Lynx going to 896 RPM

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Flashtirade

Usually the "best" guns are determined by their performance in the most common situations, even if all weapons were perfect sidegrades. There's not supposed to be an option so blatantly superior to the rest, like pre-nerf ZOE or the Vanguard shield.

And about the Jackhammer, I have always disagreed with its addition to the game. It's the same problem as the Striker vs Annihilator dilemma: one of them has to be better than the other in order to stand out, and that's bad balance. If there were no other shotguns in the game then it would be okay, but that's not the case.
  2. GardenOfSilver

Why are we even cheering over a the frickin' Lynx? I'm seriously doubting I'd get a reason to dust it off and use it.

A new 167 damage gun with recoil and fire-rate balanced around that... Now THAT is worth notice! Pulsar C and Razor analogue I hope, would be great!
  3. PastalavistaBB

Even a 143/896 Lynx would still be counterable. There was no counter to ZOE, Harassers or the Striker and there's no counter to the Jackhammer, Vanguardshield or the NC Max. A 143/896 Lynx would still be more balanced than all of those.
  4. Flashtirade

What does countering have to do with this conversation?

And no it would not be balanced unless it had really bad handling. No gun approaches 2000 DPS (not really the best stat but it's the one that everyone likes to talk about and likely the one the devs balanced around) without significant downsides (like the MCG's fire cone).

Unless you want to go full power creep, then I can play that game too. Give the NC a 167@698RPM carbine while it retains its relatively fast reload and the handling mechanics of the Mercenary. It's counterable!
  5. Goretzu

I find them all fine (relatively), it's you that were saying the Jag is unuseable at 60m. :confused:

No I'd agree the Jag is better hence the stats difference, the major problem with the AC-X11 it is doesn't really mark out its own role, but it is overshadowed by other options, unlike the Jag which stands up well to both the Lynx and Trac 5.

The Jag is much easier to use at that range, and ADSing it has more movement potential.

But again the "problem" is not the GD-7F or Serpent or Lynx so much as how much the Jag would make all 3 redundant when stacked against it.
  6. minhalexus

The MCG is getting a buff.
    The MCG is the best "mini-chaingun"

TR needs to wait and see, before calling buff threads.

They definitely are getting weapon diversity.
    • Up x 1
  7. Posse

DPS at long range is irrelevant
  8. Flashtirade

Raw DPS is not a very useful statistic in the first place.
  9. Posse

At close range it actually is.
  10. Paperlamp

So, you've got nothing against the Lynx being a GD-7F clone I assume?
    Maybe it gets a right recoil angle instead of left so it can be technically different.

Obviously TR wouldn't even use it when they have the Jaguar, right?

Let's agree on this so we can stop with the Jaguar is the best carbine ever nonsense. Let us "downgrade" from the Jaguar to the GD-7F, and see how we'll gladly nerf ourselves for you.
  11. FactionTraitsFTW

Yes to new Lynx and more 125 damage primaries for TR!
    No to 167 carbine!

Btw, you peope complaining about 2% less dps are a bit ridiculous. You dont even know whether the GD7/f and Serpent will even keep their current dps.
  12. Flashtirade

The range at which raw DPS matters is much shorter than the average engagement range for infantry, even within buildings and other crowded areas.
    And no one has perfect accuracy within 10 meters either, mainly because of player movement and bullet spread due to cone of fire bloom (bursting resets the cone but also invalidates DPS, which is calculated by maximum rate of fire i.e. holding the fire button down).
  13. Bankrotas

Personally, that's fine with me. You do know, that clone means 30 bullet mags? Personally, I wish for NC to have 167/625 damage model cqc carbine rather than GD-7F, but it is actually our only CQB carbine option for now, that's why I use Cyclone rather than that, since I am/was bad with 143 damage tier in whole..
  14. Paperlamp

I have no issue w/30 round mag, it's not that often that I use the extra 10 bullets before a reload anyway + our carbines have longer reloads and high horizontal recoil due to it so good riddance to the 40 round mag I say. It's not worth it if we have to trade damage, accuracy, and reload speed for it. Same reason the hailstorm is a PoS.
  15. Bape

Are you slow in the head or it just that time of the month for you?

ZOE - Yes it was OP but no counter??? Deci/AV grenade/c4/ bullets those are counters
    Harassers - Yes they were annoying but again lock on/ tanks/ ESF/Lib are also counters
    Striker- Flare or get behind cover also a counter
    Jackhammer - lol just lol you actually believe there is no counter for a shotgun lmao??? seriously I hope this is trolling
    Vanguard shield - plant c4 and kill out the timer or wait until the shield die out also a counter
    NC max- Range is counter. overwhelming numbers is counter due to low ammo pool. Rockets is counter. c4 is counter. bullet is counter. tanks are counter. AV grenade are counter.

Yes they clearly have no counter at all :rolleyes:
  16. Paperlamp

The world of Bape, where anything that can potentially destroy/kill something is obviously a counter to it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Aegie

A weapon with NC damage, handling and ammo but TR ROF = OP because DPS would be extraordinary- where is the drawback?

A weapon with NC damage, handling, ammo and NC ROF is an NC weapon through and through.

There is a reason why accuracy and DPS share an inverse relationship.

If people want to play NC they should play NC. If people want to play TR they should play TR.

The solution to TR's "fun/diversity" issue is not giving TR NC weapons- that is, in fact, the opposite as it is both boring (those weapons already exist in the game) and decreases diversity (those weapons already exist in the game).
  18. Paperlamp

I shouldn't have to play on the dumb faction to get accurate guns, especially considering:

No, these traits aren't well balanced, but someone who originally chose TR should be more than a little irritated that our weapons are so inaccurate relatively.
  19. Aegie

Okay, so what weapon stats would you like to see?
    • Up x 1
  20. Goretzu

I'm not stopping you or letting you do anything; that's nothing to do with me. :D

The Lynx being a GD-7F clone would have been one way to got, certainly, but SOE seems to have chosen another way (one which addresses the main complaint - not being top in RoF).

I do think anyone would be being a bit daft to want the Jag turned into a GD-7F clone over the Lynx being so though, as the Jag is so very nice and the Lynx is close enough to the GD-7F to start with.