March - Class Revamp: Light Assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Achmed20, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ShumaKun

DW Beamer... what a shame
  2. Jadith

I really do not understand why they think LA needs a revamp, they are fine and fun as hell as is. Anyone thinking they bring nothing to team play is short sighted, imo. They bring plenty to a team, but most LA want to lone wolf most of the time, which is why the team utility may seem low. Really, the best things for a LA would come from tweaking things already in game, like removing the ability to spot through smoke.

Only tool I could see the LA wanting is one that already exists, the Infiltrators detection beacon. Although, even that does not work very well at the moment. Ammo scavenging would be nice, but, again, really only reinforces the lone wolf gameplay.

Dual wielding is a stupid, gimmicky idea. I wish they would stop pushing gimmicks that add nothing to the overall game. The lack of strategic decision making in this game should be top priority. Honestly, the infiltrator class needs reworking before light assault, but SOE has decided to fix what is not even broken with ****** dual wielding on top instead of tackling the real problems in this game.

On top of all this, I really do not want Sony screwing with our favorite class. Since it is not broken, like the infiltrator, any changes they make are more likely to make the light assault worse, rather than better.

We light assault players could do a better service to this game by telling Sony, as a single voice, to work on the real problems instead of tinkering with our preferred class.
    • Up x 2
  3. Iridar51

Yeah, I also been telling this to whiners crying cuz of empty tool slot.Didn't help.

But I feel like y'all overreacting. All they said they want to polish class, not rework it. I doubt it'll come to *use DW or die*.
  4. Corezer

Just thought of an entire revamp...

Jj upgrade bug fixed
    Smokes fixed to work against people with low settings
    Gave flash grenades audible detonation and hit indicator
    Removed smokes from grenade slot
    New tool, smoke grenade generator. Gives you smoke grenades, the maximum you can hold and rate of generation are upgradeable.
    Added sticky grenades to grenade slot
    Fixed sticky grenades

There you go, la are most capable of staying up front compared to other classes and can provide valuable concealment for allies to move up. They will be rocking much more powerful jet packs now that their upgrades work, flash will rock for clearing rooms, stickies well be much easier to use in flight

So the engineer doesn't share the sticky, move their c4. This will allow them to rock both c4 and at mines, further buffing the utility pouch upgrade and making engineers beastly threats.
  5. TooIndecisive

LA are currently good at two things. The first is harassment. You can keep 5-6 players engaged at a base because of your ability to kill someone, escape and come back for more over and over. Unlike the HA, you can't just run in and shoot the bastard--LA is a fantastic diversion and force multiplier in the kind of cat-and-mouse situations you see in smaller outposts. As for larger engagements, they end huge stalemates and trench-warfare, and can seriously mess stuff up from behind enemy lines.

What I want for the LA:
    EMP grenades (or something similar); sorry to take the infiltrator's thunder, but disabling a room you're going to clear is the LA's job, not the sneaky cloaker
    The ability for engies to deploy anti-personnel mines and other fun goods for these to take out
    Better smoke grenades
    Jump jets that are better for mid-air corrections/change in thrust vector (e.g. jetting forward, let go of space bar, go left and hit space bar again--you begin shooting off in that direction)
    Class-specific weapon: Submachine guns
    A carbine model that has a buttstock of some kind so that I don't feel stupid using it
    More interesting weapons (e.g. not standard full-auto "bullet" weapons--something unique and cool for each class)
    The ability to swap out the carbine for a dedicated AV weapon, like a mini-rocket launcher

The LA doesn't need more firepower, and it isn't really that gimped of a class, people just assume it should be used in similar numbers to the HA. A situational and very powerful class because of its mobility. The last thing we need to do is destroy any remnant of seriousness this game had with dual-wielding.
    • Up x 1
  6. vaxx

I just want the jump jets to actually upgrade to what the tool tip says. Spending all thoe certs to get just a tiny results is kind of sad.

Screww dual-wielding. Really reaching for the stars, but would love to use AR's.
  7. biterwylie

What ever is added to light assualt it should play to the classes ability to reach otherwise hard to reach locations.

Suggestion 1) Fix the JJ Cert Upgrade Tree - It is not right that L1 to L6 are almost identical.

Suggestion 2) Laser designator - A laser device to allow the marking of targets for either Air power or Artillery / Mortar Fire to direct guided missile etc

Suggestion 3) Ladder - Ladder to allow other infantry to scale a wall.

Suggestion 4) Allow dye to mix with jet fuel for smoke effect from JJ pack.
  8. MorteDeAmgelis

I hope that LAs do not dual wield pistols. I do not want tr to be able to dual wield that damned tx1 repeater. The ttk is similar to the merc as it is don't want a pistol to be BETTER then a carbine. It will just are TR las more powerful the. They already are with there 40 round mags and there 2nd carbine that I would prefer it if they just left it as it is. Even if that means I stick to a single magshot / rebel and my GD-7F.

And god help us if they can dual wield with that going to be most likely auto pistol. That is when I will quit the game if they can dual wield 2 auto pistols.
  9. Skiptis

I'll take dualwield if I can do it with the new NS revolver and get a long black coat to go with it. And if I can replace my helmet with only a pair of sunglasses.
  10. Iridar51

NC getting revolver? Really?
    Or you're screwing with me?
  11. Achmed20

more like a pistol shooting bucket shots (mini shotgun).
    check the roadmap, its somwhere at june / july if i remember right.
  12. Skiptis

NS stands for Nanite Systems. That's the bunch who constructed pretty much anything that needed constructing anywhere ingame. It was mentioned in the Command Center episode where they previewed SMGs. I'm assuming it's going to be available to all factions.

To be more clear, this is the thing:
    [IMG]

Have I mentioned that I'm in love with it already?
  13. Iridar51

Beatiful. Though their purchasable pistol already hits for 250 damage, I'm kinda scared of this revolver. Two shot? Brrr.