Matherson TR is horrrible.....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aisar

This is definitely not my experience or opinion. Not sure if you are trying to brush the problem under the rug or what, but Matherson TR are not doing fine.
  2. L3TUC3

My main is VS on Mat. Mostly because some buddies hang out there and I like to be a saron gunner when we go tank hunting with a Mag. It's good fun, but I have the general feeling that VS isn't particularly good at keeping control either. It's usually NC gobbling up everything during off hours and then VS caps stuff with TR bringing the pain.

As for TR, they're fun to fight and do put up a decent job most of the time until TE shows up and absolutely murders the local area. I don't mind it that much as that means the most interesting stuff happens next to me, but it's pretty hard to stop such a mad influx of players and I can see the appeal of others packing up and going somewhere less busy.

I like what TE does and they're good invested players. I like watching BCP's stream and one day actually jumped on just to try kill him when he was horsing around TI alloys with some buddies. It took me about 7 respawns but I managed it and I got some satisfaction knowing I could best a BR100. I like what happens when BCR presses the "go here and kill stuff" button, I've been on the other end of such attacks (it's impressive to see a horde of tanks/mozzies/libs/whatever show up, even with me being on the receiving end) but not so much when bcp flies off the handle when stuff doesn't go his way, or fast enough.

Anyway, I was defending against the crossroad attack before the server restart today and it had to be one of the funnest moments I've had with PS2 yet. Lots of friendlies and enemies, with notable different stages of the battle. Enemy armor push, objectives capped, armor destroyed, objectives contested, enemy sunderers deployed, objectives lost again, with a hard infantry the sundies get destroyed, objectives recapped and later pushed out again. Thanks for that TR!
  3. Flukeman62

no thats a TR heavy
  4. MasterCheef

What are you talking about? i have no idea who is TE and who isnt. Im not into any outfit politics. I'd gladly join TE, or any other outfit.

My post is purely out of my frustration with "losing" all the time. I STILL do have fun, and i still do love this game. Its just that i would like to see some more leadership and organization from the faction i sunk 200 +hrs into.

yes, yes, TE is GREAT when "they play"...i GET IT. (to me theyre just as good as AOD) What i dont get is why TR is so terrible any other time.
  5. jak

TE has been that way since PS1, homie. Why would PS2 be any different?
  6. Xizwhoa

I just think you guys love having someone/thing to hate... You think TE is bad? I got tk'd last night 6 times by the same person, just because of the tag. It happens all the time. I understand it's a game but Jesus when is enough actually enough? My play time is limited due to work so when I play I just want to chill for my 30-45 minutes and kill people, not worry about being killed by the people I'm trying to help take or defend bases. When I was on my own I would just play the tk game with tools like that, but being in TE I don't want to make it worse.

Ops is probably the only reason I play. Why? It's fun, the entire point of playing video games. We go to hot points, and say what you will about BCP he tries his best to get all the people running ops a good fight. Most of the time we are running no more than platoon size, and usually 1-2 squads per hex. We aren't usually over 120 people on indar so when we take objectives, if we run to defend everything we take nothing would be gained.

As for the chats, you act like it's one sided. Usually it's some idiot running his mouth and us trolling him and the others that follow his lead. Stop acting like it's TE starts everything because we are all dick heads, it just isn't true. The community on Mattherson is on the whole **** because people would rather talk **** than have fun, and have rivalries based on gameplay, instead of forum-fu...
    • Up x 1
  7. Aisar

I don't know anything about their time in PS1. Server transfers can't come fast enough.
  8. jak

They TK'ed a hundred or so friendlies that were having an in-game funeral event for a player that died in real life.
  9. Aisar

Nice, good to know lol.
  10. Isila

Last I heard, that kid didn't actually die.
  11. jak

Doesn't change the motivations and actions stated.
  12. Isila

Pretty bold, coming from a Delta Triad member -- unless your DT is not the same as the Emerald DT that were pretty infamous for the amount of hate tells they sent. I guess some vileness is acceptable, eh?
  13. jak

I'm sure some of the guys sent hate tells, though they most often were equal exchanges between people that didn't like each other, from the discussions I've had (I never sent hate tells). I'm not sure I would consider telling a person you have a history with they sucked is equal to purposefully TKing over 100 people paying their respects to someone they thought had died in real life.
  14. Natir

You mean an in-game funeral for someone who didn't actually die in real life and was all just a stunt? Oh yeah, that "funeral"..... lol Also, how many years ago was that? 5, 6, 7? Come up with some better material.
    • Up x 1
  15. jak

So you're telling me the 100+ TR TK'ed congregated there because they knew it was a stunt? If that's the story you wanna go with, alrighty then captain. ;)
  16. Isila

Suffice it to say that "you suck" is nowhere near the language that got used. Personally, I wouldn't have bombed the 'funeral', (I wasn't rolling with TE back in PS1, so), but I wouldn't consider blowing up digital people to be a more grievous offense than directly verbally attacking someone with a bunch of slurs for the way they choose to play the game either.
  17. Natir

100+? There was like 20 guys... wtf are you smoking? Some of you people lead very sad lives and I feel sorry for you guys. You have nothing positive going on in your lives that you always have to gang up on poor old Enclave guys.
  18. jak

You're a former TRx member, I take it? I can't speak for "slurs" being used, but that doesn't fit with the people I've played with for 8 years.

The point being, the guy was upset that TE seems to have members that are dicks. My statement was that their past actions have been consistent with that, so it's not unexpected that the tradition would be continued. I'm sure there are some nice people in TE, but his point of view seems to remain consistent with the point of view people had from PS1...
  19. jak

I would like to reference you to your own outfit's video of the event, where in the description it states:

"12 Greifers, 5 Bombers, and 2 Scouts later, we bombed the living hell out of a Funeral Ceremony going on. A kid died while playing PlanetSide, and we took it upon ourselves to mourn him.

T'waz Epic...by killing over 200 people in less than 2 minutes."
  20. CrashB111

Only issues I have with TE people is like when I run over a HA that drove his flash up under my Prowler and boom boomed himself. And then proceeds to spawn and attempt to TK me his next 5 lives till I drive somewhere else since I'm wasting time killing one ******.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.