Mani biolab from Mani fortress

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nabtwat, May 20, 2017.

1. Nabtwat

It is not a hedge. Because it is not a singular base. Most of biolabs suffer from same thing, it only depends in which half of biolab you die.

If you die in the part that is closer you can keep your old respawn but otherwise if you venture too far into biolab, after next death you will respawn some other random place you do not want to be into. And that makes the things much less enjoyable when you do not know in advance which time you have to manually deploy and when you are ok. If you do not know that is a fairly common problem, then you have not played enough infantry in biolabs.

Aw frack here we go again. Smartpants yes, i created the sun the space and the earth, then i created the human race, the silicon chips, the computer platforms, this game, in which i created the biolabs, i created the teleport rooms, i measured the average distance between all of them then i intentionally made the respawn distance 200 or 300 meters less than that average. ALL BY MYSELF. Now please do solid work to pay the state for the rest of your life because obviously the money the state has invested in you by paying your school ... that was a total waste.
  2. FateJH

The main argument you and I have been having is not one of problem resolution but one of problem definition. The spawn system is a broken clock with new motors and redundant hands added over time to coax it to work in a way people find generally agreeable. Any pair of its derelict hands can appear correct twice a day while the whole clock still doesn't function.

Anyway there was not much more for me to say. Demigan and Lord Krelas already covered everything I would have said. The primary suggestion I give to everyone, whether or not the quick spawn system is the cause of their woes, also was mentioned - do not rely on the quick spawn system. Go select your spawn point manually from the deployment map. Not only is this approach straightforward, and offers the widest of variety, but it is also the method that invites the least amount of game-induced failure.
    • Up x 1
  3. Cymric

Just want to add that bio lab fight is very confusing for new players since that the mechanics of getting in can be very different from what they are use to and the auto spawn system is definitely not helping.

I often see noob sunderers parked randomly below bio labs and many clueless players will spawn into the sunderer and wander around aimlessly, wondering how to get to the point. I was one of these clueless player for a long time before I figured out jump pads and teleporter rooms. Heck, even when defending, I use to spawn at the backup sunderer below the bio lab and skirmish with the other equally clueless attackers milling around at ground level. I had ZERO clue on how to get in and out of the bio lab and was totally at the mercy of the spawn system.

A new player will not be able to tell a jump pad (or even a grav lift) is near to a sunderer just by looking at the map. Teleporters have icons, but even if a new player recognize it, he will naturally assume that it is a teleport within the same base instead of a teleport to the next base, as is usually the case.
  4. LordKrelas

Singular set of cases.
    There is , what 9 or so Bio labs, and a hell of a lot more normal bases.

You put the sundy there.
    You ventured outside your sunderer's "closest sundy" range when you died.
    You literally are the one who made it all possible.
    You need not have built the planet, if you drove a car into a railing, and complained about how you are in severe pain.

You intentionally parked the sundy in that location, and obviously are aware of the entire issue with that location.
    Education apparently didn't teach you about other countries: or that if you ram your head into a wall with your own hand, you are the architect of your own pain, not the guy who made the wall.

So yes, yes you did cause your own issue.
    You are welcome.

That is due to the entire design of the Bio lab in the first place - Something that should be addressed yes.
    If Teleporters actually had arrows, or something, it would save them time & confusion.
    Just not solve this fool's self-induced positional problem with auto-spawn not detecting his distant sundy.

Demigan's suggestion would however, if the user can't avoid making the same mistake for the 1038363+ time.
    But hey, the moment someone says that parking a sundy is an action done by the user in question, apparently said user must've made the entire game for that to be true.
    Aka, Logic isn't going to be found here.
  5. Nabtwat

Yes, random newbies are gonna put sundies down bellow biolab and this way they are going to hijack everybody respawns untill their sundy blows up. I hate this part too. I see this like an insult, like the game is saying "i dont care what you want, this is what i am going to do with you and your opinion does not matter".Tbh I am perfectly capable of figuring where i want to be by myself. But apparently the devs are stupid and hence not capable of figuring where they should be at, so they made the game to do this for them.