[Suggestion] Make a new continent (or subarea) with no air allowed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Megrim, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Goden

Oh don't worry, I am. I dip into PS2 once and awhile but I promptly leave again.

SOE has made it crystal clear that they don't want my money at all, so my wallet remains closed and I will be taking it to someone who does want it.
  2. smokemaker

bye
    can i have your stuff.... woops not eve.
  3. Mathematics

You certainly have an interesting definition of logic. He completely missed the point I was making and then produced a red herring.

He implies that ground units are ineffective against air units by stating that since I'm able to kill a ground unit with a single clip, it must mean AA is ineffective. That doesn't follow. It assumes things should be balanced around ground units engaging ESFs 1v1. Do I seriously need to tell you how foolish that is?
  4. SenEvason

This thread seems to have derailed at some point.
  5. Mathematics

More hyperbole and unnecessary insults. Nice.
  6. Jestunhi

I forgot, only roflpods should solo everything, sorry.
  7. riker

hey guys heres an idea, lets just take the liberator out of this new continent and add more tank variety
  8. Mathematics

That doesn't follow either, and I can't say I'm surprised.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. :)
  9. Maximilious

No, I want to continue farming you...

thank you.
  10. PRAFTD

Seeing as I pilot and play AA almost exclusively, I will say that AA turrets are a joke. They are extremely squishy and dish almost no damage unless you have 3 or 4 of them shooting at you, which most people don't play collectively. Plus, in most cases AA guns are destroyed before they can be used. MAX suits are a different story, but most people don't have, not want to use, Bursters, so that point is moot.

Why would anyone want to play AA when they could fly an ESF or lib and rack up tons of certs?
  11. Jestunhi

Then educate me.

What single target can an Esf not beat?
    • Up x 1
  12. Goden

I've grown tired of caring.

SOE doesn't care so why should I
  13. MyOdessa

All pilots are just a bunch of arrogant ******** that ruin this game.

A continent with infantry only or with just infantry/ground vehicles would be fun.
  14. Mathematics

Not wanting to use a tool doesn't invalidate anything. If someone is literally going to avoid tools that make them effective, then I'm sorry, but it's a bit silly to then complain about being ineffective..
  15. Mathematics

So, yeah, you're posting in a thread about a game for which you don't care anymore. Makes total sense. :rolleyes:
  16. PRAFTD

When it requires multiple AA guns to take down a single ESF, that is imbalance. AA towers are supposed to be the bane of aircraft, not annoyances that can be snuffed out with pods.
    • Up x 1
  17. Mathematics

I already have. You chose to cover your ears and go lalalala. I can't have a rational discussion with someone like that. There's plenty of information freely available to those who legitimately want to learn. Take it or leave it.
  18. SenEvason

I don't know, I was able to fend off several Scythes and Liberators using the AA turrets at the Crown. Didn't kill a whole lot, but it was enough to keep them from bombarding our infantry and tanks while under siege.
  19. Jestunhi

No counter to offer then?

Fantastic.

:edit: I cover my ears? I thought I specifically asked you to tell me!
  20. Mathematics

A single ground unit not being able to solo an air vehicle with a single clip is called realism, not imbalance.