March - Class Revamp: Light Assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Achmed20, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Achmed20

2. vaxx

Dual Wield Shotguns.....
    • Up x 1
  3. Achmed20

hehe the first thing that came to my mind aswell ^^

but im now sure if they mean actively using 2 guns at the same time, or just be able to equip a second gun which you can switch too. i honestly favour the second gun.
    • Up x 1
  4. Sevre

I assume it'd be like dual pistols or SMGs, but it would be cool if you could choose to wield two weapons at once OR choose to have a second main weapon that you can switch to. In other words, once my Haymaker runs out of ammo I have a second one full and ready to use.
  5. Utilitybill

I read this as instead of ADS'ing you can equip a second small arms (pistol, SMG, Sawed-Off), similar to the MAX weapon set up. Basically only having the hip fire option for both weapons.

Edit: with a small sacrifice to COF to balance it out.
  6. Iridar51

Dual wield, while cool and such, would have a hard time being useful.
    I assume while dual wielding you won't be able to aim or shoot precisely, hence it'll be effective in CQC. In CQC shotgun is already a beast, killing infantry with 2-4 shots, so even more firepower would be overkill.
    • Up x 1
  7. Von_Lipwig

Please god, no dual wielding. It just doesn't fit in the entire setting IMO. The only ones who'd do it are the NC because yee-haw.TR and VS are clever enough to know that dual-wielding is mostly an action-movie thing that has no basis in reality. I'd rather see some more team-oriented things be added to the LA class, like advanced spotting mechanisms or sabotage tools. I would be okay with them adding the option to equip an SMG or something instead of a pistol.
    • Up x 4
  8. Ghoest

Im guesing that was a joke.
  9. Mattressi

Mate, only one of the people in this thread saying dual wielding would be cool is an NC. I still don't get why people think each faction has its own inherent intelligence/personality. There are morons in every faction.

For the record, I think dual wielding is a horrible idea and would break CQC gameplay. Every other class would be easily outgunned by the LA. IMO, the LA should be all about agility/mobility/speed - dashing around corners and over buildings in order to gain an advantage; not jogging through a building firing two guns like a 13 year-old's CoD fantasy. Give us more mobility (as I always say - a thrust ability which shoots us forward or upward a short distance, very quickly) and maybe some more team-based abilities/tools:not stupid rambo crap.
  10. Bigpapasquatch

I can only hope this mean we can carry a secondary weapon, as in a Carbine, a Shotgun and a pistol (or a combination). It would go a long way towards alleviating our ammo issues.

That said though, I don't expect it does. This is going to be some ridiculous John Woo thing that only a select few LA players actually use or find even remotely useful. I am hoping for the former though....
    • Up x 1
  11. Pat22

Being able to carry a second primary weapon would be incredibly useful, if not entirely overpowered. A guy could carry both buckshot and slug shotguns, making him deadly at all ranges.

Personally I think I'd carry my Solstice SF for short / medium ranges and a sluggun for medium / long ranges. I'd be good on the move and when I find a nice spot overlooking enemy infantry I pull out the shotgun for some sniping.
  12. Ronin Oni

^This is what I took from what they wrote. "ability to dual-wield weapons"

and I think it's a terrible idea.

Oh, and you can get Carbines with an underbarrel shotgun (or nade) so I really don't think they need 2 primary weapons either.
    • Up x 2
  13. Geomancer

I just wish they would give LA a tool that could detect and disarm enemy explosives. That would provide something good for a team (as well as solo) and if it only works while you have it up it would take the gun out of your hand for even a little bit. All that said if they just fixed all the bugs in the game rather than adding more buggy content I'd be good with it.

XP x 2 = Lag Squared
  14. Von_Lipwig

Dude, don't jump to conclusions! I have no prejudice whatsoever when it comes to player intelligence across factions. :) I meant the NC within the game's setting.

I was afraid I'd have to explain this if I didn't add a smiley, but doing that would have cheapened the joke. :p
    • Up x 1
  15. Trenyt

I'm not sold on the whole dual wield addition, I'm not sure it's even needed. Obviously if its a side grade then it can't hurt exactly, but there is plenty of other things that could be done with the class. The main thing at the moment that needs addressing with Light Assault is the lack of a tool, the lack of proper squad interaction and the damnable ammo situation.
  16. FilthWizard

Things I'd like to see for the class

1. Adrenaline Pump should do something worthwhile. The current increase in speed is too tiny to be worth certing into when I could go Nanoweave and take one more bullet instead.

2. It would be nice to have a bit more speed when jetting.

3. Drifter Jets aren't worth getting. They should be re-thought, or removed.

4. Either allow the use of Battle Rifles, or remove the ability to cert into Slug Ammunition. I admit this one is sketchy.

Things I'd like to see in Carbines.

1. Smoke should prevent spotting, and IR/NV vision.

2. Increase in fire rate for the TR carbines.

3. Increase in clip sizes for the NC carbines, or decrease in reload time.
  17. FnkyTwn

All the 'revamp' means is that they're gonna give LAs guns akimbo and take away your C4.
    And by then you'll also get to contend with flying Vanu MAXes. Good luck with that.
  18. Lokas

Oh I sincerely hope the akimbo thing is not true. I'd rather see LA get a tool of some usefulness, or C4 unlocked by default. Something to make the class useful before you sink 700 certs into it.
  19. Kon

i would like to see in addition to whatever they add , Assault rifles on LA something to give them more Long Range Ability + i would pay for a gauss on LA without a second thought
  20. HerpTheDerp

Dual wielding is stupid.

And so is announcing class changes two months ahead. Why bother playing now if it's all going to change, etc.