Matherson TR is horrrible.....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kedyn

The problem with Mattherson is that on your average, non-holiday, non-double-XP day, the population isn't big enough for a fight to be on any continent other than Indar. If you're with a large group, you want to be part of a large fight. Who wants to get a big group together just to ghost cap? So, the fight stays on Indar. If the VS and NC wanted to fight anywhere other than Indar, we might show up, so you can't blame this all on the TR.
  2. MasterCheef

Why cant the players make conquering a continent a goal?

Can TE take a continent if they wanted? Or will the excuse forever be- "whats the point" What is ever the point when playing a game. Do you really need a game over "YOU WIN" screen. What about bragging rights? what about the satisfaction of just being dominant?

Im not asking that we ghost cap empty continents. We could at LEAST hold Indar though. There is no excuse for not even being able to hold Indar. I know its impossible to keep all hexes red, but it shouldnt be impossible to keep the Indar icon red. VS and NC do it.
  3. Springheel Jack

Sure they can.

Last Ops I was on we were a couple bases away from taking Amerish. Then the decision was made to leave because there was a BETTER fight to be had elsewhere.

TE just simply doesn't give a **** about continent caps, nor is there much point to, because aside from a couple hours of 10% resource discount, it'll be ghost capped back at 3 AM by NC anyway.
  4. Natir

5. Kunotron

Seriously, 9 out of 10 times a continent is lost after the hours of 1am where all us people that actually have jobs are in bed. Asking your outfit defend a lock from the hours of 1am - 5pm is completely unreasonable. Unless they do a timer on warpgates like they did on the caves during PS1, your not going to see this happening.
  6. MasterCheef

I'm not on 1am to 5pn. I'm talking about prime time hours. I rarely even see TR progress then. TE,AOD,BONK- they all seem to get pushed around at ALL times.
  7. Jadith

^this. There is no way to hold a continent for more than a couple hours, much less days or even weeks. If a faction were to somehow pull this off, they would have to be amazing, or their enemies terribad.
  8. LoveJuices

So as long as we're on the subject of Mattherson

TR, kindly **** out and focus on NC you dense horse molesters. Seriously we don't have the Indar cap. That is Blue up there. Bluuuuuue.
  9. Vanskyvah

Would of been unlocked if it weren't for massive bugs resulting in us unable to:
    1. See people except in CQC range
    2. Repair a sundy (had to spawn from farrrrr away)
    3. Stuttering
    4. Ammo didn't work
    5. Rezzing didn't work.

That, combined with all of the NC population was in one base and it gets a little tough to kick them out.
  10. Rolfski

I'm curious what the changes will be on this server when they make transfers available. On Connery, Waterson and Miller I foresee mainly an influx of outfits/players coming from quiet servers.
    On Mattherson however, I wouldn't be surprised if outfits would actually move away to other servers. This would confirm my impression of this server having a more negative overall spirit compared to the others and would strengthen my opinion that outfit leaders on this server should really get their act together and sort out any possible issues they or their members are having in relation to other outfits.
  11. AFoo

You do not pay attention ... I seriously suggest you stop posting and join TE for 2 weeks. You will change your tune quickly ... TR do not get pushed around during Prime time ... Check the maps on weekends and check it around 9pm CST ... we do work during prime time ...

Honestly just stop posting ... quick, go whine on another server ... if you are that tired of us then leave ... As a TR and TE member I am happy with my Faction and my outfit ... The game is FUN and TR are doing fine ... VS AND TR have amazing battles every night.
  12. Natir

Live, go watch. Check out some of the TR in action and how they play operations to win.
  13. DarthXaos

Vanu on Mattherson must be amazing then, because we DID hold Indar for like 2 weeks.
  14. DarthXaos

We managed to kick them out of our end the other day, it was your side that couldn't get it done, even when [GOKU] tried to help you by sending all those kamikaze Galaxies
  15. DarthXaos

The closest thing to a win screen this game has is 3 purple continents. Or blue ones if my playing my Connery guy. Or red when I play Waterson.
  16. MasterCheef

TE may be great for those rare moments when they decide to show up. Most of the time though, playing TR more often than not feels like the underdog faction. Always fighting against greater forces.

Like someone else said, it may just be a population thing.

I did join a public TE squad a few days ago. I really didnt see any difference from a pub AOD platoon. Maybe it was because your leader wasnt there. If thats the case, then TR needs more leaders. Shouldnt have to depend on ONE person for anything to get done.
  17. BuzWeaverPS2

I see TE taking over areas quiet often. They may not be on as much lately, but when they decide they want to dominate, it doesn't take them long to capture a map.
  18. Takara

I for one agree. The game is lacking any in depth game play. The constant presence of every empire on each continent is what is really driving the game play into the ground. I don't bother trying for much in the way of tactics anymore aside one raid night a week. Until there is sanctuaries or some kind of 'home continent' for each empire the game will continue on it's mindless path.
  19. Natir

You seem to always be following TE members around on the forums and then going out of your way to make useless posts, such as yourself. You should watch The Enclave from 5pm - 11pm EST when they do their operations @ www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho
  20. MasterCheef

But would you agree that matherson TR is the least dominant faction? Theyre at 46% pop on Indar right now, and barely have any map.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying they NEVER take control. It happens, and ive been a part of it. My point is that those moments of sheer dominance is few and far between. I'd expect to at least take control 1/3 of the time (at least on Indar), but its not that way at all
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.