Massive stuttering while flying

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by shd, Jun 6, 2013.

1. McToast

Moin

Still not fixed. More than annoying.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  2. Selerox

Flying is still impossible. This game-breaker also occurs when being a passenger in a Galaxy.
  3. druzinko

I was hoping GU11 would fix it but unfortunately it's still occuring. I'm currently reinstalling to see if it helps but I have my doubts...
  4. shd

Yea, another update, no fix.

I was encouraged by a tsr to keep updating (and bumping) this so here it is.

Quick summary of the issue:
    • ESF's with a rotarty equipped stutter (reaver, mossie)
    • all Liberator loadouts stutter
    • all MBT's and linghtning loadouts stutter
    • Flash with a weapon loadout stutters
    • vehicles without a driver gun are ok
    It is like this for me and a number of other people and it started with GU10.
    • Up x 2
  5. shd

Friendly reminder this issue is still active. Tho i imagine they have their hands full with everything going titts-up after GU11. :)
    • Up x 2
  6. Grimfalcon77

100% seeing this any time I fly with my Galaxy. Seems to happen more near or while over larger facilities like Tech Plants, Amp, BioDomes. etc.
  7. ShadowAquilaX

+1 same on my side. not massive or game breaking but definitely noticeable.
  8. KunzeWaldemar

Still have the stutter problem. Mostly in vehicles using 3rd person view. Never had such stuttering driving/flying in 3rd person before GU11.
  9. Hoseheadsux

I seem to have this problem for all of my vehicles except my harasser, although at times it will stutter for a little bit it usually drives better than any thing else. My flash stutters pretty bad and my character is not even holding the handle bars and it looks rather odd. Never had any issues before the recent releases and my flying is next to impossible unless my intention is to just bail out when I get to set destination.
  10. Cemdan

I haven't noticed that much stuttering while driving ground vehicles but all the aircraft are pretty much unpilotable. I have a stable 40-50 FPS on the ground all the time but when I fly it goes as low as zero. Base size, actual population inside the region, point of view, or the rendering distance doesn't make any difference. Amerish seems to be tiny bit less affected than Indar and Esamir. Stuttering happens also while being a passenger in a Galaxy but for some reason being a gunner either in a Liberator or Galaxy isn't affected nearly as much. I have had this for almost two months now.
  11. gargam

I am addicted to liberator flying (+200 hours of flight), therefore this bug is loooot moooore than annoying !

I somehow found a way to fly correctly, but keep in mind that when I do it, sound glitches appear and infantry is almost unplayable.

While in game, go in task manager and affect CPU priority to real time for Planetside2.exe

Fortunately, switching back to normal is easy and I can play infantry again with unglitched sound ;)

Hope it works for you.
  12. shd

GU12 and counting :)
  13. jiggaaa

hi my fellow sufferers
    i cant believe it my story with this game

smashed my money into this game like nothin with the hope ; they will fix this **** soon and i will support them.
    after 4 months i decided to smash another nice amount of money into new hardware only for this game.

now im on a stage of madness i did not played for 2 weeks now , only because i think it is inacceptable.
    I heard of massive amounts of money and: heyy planetside 2 makes more money than all other sony titles together.
    ok nice

it cant be that i pay for a product that doesnt deliver proper performance after such a long time.
    it cant be, that i need to play on an MONSTER rig!! at a friend of mine , to get an idea of constant 60 fps at high settings
    i dont know the mobo but man it was freakin hell
    x3960 i7
    16gb ram
    sli 580 gtx

and 60 fps for a rig like this shows how to measure the optimization

i love this game , and this is the problem for me even in this state and with ultra low hardware first,
    i played so much even went with libby 180 + hours while having an intel dual core e6500 but i could only bash lonely guys at night because at daytime game was unplayable for me

you cant imagine how much money people would drop on this if it would be well optimized
    and you would have a larger player base
    stronger community

if another title comes up with an good engine and similar playing style this game will lose many players i dont think developers will let the money go away someone will grab the oppurtinity and show how an mmofps should be like be carefull
    i dont wanna see this game dead.
  14. jiggaaa

60 fps in good battles of course
  15. shd

GU13 and counting.
  16. tigz

Yup still buggered for me. Tried reinstalling today as well. I miss this game.
  17. druzinko

Still no luck for me either, welp
  18. tigz

I hope this gets fixed before the new ESF weapons come out, otherwise it will be like looking through a shop window at all the goodies you want, but can't have for some reason.

I honestly don't think it is on my end. It does not matter what my settings are it still happens, I used to play on high with some settings medium, and in large battles it would be fine. Since this bug, I can't leave an empty warp gate in a vehicle with out this stutter. *cry*
  19. Gammit

For me, it's mostly as infantry, sometimes as ground vehicles, and OFTEN near towers or other building-based spawn locations.
  20. McToast

Moin
    It's not about the "regular" stuttering, I get that as well as infantry, no matter what. It's a special "hardcore" stuttering that only appears in certain vehicles with certain weapons selected. Still in for me too. I've given up any hope that they fix that bug anytime soon. Doesn't matter for me anyway, I'm on vacation now for 2 weeks and will buy a new PC thereafter.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast