[Suggestion] Make a new continent (or subarea) with no air allowed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Megrim, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Megrim

It is getting a bit tiring everyday to run around ghost capping, or to be farmed by large lib/reaver squads. Can we get a continent where air units cannot be spawned, and soldiers must battle like men, and not little girls flying up in the sky and complaining if the AA in the game ever gets to a point where they are actually threatened?
    • Up x 4
  2. Mr. Mak

As much as i find these "REMOVE AIR" threads distastefull at best, that new Vulcanic continent they are working on is a perfect excuse to at least test the concept out.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ganelon

No.
    • Up x 2
  4. MilitiaMan

I would really enjoy a city environment sometime, in a game this massive it would be epic.

Make it the Capital on Auraxsis, futuristic city and such.
    • Up x 8
  5. Mathematics

Or you could ask two people with at least one brain cell to man AA turrets, AA MAX units, or ESF air support. Problem solved. The tools are there, if you aren't competent enough to use them, that speaks more about your abilities than it does about anything else.
    • Up x 2
  6. Jakko

There was a time in beta when AA was so strong there were few pilots in the sky. This led to tank zergs as far as the eye can see. I would like to see more Biolab/infantry battles but removing air will just change the name of pain from rocketpods to HE cannons.
    • Up x 3
  7. TheMeph

Yeah, that's always a fun conversation...

"Hey, you two wanna come run some AA support for me? You'll be 100% ineffective against ground units, so try not to die. And if one air unit does show up, you'll only stand a slight chance. Doesn't that sound like fun?!? Let's go guys!"
    • Up x 4
  8. Jestunhi

Pilots will never agree, they will insist they have the god-given right to farm you.

You must not be allowed to go somewhere where they cannot.
    • Up x 3
  9. Mr. Mak

Like i said they could try this out on the Vulcanic continet they are making. Especialy if there are lava rivers with bridges over them to force tanks into chokepoints.
    If it doesnt workout they can always say NS materials has developed a new engine unaffected by Vulcanic dust and its back to buisness as usual.
  10. Argento81

I want a continent where flak cannons launch blueberry muffins and air pads refill my espresso mug.
    • Up x 2
  11. Mathematics

Stand a slight chance? Aiming isn't hard. In fact, infantry don't even need to aim with g2a launchers. Get a couple HA to chain lock ESFs around the base your assaulting. Not a lot of skill involved there and takes very little coordination between two people.

If you aren't able to get a couple of people to cooperate for the betterment of the team, then I'm afraid your issues extend far beyond AA, and eliminating them from a continent won't fix people's unwillingness to play support roles.

AA is fine.
    • Up x 2
  12. Jestunhi

Spoken like a true pilot. :)
    • Up x 3
  13. Wily

It would make that support role unnecessary though, which would seemingly make some people happier.

Could we also get a continent where maybe the explanation is it's too cold for infantry or air vehicles to survive, and just have tanks? Maybe we could also have a continent where there's no viable ground, and all that can spawn are air vehicles.

That sounds like fun. Or one could go play WoT, CoD, or a flight sim.
  14. SenEvason

I don't want continents where air can't be used, but I am all for continents where flying is a challenge.
  15. CrunchSlamchest

Make Tech Plants = Liberator acquisition as well as MBT acquisition.

Problem solved; plus, the slaughterhouse environment would return to Tech Plants.
    I do miss the epic charnel events at pre-patch Tech Plants...
    • Up x 1
  16. Hosp

I've been asking for this since PS1. Don't expect it.
  17. Edmon

18. Wily

I like it.
  19. smokemaker

Dude, you in the wrong game. You willingly joined a game with aircraft,vehicles, and infantry.
    Now you want aircraft removed....
    Easy answer, go play a different game.
    • Up x 2
  20. RockHarder

spoken like someone who doesnt whine about everything, unlike some of the people in this forum

air is fine..i shot down a number of ESF's last night with the HA AA launcher then switched to burster max and downed a lib. more than that, I chased off a large number of planes. I was pulling my weight.

Sorry your team can't pull theirs
    • Up x 2