Major buff to CARV-9

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Badname2490

I'll keep my TMG-50.

They broke every other TR lmg so...yeah.
  2. Zaik

That was a bug that it was increased so much, the sniper tanks that shot from the newly renamed prowler hill and instantly blew up sunderers that just rolled out of the Crown weren't intended.

Fortunately it was a bug with something that next to nobody used up until then, rather than something everyone uses. TBH I'd probably use the **** out of it, but there'd be a lot of time I was sitting waiting for the action to get to me.
  3. {joer

Let me tell you a story from a week ago.

NC was taking Quartz Ridge and I was the ONLY defender. It was zerg vrs me. After a rather short while I found myself in the spawn, shooting at idiots who don't understand spawn shields. This seems to be a lot of people. I had a problem though. I'd have clear shots and NO ONE WAS DYING. I'd score some hits but they would get away before I could bring them down.

It was only later I realized that I had switched back to the Carv-S to see if they maybe unnerfed it with the update and I never switched it back (they didn't).

The Carv is only good in CQC but anything is good there, the Carv-S is only good as a place for my wasted money and certs. I'd trade all my LMGs (Carv, Carv S, MSW, Bull) for my SAW on my NC.

Boo hoo the NC have to buy a forward grip on the saw to help with recoil. I had to buy a new freeking gun + attachments to still not be quite as good. Oh and the MSW, same stats as the orion, only with bullet drop! Thanks.
  4. LibertyRevolution

Yes we are forced to crouch and ADS in order to avoid the massive flinch spam of your TR guns.
    • Up x 2
  5. Arkha3

Only good thing about the Carv is close combat and very moderate medium range. It has a real bad habit of spraying bullets everywhere but the target you're aiming at
  6. Lord Robert

The vast majority of changes made to this game are "not in the change log"
    This isn't new, its how they operate. I've come to believe things like this are very intentional, and I doubt very much it is an "unintended change"
    The original nerf to the CARV was not in the change log either, other than weapon switching times, if I recall correctly.