[Suggestion] Make Rank 5 Nanoweave Armor the Standard Damage Resistance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InsanePsycho, Apr 13, 2018.

1. InsanePsycho

Good evening, Daybreak and forums,

Can you please make the maxed Nano weave (5) armor perk be the standard damage resistance to gunfire in game, and remove the Nano weave perk. It almost completely invalidates all the other perks, being that without it equipped, it feels like we die within 2 shots. Thank you.

Dire
  2. InsanePsycho

Or at least make rank 4 the standard damage resistance, and remove the perk. Rank 4 feels about right in terms of balance.
  3. Prudentia

you take 1 to 2 bullets more with nanoweave... and usually you do that anyway cause you'll often be outside of max damage range.
    and Rank 4 and Rank 5 give you exactly the same bonus to gunfire.
  4. InsanePsycho

Those 1 to 2 bullets make a huge difference.
  5. Prudentia

so do headshots.
    • Up x 2
  6. InsanePsycho

It's for a more enjoyable experience for both parties. This way all gunfire is fair, and we have more perk options to play with. I didn't say I was having trouble killing enemies, I said, without Nano weave armor equipped, it feels like we die too quickly.
    • Up x 1
  7. AuraBliss

Even though this would make Max's harder to kill with standard fire.. because most max users use flak armor too resist c4 dmg this however would allow us to use other set ups.. I know this was asked before when they decided to give rank 5 to everyone, but honestly whats the point in that if its something thats common among everyone why not just apply it already so it frees up that slot for something else like ammo pouch or more nades, Like I hardly even use them nor do I put any certs into them because they are useless in comparison to armor.
    • Up x 1
  8. InsanePsycho

Exactly. I agree with the Maxes, their perk is different from Nano Weave however, it's Kinetic Armor. So that would be the only class with that perk option as an exception, for balance reasons. Great feedback, thanks!
  9. Sazukata

I think small arms resistance should be removed from Nanoweave period. We need to do away with "use this single option or be at a disadvantage" design failures. Reduce headshot multiplier on most primaries and pistols to x1.5 to compensate.

In addition, rolling some suit slots together would help make them viable, such as Grenade Bandolier + Ammo Belt or Adrenaline Pump + Advanced Shield Capacitor.
    • Up x 2
  10. Halkesh

This.
    I agree with the idea to remove small weapon resistance from the suit slot. But for the rest of kinetics damage type, I think they should be transfered to flak armor so it will work against every damage type a vehicle can bring, and will work against the weapons like caniester or banshee that deal both explosive and kinetc damage.

For the x1,5 headshot multiplier, it's a more debatable idea. For my part I can't say if it will be a good thing or not. If people die too quickly without nanoweave available then reducing then RoF of all weapons could be an option.
    Also, maybe the removal of the smallweapons resistance will make auxiliary shield a better choice ?

About the overall rebalance of the suits, assuming a smallweapons suit is no longer available, then then next better suit option will be grenade belt so I don't think it's a good thing to buff it.
    If you want to make ammobelt useful, this should be better : make it give extra ammo for the tool (spitfire, recon darts and RL are considered as tools) and remove rocket poutch since it's obsolete.
    Adrenaline + ASC might be good, but I would prefer to keep then separated and both buffed to be a sidegrade when compared to grenade belt and flak armor.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gustavo M

Or the devs could not make this game so clientside-reliable and actually do something about the "búll****s" that happens because of it (you know, folks instagibbing with SMG's, infiltrators killing others while cloaked, etc).
    ...wait, that's never gonna happen. Nvm.
  12. Eternaloptimist

IIRC nanoweave used to give increasing levels of resistance to small arms as you certed into higher levels, but now it gives the same resistance (20%) at all levels - but to a wider variety of weapons according to level. Please correct me if I'e read the notes wrongly.

I had some toons who never got to level 5 nano and I was going to cert them up eventually but when I read the notes I found that it would just give max resistance to anti material weapons, which I have never been shot with, in addition to all the others (small arms, vehicle mounted AI etc.) which were already maxed. So I saved my 1,000 certs.

I can see that there is still a choice to be made between running nano or running something else but that's fine by me.
  13. adamts01

No. This game is already punishing enough for most players because of its headshot or go home system. We don't need standard nano-weave, which would make things worse.

Instead, the headshot multipler should be lessened to 1.75 or so, then health dropped to keep the same ttk. This would make bodyshots a viable alternative if you're a bad shot, but still let the guy with better aim win, and still make headshots worth it without making them mandatory.
  14. Halkesh

Less total health with less headshot damage and built in nanoweave ? All I see it will make explosion more dangerous, at this point if your goal is to reduce the gap between HS and BodyShot, it's better to just remove nanoweave and keep the standard health and the x2 HS multiplier.
  15. InsanePsycho

I appreciate all the feedback everyone, thank you. Keep it coming!
  16. Halkesh

17. FateJH

"Get nano or be screwed" is a problem statement for people who can't plan how to leverage any control over their engagements except survive getting shot more than the other person.
  18. Halkesh

Maybe it was a poor choice of word from my part ?
    The point is if you don't take nanoweave, you'll be at a disadvantage because everyone and their mother use nanoweave. That's what I meant by being screwed. This armor is mandatory and leave no room for choice.
  19. HippoCryties

People like you will see something like this once or twice in your entire playtime and start raving that it happens all the time..
    I can already predict your reply “no, this happens to me every day”
    No it doesn’t
  20. Liewec123

make nanoweave default (or reduce damage to get the same result of slightly longer TTKs)
    reduce headshot bonus from 100% to 30%, headshots still count, and the guy landing headshots will still win that 1v1,
    you just never have an occassion (due to the clientside+latency combo of planetside)
    were you appear to die instantaneously to a 143 damage weapon out of nowhere.
    [IMG]
    like this...

obnviously sniper rifles can keep their headshot multipliers since OHK headshots are kinda their thing.
    but ALL other combat should see TTK increases, because insta death isn't fun.
    • Up x 2