March - Class Revamp: Light Assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Achmed20, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Corezer

wow DW is a bad idea, but at the same time I cant wait to sneak up on a sniper with 2 silenced rebels like a pair of AMT ballers, and take them out hitman style!
  2. Ailin

Higsby mentioned the possibility of ammo-scavenging from dead bodies for LA on twitter a month and a half ago. Give us that!
  3. Wolfwood82

I hate dual-wield tbh. The overly used concept has no basis in reality and is just a ****** Hollywood trick like people flying 600 feet back from a shotgun blast to the chest. Why? "it looks good bro!" no it doesn't, it looks awkward and clumsy and anyone who has tried it knows you can't hit old ladies from more then 3 feet away with both guns simultaneously.

But whatever, give LA things most LA don't want/need. Ignore our requests for TEAMWORK ****. Do whatever you want SOE, that's pretty much what you do best I suppose.

I honestly don't see us as having any outstanding issues other then bugs. LA is a good class right now, we don't need a fracking "revamp!". Our ammo issue is a good counterbalance and keeps us tied to the main group to a degree. The class NEEDS that weakness or else there is no point in certing into ammo belts which renders THAT cert pointless.
    • Up x 1
  4. HerpTheDerp

Yeah, a slight change like the binocs or moving the Adrenaline Pump away from the Suit tree and into the Passive tree would be enough. No need for crazy antics.
  5. Minsc

LA need a slight tweak not a revamp. Binoculars, a weapon tool, toggle-able jets, new form of jump jet and/or mobility passive slot. All those would be a welcomed addition, but I don't think we should get too much otherwise we would be over powered/popular. Ideally it would improve our synergy in a squad and not be something that makes us even more of lone wolves.

Higby mentioned in a stream earlier today that the revamps are based of popularity. But if real need is shown, they might move the order around a bit. I'm hoping that infiltrators get something soon so they can finally infiltrate effectively.
    • Up x 2
  6. Iridar51

Whoa, it's getting too hot. Relax, guys. I think "revamp" they mentioned is exactly what you want. Tools, with possible applications for teamwork.
    And mixing drifters and JJs sounds like a strong rework.
    And it's not like DW will break the game, don't use it if you don't like it. Most likely it's gonna be a niche thing, like shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  7. Walterros

Higby more or less confirmed we aren't getting Icarus jets back. They 'may' return in a similar form but apparently they caused all sorts of client communication issues, so instead of fixing that, they decided to just remove them. :rolleyes:
  8. Mattressi

>LA has double the DPS (half the TTK) of every other class
    >Not game breaking

Ok
  9. Krona

Lol dual adv laser SMG's GG.

I can't see this ever working.
    • Up x 1
  10. Iridar51

With what weapons exactly, in your opinion? I see DW applicable only to pistols and SMGs. I don't see how you can hit anything with that past 10 meters while DW-ing. And up to 10m shotguns already obliterate everything, so I don't think it's gonna be any worse than that.
    Have faith, game designers are not idiots, they won't make outright imbalanced solutions.
  11. Compass

Dual wielding is something bounty hunters do. We're not bounty hunters. Why would most of us trade in a grenade launcher for a second gun, for example? Really not much of a reason to do so, seeing as the grenade launcher provides us either smoke, a possible way to take down a Sunderer, or enough smoke cover to keep us alive.
  12. PartNinja

All I care about is added tools/utility for the squad, and tweaks to to the jump jet. Faction-wide spawn/locator beacons come to mind. Make the upgrade ticks more worth while for jump-jets and/or combine drifter/jump jets so you can swap on the fly based on the situation.
  13. Mattressi

If it was only pistols, it might not be too OP. As it is, shotguns at point blank have a TTK of 0.2 for autos and 0.24 for semi, while pistols have 0.69 (NC), 0.67 (VS) and 0.57 (TR). Halving those times would give 0.345, 0.335 and 0.285, respectively. This would be the lowest TTK non-shotgun (and non headshot sniper) weapon combo in the game, with just the default pistols. Then you must realise that they can be suppressed and are more accurate than shotguns (unless dual wielding will make them less accurate "hip"fired than shotguns?). There's just no way that I can see SMGs having a higher TTK than pistols, so it would be an even worse idea to allow dual wielding of SMGs, because they would be a direct upgrade from shotguns.

Essentially, shotguns would be made completely useless (other than slug sniping) if anything but pistols can be dual wielded.

Also, I'm not sure why I should have faith in the game's designers. No one is perfect and this game isn't balanced as it is. Unless they made dual wielding lower the RoF, dual wielding will always be better than shotguns (unless dual wielding handguns, but even then they would be better past 2 or 3 m). There just doesn't seem to be any reason to add dual wielding in - we don't need more DPS and it won't make for an interesting gameplay mechanic. What would do that is adding in something ACTUALLY useful, like a real adrenaline pump ability, forward and vertical thruster packs (thrust forward in one boost, then cooldown), and all of the many other ideas which LAs have thought of. I don't think I've once seen someone suggest dual wielding as an interesting new tool/ability for LA.
  14. Iridar51

Frankly, I fail to see the difference between 0.000001 TTK and 0.0000002 one.
    Don't think too much about DWing, it's a fun thing, at best. Besides, with all the negative feedback they get, I doubt they'll even do it.
    Game already has CQC one shot - underbarrel shotgun, its TTK is zero. Yet it's rarely used, because it has drawbacks. I imagine DW will have too.
  15. Mattressi

If you truly don't notice the difference, why not just play CQC with a pistol (not the TR pistol...)? Surely if TTK doesn't matter and your in very close quarters, your pistol should be fine against all the guys with high RoF carbines and shotguns? :rolleyes:

The underbarrel isn't used because it's a one-shot thing. If it had many shots, but was less accurate, people would use it. If it had high recoil, but many shots, people would use it. If it had high-spread, but many shot, people would use it. So, the only way to make dual wielding not OP when it has a high TTK is to make the guns have only enough bullets per magazine to kill one person if all of them hit.

I'm not too worried about dual wielding being done, since everyone hates it. But without people like me expressing their disdain for it (and explaining why), SOE would think everyone's cool with it. Hence, the complaining.
  16. Cirevam

Dual-wielding might be less widespread/more balanced if you had to buy another pistol in order to do it at all. As in, a brand-new player could not dual-wield because he is only issued a single primary and a single pistol, among other things. Also, the reload could take bloody forever in comparison to single-pistol reloads to help pretend that it's balanced.
  17. Wolfwood82

I don't even care about the "balance" aspect. It will be tweaked and hammered and chainsawed until it gets somewhere within the realm of "balance". It will be awkward and ******** as it always is, reloading will probably take about half again as long as reloading a single pistol takes, or whatever figure they decide is "balanced". Never mind that you are reloading them with a magical third hand.

I hate the concept itself. Every GD game out there where someone wields a pistol HAS to wield two for some stupid reason. We don't need it and this is honestly the first community in which DW has not been mentioned as something that would be cool. I was freaking proud of that by the way. Now the DEVs are saying "hmmmm HERE LET ME SHOVE THIS DOWN YOUR THROAT! MOAR TINGS U NO NEED!".

And I really doubt SMGs are going to take up a pistol slot. Then again, I could be wrong. After all, the DEVs don't seem to have a clue about guns to begin with sooo.... Dual Glock 17's for all!
    • Up x 1
  18. Xae

Things I want to see:
    LA usable ES HA Variants (Lasher, JH, MCG)
    Battle Rifles for LA
    Melta packs - Vehicle only C4

Some sort of armor custom for LA. Maybe a Flak/Shield Regen one, or one that blocks spotting and lets you scavenge ammo from enemies.
  19. Syphers

Scavenge ammo/c4,Binocular, Improved silencer cool stuff like that
  20. Lakora

On the first point I have to agree it does feels sluggish with both Drifter and Normal...

Also really? Re-thought or removed? Well fine I'll get my 1000 certs back than. If you think that way about drifters you haven't used them properly.
    • Up x 2