Members Only Special Summer Sale!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Dexella, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kasgun

This has me tempted but It's a shame you have to buy a years worth of membership to get it down to $10 a month, because I don't play regularly, I come back and thrash it for a few weeks then leave for a couple of months.

I definitely think some way of making membership more flexible would get me to spend a lot more money in game, even if I could just buy a years worth of membership at the good rate and apply it by the week or month.
    • Up x 2
  2. Kektimus

I think what a bunch of us are getting at is the lack of recognition for paying players that aren't members. As I said before, I've spent more than €450 on the game since launch but I'm not a member. Yet, you are only recognized as "a supporter" by Daybreak if you pay a subscription fee, and that doesn't really feel fair.

Personally though, I get member-only sales - it's good they add value to the already (for me horrendously) overpriced membership. For the rest of us, there'll most likely always be all-player sales in the future.
    • Up x 1
  3. Navron

I don't want to sound uninformed here but isn't this sale for members across all DB games, not just PS2? If so, what's with the Planetside-specific complaints? (mostly in other threads)
  4. PinkHurtsMyEyes

You seem to be under the illusion that players that aren't members don't pay to play. I have spent more money on this game than I did on all my Battlefield games combined. The issue is that DGC tries to force players to become members, and that at a time when the game struggles. It is very much "our way or get lost".

This comes on top of the fact that if European players want to become members we "have" to give them our credit card info: Gamercards are not for sale in Europe, and yes - we can get codes from various dodgy web-sites but that isn't supported by DGC and leaves us with quite a bit of risk. This is not acceptable for me. There have been plenty of security breaches related to stored creditcards with Sony. And there is no reason for it: We can buy SC, oh sry. DC with Paypal so why can't we buy membership with:
    • Paypal or
    • DC
    So in short, as an European player I have no acceptable way of buying membership, and if I am not a member I am not "worthy" of the summersale. It's the same old story: SOE/DGC don't want European players money. This comes on top of the fact that the game is in a bad state and there is very little gameplay incentive for buying memberhip. Remember the April patch and the controls it broke; they have tweaked it but vehicle turrets are so jerky nobody wants to gun on harassers or MBT's. And I am a harasser driver. So yeah. Not much incentive at all...

Oh BTW I have been a member...
    • Up x 2
  5. Mianera

I don't understand. You don't own a creditcard and don't have steam? I'm a European player too and my transactions go through steam.

Why can't you do the same?
    • Up x 1
  6. SmileyBomb

Why is there so much Member vs F2P? It's not like the game is pay to win. There aren't any real Super Weapons (vulcan aside). Only thing I can think of for taking advantage of the sale is purely cosmetic stuff. Everyone should chill and log back into the game... I need more people to shoot.
  7. Scorpion97

remember that everyone have his own life situations that some players are dreaming of paying money and supporting the game but they have loooots of more important stuff to care about OR their countries doesn't have access to gamestores.DBG is somehow treating the users as if everyone have the money to pay for it,as for me:I don't have access to gamestores and doesn't even have a credit card but um trying to help by other things like subscribing the channel,giving a Facebook like and following on Twitter and that's actually what most of "dedicated to planetside 2 f2p" users do.

Don't always take the worst guesses man.
  8. MasterDemoman

I was going to write out a long paragraph about why everyone who's got their jimmies in a bunch about this sale not being for free players, but then I realized something.

It's a business, get over it.
    This game has so many sales we might as well call it Steam Fortress 2, a member one once in a while means Higby-all. The point of membership is to give members perks, so what would even be the point of membership without perks?

On a brighter note: Thanks DGC for spoiling me with such righteous sales.
    Your's Truly,
    Diddly Demo
  9. drizzlerat

You gotta be fellow TR. lol
  10. Halo572

If they want to generate revenue maybe create some content where people are actually compelled to log in once a year rather than some tired 3 year old TDM that I can install Soldier of Fortune 2 (Initial release date: May 20, 2002)
    and have more fun.

Mugging the 3p33n buffing demographic with discounts may deliver a stream, but even that will eventually dry up.
    • Up x 1
  11. \m/SLAYER\m/

how about double daybreak cash for rest of players?
  12. Scatterblak

...as long as I'm a paying member, could I get a Forums toggle to just disable what the F2P guys are saying in general? I don't really even need to see any of it.
  13. Mieh

Picked up the "Boar" Sunderer custom body and a few other things during this sale. Veterans, thank you for your service! Happy Memorial Day!
  14. Rentago

>Throwing money at a problem fixes everything!

Look, I'm sorry you think life works that way. Because if money was an issue for them why was it that they had the money and resources to start H1Z1 and Everquest Next?

It was purely just how they managed their time and effort, as time is money when you get paid for your time. They wasted a lot of time thinking they could make this game MLG Esport, which without a surprise, didn't work out. Battle Islands were scrapped pretty much because of that. Yes they took the effort to make a continent only to throw it away. Then they decided, "we need to fix this games performance without fixing anything!" So they removed barrels, and did various things like that instead of dealing with the coding being poorly optimized for multicore CPUs and hardly using the GPU.

You know why we haven't seen the completion of the resource revamp? The addition of doors? Better bases? Continent warping? Sanctuaries?

Because they've spent a lot of time making cosmetics that would never get released, making maps and bases that will never see the light, having made weapons and unique models for them only to throw them away like the MCG being underslung chain gun like it was suppose to be. They went and redesigned the looks of vehicles multiple times, added incomplete features and never looked back to actually finish them.

More money would fix this you think? Do you tip people who do a bad job serving you at a restaurant?

Their priorities have been a mess, Higby was even saying how it was a fight to make this game because they simply wanted it to originally be SOE's Battlefield, but he sorta tried to make this be more like what Planetside was about.

I don't think any amount of money being thrown at this project would fix it. The amount of harm T-Ray did with cosmetics in the game will never be undone, think about how much time went by and the only thing they could make was hockey masks and neon lights?

Suddenly players can submit their own content and it blows away everything a person who gets a paid salary makes.

And you think MORE MONEY would fix this?

The fact is, people for free do better. These people get paid and have done a lot of damage working on a lot of content that just never even makes it to the PTS. Drones? scrapped. Unique weapon models? Discarded. Needed updates? Forgotten or pushed aside. The fight to get them to make AMS was like an uphill battle. To finally see that AMS cloaking is becoming a thing took like 2 years of arguing with them.

You really think more money will suddenly make them want to make a solid and complete game?

And then we got this terrible community on top of it.
    • Up x 1
  15. Scorpion97

Good point!why can't they focus on the game instead of just making another games and claim that they have resource problems,all what they do is unfair changes in vehicle weapons and making new continents that nobody like playing in it and even ignore its alerts(I play in Connery and that's the situation their,not sure about other servers)simply and obviously,all what they care about is money and changing the game into pay to win mode and the first step was making most of the weapons cost more than twice the certs,this will actually kill the hope of anyone who don't buy weapons with cash which might make lots of users hate and ignore the game,they keep making cosmetics from time to time to turn users into "money spending revenants" I know ppl who bought like 20 camos and 15 helmets(or beyond that range)though they only use 2 or 3 of them in battle,they HAVE the money to improve the game,but u know,it will never be that easy.
    Did u even see anything yet??there are black days* coming!

Tell me why should anyone play planetside2 in its current condition when there is battlefield,as for me,I only play planetside coz i have no chance to spend money on games.

*did I say days?i think I meant monthssss
  16. CazadorDeLaBruja

i dont care about all access. Not that ive never spent money on it or have anything aganst it. i just simply dont play any other title then Planetside 2. I feel no issues with spending tons of cash on a game i enjoy. ive spent to this day over $2100 on Planetside 2. I am excited at the possibilities Daybreak now has after breaking ties with the over burdening Sony. Come on Daybreak! Introduce those new vehicles, complete the resource overhaul, finalize the newbie isles and the battle isles, connect the continental oceans along with the the ocean & amphibious craft. I love your game! Ill gladly pledge another 2 grand to Planetside 2 if you can commit to these great and wonderful things you yourself promised 2 years ago. Oh! Stop stealing the money from Planetside's development budget to feed Minecraft (Landmark), DayZ (H1Z1), & WoW (EQN) clones that should get off their ***** and support themselves. Planetside is your bread winner. treat it with a bit more care.

Keep up the good work. Remember your origins so you can see your future... PS2 is your soul! Tend it well and it will bear rich fruit!
    • Up x 1
  17. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

it's fashionable to rant and be negative on forums such as these and I'm guilty of it more often than i'd like to admit but, with population being so crucial to the fun experienced in game I'd suggest to the f2p player base who for whatever reason doesn't or can't contribute with currency but would like to help the game become more successful, they can do so with recruiting others, helping new players get acclimated and try to make an effort in cultivation of a healthy population. If you're doing that, f2p - sub'd or not, I consider you a valuable contributor to further development and success.
  18. xxx-reaper

Well, there's no way I'm ever buying anymore daybreak cash. At this point the stuff I have is worthless and the only reason I spent money was because it was a two for one. Now you want four times what I think it's worth? Ha!
  19. PinkHurtsMyEyes

I got the game when it was in beta. I do not play through steam. I never played through prosieben either; always from the soe login as all alpha-squad players. I have a credit card but I will NOT give it to SOE or DGC. If you don't understand why - google it.
  20. Joxstrap

So Prosieben or steam basically take a massive cut of those transactions but then have to host the servers etc.. and planetside2 mostly gets a larger following and royalty's?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.