MAXes have too much HP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Dec 25, 2014.

1. z1967

Does this not indicate to you that perhaps the Infantry unit that behaves like an indoor tank is over performing a bit? If a revivable, one man unit is getting the same streaks that a non-revivable, 2 person MBT will go on, then I think we have an issue with the MAX.
    • Up x 1
  2. JibbaJabba

What magical server do you play on? Where is this land of fairies where engies and heavies don't die and no max driver has teh Derp?
  3. JibbaJabba

Aye, my post was just a smart@ss attempt to point out that MAXs have lots of HP but no shields.

If you damage a max the HP doesn't come back unless there is an engie around to help (the glacial regen option notwithstanding). A HA by contrast can find cover for a few seconds and get half their health (shields) back or even use a medkit.

As you point out, MAX are combined-arms units. Very effective in a team. Powerful but with a lifespan of seconds when on their own.

I wish people who think something is OP would sit down and actually play with that thing until they get good with it.

Case in point: Still lots of whining about NC Maxes having OP shotties. Go play one for a while... not just a sample...play it long enough to get good. People will learn they aren't OP. The players that kill them will also illustrate clearly what the weaknesses are.

Yours was a good post sir. I agree with it.
  4. _itg

Considering it takes at least two additional players to revive the MAX and repair it (plus a lot more to hold the room while the MAX gets revived and repaired) I don't see an issue. Again, something which gets kill streaks isn't inherently overpowered. It's pretty easy to go on a 20-kill streak as a sniper, for example, but it's hard to convince a lot of players that snipers are even relevant to the battle. The reason you tend to go on kill streaks as a MAX is because you can't just die and respawn as necessary, so you have to take it slow and run for cover when things get hairy, whereas as an infantryman, you can just charge in, chucking grenades left and right, then do it again 10 seconds after your inevitable demise. Pulling a MAX is always one of the most effective ways to pad your K/D, but it's often not the most effective way to kill enemies and accomplish particular objectives.
  5. KirthGersen

I still can't get why NC player (OP) whines about OP MAXes. Damn it, you have the best AI MAXes in game so just use them!:rolleyes:
    I've auraxed few different scatters but at all I prefer TR Pounders, they're made for more creative things, not just bruteforce.