Massive stuttering while flying

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by shd, Jun 6, 2013.

1. tigz

I was wondering if this has been an acknowledged problem? I don't recall any contact from SOE about this problem.

Here is a video of the problem that I think we are all having. Keep in mind it started around for me around GU9-10. It is exactly the same problem I have, and the only reason why I don't play that much anymore.

2. shd

Yea that's the thing. It started in GU10, when they changed projectile point of origin. I actually wanted to record a vid showcasing how ridiculous it is in a reaver with a vortek/breaker loadout. When you have the vortek selected it stutters like mad, fps jumping from 0 to 60 but as soon as you select the rockets it's all smooth and nice,

But the ingame recorder, much like most stuff in this game, doesn't work as it should so i didn't. ;)
  3. druzinko

Yeah, it's only certain combinations of weapons on vehicles that causes it (liberators always stutter for me no matter what, though). I filed a bug report and was told it was being passed on to the dev team but...yeah...

here are some of my toaster oven recordings; it's even worse in more crowded areas.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1795744/libstutter.mkv
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1795744/reaverstutter.mkv

the second one is what shd wanted to make a clip about showing the difference between the rotary and rocket pods
  4. Spookydodger

The only common element I can see to those is that the Scythe is the only aircraft without moving parts. Reavers, Mosquitos, Liberators, and Galaxies all have engine tilt and landing gears / skids
  5. druzinko

Flying a reaver with the stock nosegun is perfectly fine for me. It's only when I slap the rotary on that it starts to stutter. The projectile origin is the only thing I can think of that makes any sense whatsoever but who knows?
  6. tigz

That is odd, even in a scythe it still stutters for me. I do have all the weapons for it equipped, so I might have to try it out completely stock. I do remember flying in the VR and I seemed not to have the stutter anymore, may have to try that again.

Edit: I just tried a stock scythe and I didn't stutter at first, but I got a lot further then I normally would before the stuttering got me. Tried the VR still stuttered. I don't know. I think it might be more then just the gun alignments at work here, it could be simply they changed something and we are the unlucky ones who got hit. I do know it affects people with great specs, people with ok specs, and low end specs. I honestly doubt it is a hardware issue.
  7. druzinko

Doesn't bode well for the bug guys (and us) if everyone is actually affected differently. I'm 99.9% certain it isn't hardware related because the game ran perfectly fine prior to GU10 and it seems to be related to certain load outs. I made a thread in the bugs section but never got any love so this place is my last bastion of hope :\
  8. shd

Good job on the vids, shows the problem nicely. Unfortunately i don't think the problem is widespread enough for them to make a serious effort. Tsr said to keep bumping this so i am.

The fact that by just switching between your guns stutter goes away completely means the problem was caused by them. I did notice that the people with this problem have older hardware (i have an E8400@3.6ghz) but i almost never had any serious issues with the game before this and apart from vehicles it runs ok.
  9. druzinko

well, back to the top we go!
  10. tigz

11. tigz

Well bugger me, I just watched your 2nd video. Tried it out myself, the stuttering was gone when I switched to rockets. I still get a stutter with lightings and other vehicles though...anyone else? Could it be possible to have someone in your area with a rotary still cause these issues for you?
  12. druzinko

Doesn't matter what other people equip around you, it's only when you try flying with it. My scythe is untouched by this and I can dogfight reavers with rotaries like I always have. I'd have gone insane if I couldn't at least fly a scythe :\
  13. druzinko

Tried out the new weapons on the test server and found that mass drivers/coyotes work normally while locust cannons get their stutter on. Two out of three isn't bad, right? :\
  14. Epicskymi

I get this problem as well going from 70 to 20 constantly it makes that game freeze because of the drop
  15. tigz

Good to see this bug still exists on the next GU at this rate :p. Seems to be anything with moving parts then? The Vortek spins, nothing on the scythe moves or spins iirc. Try the locust on a scythe and see if it stutters then please?
  16. Epicskymi

What I found out is going to waterson a us server local to me (20ping) every vehicle I went into kept my frame rate stable with out drops fixing the problem
  17. shd

Nothing mentioned for the new GU either. I guess at this point all we can hope for is an accidental fix :)
  18. tigz

Aye, let us hope this happens. I miss playing this game so much, I haven't even really got to see the new Esamir yet, I only saw one base and that was to check out the new VS weapon sounds (which are sweet).

The other problem with this bug, is it has stopped the people that I play games with, from playing this game, because I ain't there to play with them. :(

Help us SOE, you are our only hope. Hahaha
  19. druzinko

maybe they'll see this in the pages of GU14 rage threads and finally start looking into it... i can dream, right?
  20. tigz

Haha, I hope you are right. I don't know if they know this problem exists, and has existed for months now. As I have said before, I don't think I have seen a reply from SOE on this, which is fine, I understand how busy it gets. Just want a bone you know?

*slumps in chair and gets a little sad at not playing this awesome game anymore*