Massive stuttering while flying

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by shd, Jun 6, 2013.

1. shd

So after yet another glorious update i can't fly. I'm getting massive stuttering with frames constantly going from 60+ to single digits for a micro second, then back up. At first i thought it was directional (as we once had) but it isn't.

Now for the funny part. I have 2 characters of each faction. I tried an esf and a lib on all of them. Scythes for some reason aren't affected by this. Reaves, mossies and libs are on all of them.

I've tried everything but reinstalling the client, so before i go and do that, i wanted to see if there is more people with the same problem or is it something on my end (tho can't imagine what it could be).
    • Up x 5
  2. shd

Scratch that. Every vehicle except for the Scythe is affected.
  3. loopuleasa

Sup Shead.

Yeah, I get MASSIVE stuttering while flying especially in 3rd person. ALL VEHICLES. More accentuated on planes.
    • Up x 1
  4. McToast

Moin

Yupp, same here.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  5. Loui5D

There's a setting on MSI afterburner called frame time, that shows the delay.
  6. KunzeWaldemar

Same here. Mini Lags/stuttering with vehicles!
  7. DobbsFelix

You can add me to the list. I have 30-40 fps and randomly goes down to 9.....
    • Up x 4
  8. ArcKnight

same here as well the moment when anything happens my fps drops to single digits,

oh when will these terrible terrible updates END:(
  9. Aircrafter991

yes, this is the end of the air. its so bad, i cant even describe in words. whoever brought up the idea should immediately die and rot in hell. this is by far the biggest **** i've ever seen
  10. RaTzo

Yep... I'm getting stuck at 0FPS while flying into a battle...
  11. shd

Hey m8, sucks it got screwed up for you as well. At least it seems to be affecting a lot of people so it should be high on SOE to do list.
  12. Ghost_Leader

Same here.Tweeted this to the PS2 account,hopefully they'll report the problem to the devs and get this **** fixed.This problem needs a hotfix and fast.
  13. shd

Ok, after some testing i seem to have figured out the problem.

When i spawn a flash without weapons on it (only vehicle capable of doing so) i get no stuttering. And ofc it stutters with a weapon. So the problem seems to be in the new vehicle hud display and/or the weapon icon on the side. I also noticed the icon turning on and off in intervals on the flash, no idea if this is further related.

Anyway, it would be nice if someone could perform this simple test to confirm but it definitely looks to be the cause of the problem for me.
    • Up x 2
  14. Gammit

I get this with everything; playing as infantry, in vehicles, etc.
    • Up x 1
  15. Tolas

whaaaat? this isnt a feature?

this is the exact reason i dotn dogfight with my reaver anymore, i just use them for transport from one location to the next now (though this has been a problem for me for quite some months now
  16. shd

Well, the new hotfix notes are up, nothing about this. While this is gamebreaking for the people affected i didn't really expect a fix this fast.

However, we could at least get some kind of acknowledgment of the problem. A tsr guy saying "we are aware of the problem, we passed the info to the dev team, thanks for the feedback" cause this really looks like you're not to bothered since it doesn't affect everyone.
  17. tigz

Same problem for me.
  18. GrandRise

Same problem for me. You're not the only one. It actually happened several weeks ago. Stuttering were so bad.
    Today, it's getting better.
  19. Jezs

I get this after the hotfix today, was completely fine yesterday. Seems to do it a bit while infantry as well, but not nearly as bad.
  20. Zombo

Same for me, i just got a new Graphics card today and was really enjoying how smooth PS2 finally ran for me (GTX 650 ti OCd is nice for PS2)

Just when i jumped into the Scythe, and flew into a direction, extreme stuttering started

I was kind of confused, seeing everything running better now but stuttering when flying, which wasn't occuring with my APU graphics...

good to hear it doesn't only happen to me and is not the new graphics card fault ^^

hopefully SOE can fix this, the game is hard to run as it is