we're essentially paying for them, that's their special sale.
  10. Plantjen

Trying to please members by giving them just another 10% discount? Not just that, Daybreak is putting this up as an incentive for people to buy all access. Laughable.
    • Up x 1
  11. RainbowDash9

technically its an added discount on top of the already present discount so.... yea :p
  12. AgentRed

I think they should have given the non-sub people like 5%-10% discount because they still somewhat support the game as well.
    • Up x 1
  13. infpwned

F2P are fish not food, don't forget that, if it was just P2P members I guarantee you this would be less fun. I want to work on my exceptional camo, when will the NS-11P be for sale!??!?!
    • Up x 1
  14. Kektimus

As a F2P/non-member I've spent more than €450 on Planetside 2 since release. Your reasoning is invalid.
    • Up x 5
  15. ReconOne

Reminds me of the marine that told a guy 'I fought for your right to free speach, so sit down and shut up!'. Funny that, how many fellow marines said he was the one who needed to shut up. Guess it's my turn.

The term F2P can be misleading, as people who don't pay subscriptions still support the game, both with money, advertizing through youtube vids and word of mouth etc. and with simply providing bodies. At one point it was said a game was still profitable as long as it held 30K players total across various playtimes. But if those players are scattered out on different servers, different time zones, power levels etc. and never connect or have trouble leveling to get to end game content, they get bored and frusterated and leave. Even total F2P players contribute to some games inner economies and just by providing a population so things go smoothly. So that's F2P, and those that chip in when they can with purchases are between subscribers and f2p. But even that is monetary support that should not be overlooked. Some asian games have improved their profits by using that model. So be realistic. What's better, making $15 dollars a year off several people, and your subscribers, or just subscribers only, and risking losing that in the long run? Why jeapordize your company just to make less money? Mind you, if a game just starts doing poorly, going F2P wont save it every time, have to keep in mind if something is going to tank for some reason, it will just tank. I think I recall someone at SOE back in the day saying PS2 had a 10 or 15 year lifespan. I doubt having or not having a f2p model will alter that much.

..and remeber, to date, f2p type models have saved games, I can't think of one that it has actually caused to close. Even if there was one, it would be the exception, not the rule.
    • Up x 4
  16. kungflu

The only way for them to get more members is to change how member duration works. Right now it runs on real time, which not everyone could play the game 7 days a week to get the full benefit or most of what the spend on. They need to change it so players that play one or two days per week full benefit of their membership. That is to change it to Time usage-based.
    • Up x 3
  17. Malagath

I honor the hard work the dev's put into this game of which i seem to be addicted....
    so i throw cash at it like any other addiction. ^__^
    • Up x 1
  18. Joxstrap

Give n00bies some free cano / when they hit 15. perhaps that skull helmet thingie nobody wears. give them an incentive to get some daterape cash.
  19. Phenioxfox6612

20. Gamerman505

Wow Devs sad. I support the game by playing and occasionally buying DB cash. But to give the Members a discount and not the people which worry about there out of game lives. Also some people can't afford a membership. I actually can but my actually life matters to me. You know bills and what not. Disappointing...NExt time please give non-members a discount and also I know you only care about money but please care about the players.
    • Up x 1
  21. Zero4549

Believe it or not, Developing the game cost a lot of money. Hosting the servers for this game costs money. Developing the items in the depot costs money. Bug fixes and balance passes take money. Providing this forum so you can complain about not getting free stuff costs money.

Meanwhile, playing the game does not cost money. If you aren't buying DB Bucks or a membership, you are getting something that costs money, without spending any money. Next time you want to complain about how you get treated poorly compared to paying players, remember that you are playing a game that you didn't have to have any access to at all, and that you are only playing because you have special treatment that grants you access with no cost.

Maybe if you keep this in mind, and actually focus your feedback on improving the game rather than ridiculing it and the people who pay for your right to play it, you might actually enjoy your experience more AND DBG might throw something back at you to show for it.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.