Mattherson problem.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DARKIDER, Feb 9, 2014.

1. BoomBoom4You

I blame BuzzCut!
  2. TruckBadButt

It sounds to me like TR Mattherson is in a very dangerous situation.
    • Up x 1
  3. WyrdHarper

I have to say, I really enjoy Saturday nights when FRZA is on. They're a pretty skilled, solid group of players, for all their silliness. Last week 903, FRZA, and a few other people held Andvari biolab for almost two hours while underpopped; it was a fun and epic fight and a ton of fun.

I don't know how it is with other TR outfits, but most of our outfit leaders are upper level undergrads or grad students and working adults who don't always have as much time to lead during the week from week to week (I'm pretty sure this is the case for BWC as well). Additionally we have various trainings and scrims scheduled at various times during the week that can eat up most of the playtime for people during the week.

Why bring this up? Well, TR has lots of great leaders; however, many of them can't lead every night of the week, nor can we always rally many regular fighters during the week. This reduces the number of organized platoons we can wield, and puts a lot of holes in our ability to function. Many of us play PS2 to have fun, but it's often a tradeoff between what we want to be doing and what we should be doing (irl). If people aren't having fun because they can't find a good fight, then they're not going to play for long and are less likely to volunteer to lead because it's almost guaranteed to be stressful.

When you're losing and throwing yourself at walls of NC &VS, it's hard on you and your platoon. And a lot of people get snappier when the game experience is poor. And at some point this is kind of the problem. At some point when populations are bad, it becomes less fun and more work, and if you've already spent your entire day working, then the attitude of many is to simply not play. It can still be incredibly fun when you're very organized even when underpopped, but this often means less room in good platoons for pubbies. Normally the 2 outfits running larger public platoons are AOD and 903, and 903 has been running fewer of these and have less room in them as our member activity has actually been going up. Not to mention that a lot of the "pubbies" in our platoons end up being xUax or AOD guys, not just tagless people. Having some good groups come over and give more support for public players would be phenomenal.
    • Up x 2
  4. Negator

I'm saying nanoweave is 1363 effective health + 680 overshield is more then 1818, and adrenaline is an up front butt saver that doesnt need to be activated the entire time youre taking hits to make difference. Nevermind the up time bonus involved
  5. BoomBoom4You

Do you mind elaborating? What do you mean by up time bonus?

And I agree, NW5 + Adren or NMG gives more "health" or damage absorption, whatever you want to call it. The only benefit to resist is you can keep it on longer as it drains slower and generally regens faster.
  6. RogueVindicare

Resist shield is about minimizing downtime. Not having to stay out of the fight longer to get "maximum effectiveness" back because you are only held back by your health and shields, not your overshield gauge.

Resist shield's new best friend is Advanced Shield Capacitor for maximum downtime mitigation.
  7. AAA Beef

Go see that other "Subscribers Leaving Mattherson" thread. Take a nice long look at the Indar map screenshots the OP posted. I was online then. There's a thousand mile border between NC and VS with a couple squads each on two hotspots. Meanwhile NC and VS are throwing hundreds of players each at a faction with half their numbers.
  8. Herby20

Now was that a case of post-merge recruitment? I don't think that is necessarily cross-server recruitment if that is indeed the case.
  9. GoEErs

I play NC on Briggs and would be happy to create a TR character to play on Mattherson. I'd even dump some station cash into this guy but need a good outfit to get with. Any ideas?
  10. Mustang

There a couple of great outfits to join on Mattherson TR, as a member of the 903rd I could easily recommend them!
  11. GoEErs

903rd. Roger that. I will go home tonight and create my TR character. If you could message me some info on your unit that would be great. Do they have a website? Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll be ready tonight and just join an open squad. See you out there.
  12. GoEErs

I'm in. I play NC on Briggs. Strictly grunt work. I'll be creating my character tonight and would love to hook up with you guys. Is the 903rd running open squads?
  13. Nerd Mode

Oh, lotsa stuff:

-tell people to leave Mattherson
    -tell people to switch over to the overpopped faction and make SOE react
    -tell people that all hope is lost and that they should forget the Riddle of Steel altogether since the hand is stronger than steel

Just a few of the basics.
  14. Nerd Mode

NC is winning on Waterson as well; not sure about Connery.
  15. WyrdHarper

While I can't speak for the moment to moment, we usually have open squads running during the evenings. We have some trainings going on tonight, so there might not be a public platoon today, though. Feel free to add me/message me ingame when I'm on.

Glad to have your help :)
  16. GoEErs

Affirmative Whiskey Hotel. Roger Wilco
  17. Rift23

18. Nerd Mode

Right now on Mattherson:

VS: 42%
    TR: 23%
    NC: 35%

Yeah, no problems there.

On Waterson:

VS: 33%
    TR: 27%
    NC: 40%

Go TR, go!

On Connery:

VS: 32%
    TR: 28%
    NC: 40%

TR, just breathe out as it slides in, take it slow.

Basically, it blows to be TR.
    • Up x 1
  19. Nerd Mode

Oh, sorry, I forgot my obligatory "I didn't include EU servers cuz no one cares."
  20. AdamPA1006

TR got way too overnerfed, I'm not sure what can be more clear. Also we need more weapon variety.