MAXes have too much HP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Dec 25, 2014.

1. VaIhall

hey i was in your tank a moment ago. I need repairs! I need repairs! I need repairs!
  2. _itg

This attidude right here is why KDR is a bad stat for the game. Your KDR says nothing about your impact on the battle. KPH means slightly more. Actually capturing or defending a point is what's really important, though.

Any combat vehicle can easily achieve the same KDR as a MAX, by the way.
    • Up x 2
  3. iller

Or atleast more survival against a single stick of C4 that was like 10ft away from the MAX when it detonated.
    That, or the stupid Jetpack needs to be 10x louder than it currently is. *(or Explosions / Shells need to be a lot quieter so I can turn my Speakers up LOUD ENOUGH to hear jetpacks without pissing off the neighbors and blowing out my subs).

especially certain G2A + A2A composite loadout ESFs / Libs...
  4. JibbaJabba

You realize that NON Max units have infinite HP right?

Shoot the Max at a range suitable that he can return fire but not instagib you.
    When you take damage, retreat.
    Wait for your shield to recharge
    Repeat.

Over time the Max dies and you don't.
  5. Xasapis

You won't catch smart MAXes in the open like that, but it's also not that difficult killing the majority of MAX players, either with rocket or normal small arms fire.

Thing is, you catch a MAX with noone around him and he's probably dead in seconds. Things change when that particular MAX starts having support, so he's either doing some killing using his team as bait, or plays the role of distraction and his team do the killing. Or the MAX has full blown outfit like support, which make him extremely hard to die.

People think that unrevivable MAXes will make a difference, the reality however is that you can pull one every 6 minutes. Unless you just throw away that MAX to break a point defense, in all likelihood you're probably going to survive more than those 6 minutes.

Killing a MAX as a new player, especially against all timers is really hard. Once however you start unlocking grenades, explosives, different rockets etc., you start having something you didn't have before, options. Which is why on this very thread you see different people who claim both that MAX are too easy and too hard to kill.
  6. Syphers

It's an exo suit so no it does make imo as you have to repair it too
  7. Langerz82

Id like to see a weak spot in the back that is susceptible to small arms fire. This would introduce a new aspect to tactically trying to kill them by flanking there position.
    • Up x 2
  8. VonStalin

Like he would be alone. With no engineer or heavies around.... Does not happen.
  9. Wargrade

My max seems to die pretty quickly to coordinated explosive attacks. Maybe try some teamwork? That's what me and my engineer are using to kill you.
  10. Covah

MAX survivability is fine.

Rocket launcher, c-4 and even small arms make short work of them.

They are supposed to be tanks remember ?
  11. VonStalin

That is what I am arguing about. Don't like this idea. Tanks should not be revivable or walking on two legs inside buildings. The concept itself is OP.
  12. Keldrath

Their HP isn't really the problem. The problems are 1.) They are revivable 2.) There is no limit to how many can be pulled in a hex 3.) there is no timer on how long before you can pull another one, and 4.) Resources are infinite to the point you can just always play MAX 24/7.

It's bad for the game, but I guess the bad players need to be able to get kills to have fun and spend money too.
  13. Wargrade

Limit the amount they can be pulled sure, but I think they are in a good spot damage and health wise.
  14. KirthGersen

Whiners make too much threads.
    That's even more ridicilous.
    • Up x 2
  15. VonStalin

Making them unrevivable might solve the problem.
    If not, time penalty should be added. You died in max suit - wait 2 minutes before taking next one.
  16. Halkesh

I think the only problem about MAX is they are actually used for defense unstand of their indended role : siege breaker. (as attacker)
    So, I don't think nerf them by making them unrevivable and don't toucht to the other stats is the best idea.

Just add a mechanism to make MAX better as assault unit than defender unit.
  17. DrBash00

So play the max, and after some hours of playing a max you will know how to counter them.
    Maxes are not ment to be beaten up in a 1v1 with some HA....

Tuning the MAX HP down would basicly kill them, considered the cost of 450 nanites for one of them...
  18. OldMaster80

All your threads asking for nerfs of the things you cannot fight are even more ridicolus.
    • Up x 3
  19. Revel

3 shielded heavies with LMGs can tear one apart before it kills the first guy, depending on the range.
  20. Hammerlock

oh noes ... maxes are not OP ... if you know how to counter them they are easy prey