[Suggestion] Make Rank 5 Nanoweave Armor the Standard Damage Resistance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InsanePsycho, Apr 13, 2018.

1. adamts01

Or just reduce nanoweave to a point that it gives you an edge but isn't the universal choice. So instead of 20% let it be 15%.

I do agree with lessening the headshot multiplier, but not so drastic. Maybe +75% instead of +100%.

But... I'm not a fan of raising the ttk. The lower headshot should help a little, but body shots need to kill quicker. This game already has an insanely long ttk compared to most others, which heavily favors vets and those with dialed in aiming. Lowering it would actually be a buff to new players and would encourage better positioning over twitch aiming.
  2. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

I haven't used nanoweave on any of my LA/Engi/Medic setups in a year. Get better at not getting shot. If you and everyone else take more bullets to kill, you'll still die first. Leave nanoweave for people who think they need to be able to take more hits, because you do.
  3. Gustavo M

Yeah, let's reduce the only "skill-based" thing this game has and make this game as bland as possible, that even your mom will be able to kill "elite" players.
    As a 25% HSR (overall) ****ter... Seriously? Git gud.
  4. The Rogue Wolf

Headshots are the only thing that count as "skill"? Not positioning, not flanking, not timing?
    • Up x 3
  5. InsanePsycho

Dying is very likely and very easy in a game like this, and when we die too quickly it isn't fun, I agree. That is my point. The game feels more balanced and perfected when I am using Nano Weave; however, without it, It almost seems hopeless to battle anyone. With gunfire being so prominent, making the Rank 5 Nano-weave the default TTK would be a step in a good direction for this game in my opinion. I'm still on the fence about the headshot TTK reduction though, mainly because of long range 100m+ gunfights without sniper rifles, and competitive encounters. Maybe a smaller reduction, where we need to land one or two extra shots? I'm more than likely not going to use anything other then Nano Weave Armor though, it is simply to useful, and makes all other perks feel pointless. Having said that, I really hope they give this idea a try. If nothing else, we can always revert back if it doesn't work out. Even though I'm fairly confident everyone will love it, even the nay-sayers.
    • Up x 1
  6. Stoet

If you would make nanoweave 5 standard, next question would be to make flak 5 standard.
    There's already a base resistance u got. this is a way to increase it. if u make that baseline, a different suit would take it's place as primary pick.
    Now i don't run nanoweave on most, only on my HA and Medic atm, i like the 1 or 2 extra bullets on medic when getting people up, and well it's already maxed on Ha, and saving up certs for different stuff atm.

As it is only 1 or 2 extra bullets, at some points you will be good enough not needing it anymore(not calling you bad, but we all get better in time) leave it as it is, if you wanna take extra nades, pick them. you'll learn to play without the nanoweave in a matter of days, if not hours.
    You will get used to it!
  7. InsanePsycho

I thought about the Flak 5 being the next meta as a result of this. However, I do not believe that would be as redundant of an issue as the Nano Weave 5. Being that stepping on mines is purely user error, and the damage output of other explosions is already nearly perfect in terms of balance and user enjoyment. Also, Firefights in PS2 are very well done, and offer a great competitive atmosphere. However, it isn't really a matter of being, "good enough", as getting shot a couple times from any direction is nearly unavoidable in PS2 at times. So, those 2-3 extra shots that you can take with the Nano Weave 5 are crucial for survivability from those random encounters where we are basically getting ambushed, and offer a better feeling in terms of gameplay survivability as well. I've tried not using it multiple times, and I just can't get used to dying that quickly from infantry firefights; especially when it can sometimes take a while to get back to the fight.
  8. CutieG

Dude, this is a game where aimbotters get outplayed by legit players, thanks to sheer experience.
    This is only possible in a setting where there's skill beyond headshotting.

So no, headshot cheese is not the only kind of skill in this game. And it certainly is over-represented, as it's basically a TTK reduction.
    And this game suffers greatly from low TTKs, thanks to its clientside nature.
    • Up x 1
  9. customer548

I woud say that positioning, flanking,and timing are more related to "Opportunism".

You're telling that you are able to defeat an aimbot in a 1v1? Hum, 1rst time I hear of that, but congrats.
    Maybe nowdays aimbots are not as good as they were by the past ^^

Hitting a small hitbox (head) is more complex than hitting a large hitbox (body). Especially when 2 opponents are moving. I will not mention recoil, remaining amnos, and other weaponery related stuff.

Low TTK? I'm still looking for it with HAs and MAXs. That's why you have to hit their small hitbox only as fast as possible to defeat them. During the same time, they just have to pull the trigger and fill you large hitbox with bullets.
    Being able to negate the advantage of your opponent in a 1vs1 is "skill" related, I guess.

By the way, I do not think Nano Weave Armor is such a must have, except for indoor large fights.

On a sidenote, I do not think that giving everything to new players and/or make the game simplier would attract or retain more people.

Planetside2 is a sandbox with a learning curve. And reaching goals like saving Certs in order to unlock stuff for your character, reaching goals like 25-30 % Accuracy is definitly rewarding.
    Gamers need goals and rewards.
  10. Halkesh

Assuming a rework or nerf of nanoweave is a better idea than removing it or making it built-in, then I think it would be better if nanoweave gave a decent or better protection but at the cost of a huge drawback.
    For example, buff nanoweave to 25% for bodyshot AND headshot, but make it have strong drawback such as this :
    • MAX mobility speed and sprint acceleration
    • Permanent overshield glow
    • Doubled sprint deceleration penalty (from 0.2 to 0.4)
    With these 3 drawkbacks, I doubt even a 25% nanoweave will be the go-to.
  11. InsanePsycho

Just to be clear, when I said, "maxed Nano Weave Armor (5)" I was not referring to the Max's Kinetic Armor perk, or Maxes at all. Their perks can remain.
  12. Halkesh

Since you quoted none and you're the OP, I assume you're speaking to me.

I wasn't talking about MAX's kinetic armor. My suggestion was for nanoweave armor : add a drawback strong enough to it then buff the resistance to make nanoweave user mini MAX.
  13. InsanePsycho

I'm not sure, you may have simply brought it to my attention that it could have been misinterpreted with the way I worded it. I was speaking directly to anyone who reads this thread. Thank you for all of the feedback though friend! I love the PlayStation badge by the way, I wish I could get my badges to work and represent as well.