Major buff to CARV-9

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Rendezvous

Just got out of the game and I noticed a huge change to the TR's default CARV-9. The TTK has been lowered a ton and the size of the iron sight on it has been reduced noticeably. This gun is basically a death machine now to the point where it can just look at a player and insta-kill him/her.

Great job, TR balance team.
  2. Cougarbrit

wut

I haven't noticed this, is it new to this hotfix?
  3. capocapone

you still have to aim and land hits,i use a flash on mine cause my prob was the flashes of light all over when i was busting caps.But for me it was always better then any other HA gun i could get with certs for what i seem to be in...buildings besides the nighthawk.and i never use iron sights.i got the NV one or go with the reflex,and forward grip ,but just like any gun...some skill but you still will get killed and sometimes by a SMG
  4. Rendezvous

It's new to this hotfix, yes.
  5. Duvenel

Not in the change log, might be an unintended change/bug. Will wait for more feedback to get a more definite answer, but take it as a unintended change for now.
  6. LeanV

Exaggeration is the opposite of productive feedback. Data or silence
    • Up x 5
  7. Rendezvous

Says the TR. Jump on a NC/VS character and feel it. I saw people complain about the Prowler having too much shell velocity back in the last patch. TR kept silencing those people and the devs finally realized they set the velocity too high (200% tank shell velocity at siege mode).
    • Up x 1
  8. TheEvilBlight

Time to go mine the stat files to see if the change is real...
  9. Total_Overkill

So... nothings changed then?
    • Up x 2
  10. Rendezvous

It's a bigger death machine now. The TR can just look at you and you drop down before you can fire one bullet or know what you're getting hit by until the kill screen shows up and you say, "Oh, it's a CARV-9, what a surprise."
  11. MaxDamage

This.
    VS can't talk when they have the orion, and NC AI MAXes are still broken OP.

Personally I think you're imagining it, but the CARV was said to have been mistakenly nerfed a patch previously, ttk went up. Guess it was fixed. Hope they looked at the CARV-S too.
  12. capocapone

Thats what ppl said when i jump on them with the nighthawk...Wut tha Fugk was that man...One hitter.so it seems more like 2 shots..the carv you still have to dump alot to kill one guy. i know i use it allday at pointblank.and its not a one hitter.matter of fact its kinda weak depending on what class your shooting and what they got on.but cause of the clip size and firerate its to me better then all the rest for close combat in the HA class beside the nighthawk.Cause the nighthawk it dont matter if you have nano4 and a resist or not the carv does.
  13. Littleman

A bug wouldn't effect the damage or accuracy of the Carv, or it would have an effect on every weapon. Someone has to literally go in and deliberately adjust a few variables to have the weapon work differently than it was before. NC keep whining about their weapons having $#!% for accuracy and the RPM + flinch mechanics boning them, yet they're capable of crouching down and firing back just fine under my withering fire. I guess the Gauss SAW is horrifically OP now, or my cycler needs a buff.

I'm calling out a placebo effect for just having a bad night against the TR.
  14. Rolfski

False rumors. Don't listen to this propaganda.
  15. Fox Reinhold

It's unfortunate that I don't have a doubt in my mind that the devs would accidentally change something without knowing it. Also they never document all their changes. I'm not saying the Carv is changed, I'm just saying don't discount the possibility that there was an "accidental" change.
  16. Rendezvous

I'm starting to like how this thread is flooded with TRs defending themselves.
    About our AI MAXes, that's the only thing we have good, and it's only good in CQC, not in long ranges. The most effective range it can go up to is medium, and it takes about 7-10 shots from each hand to kill someone at medium range. Don't forget that we also have to cert into extended mags (1000 certs total) to get 12 shots in each hand. Otherwise, it can kill only about 1-2 people with the default amount of shots before reloading.
    • Up x 3
  17. Sharmanti

*Applause*
  18. Sifer2

Until someone does check the files to see if there has been any change it might as well be just rumor. I don't doubt they might have buffed it though as every good TR player has stopped using the thing in favor of MSW or TMG50.
  19. Littleman

Learn to control recoil. I love the Reaper DMR, AC-X11, and Gauss SAW, STOCK. I'm not kidding. They're the reason I want the account unlocks implemented pronto so I can have my camos as an NC. Additionally, from my experiences on the receiving end (as trustworthy a source as that will ever be) many NC have no problem hitting me with their weaponry. The higher RPM weapons are actually a rarer sight on the death overview.
  20. GamerOS

I'm an NC and I say:

Facts, datasheets, videos anything or GT*O
    • Up x 2