Lynx going to 896 RPM

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Goretzu

The AC-X11 minimum bullet damage is 143 not 200, if it were 200 (as you suggest above) it would be a beast indeed (but it's not). :confused:

Jag 112 / 750 = 1400
    AC-X11 143 / 500 = 1191

I've absolutely no idea what kind of bizarre argument comparing the Jag minimum bullet DPS to the AC-X11 maximum bullet DPS is though. o_O

I'm just pointing out what an incredibly sweet position the Jag has, in handling, in mag size, in close range maximum DPS and long range minimum DPS, in ADS speed etc.
    • Up x 3
  2. Goretzu

It's the TTK combined with the minimum bullet damage (which is likely to be a Carbine comparative levels ~100) and the 40 round mag, I think.

The 125/896 Lynx will have basically the same (or so close as to be unnoticable in game) TTK as the 143/800 one, but will have the advantage of better RoF.
  3. Paperlamp

Because as I said and you seem to've completely ignored, the Jaguar's min DPS is completely irrelevant because its recoil and CoF will literally never make that DPS possible to achieve. The AC-X11 will be hitting far more frequently at 60m+.

The Jaguar is absolutely not the best carbine right now, it's not accurate enough to be the best all-rounder nor is its DPS high enough to be the best close range. There's some value in extra bullets and .75 ADS, but its other stats are so watered down it's not worth it anymore.
  4. Goretzu

Then why did you use it's minimum damage? :confused:

Jag 143/750 = 1787 (max)
    AC-X11 200/500 = 1666 (max)

Jag 112 / 750 = 1400 (min)
    AC-X11 143 / 500 = 1191 (min)

Either option shows how nice the Jag actually is.

However I completely and utterly disagree that the Jag is "useless" at its mimimum damage range of 60m, if anyone can't hit things with a Jag at 60m it is most definately not the guns fault.

It is IMO the best generalist close/mid range Carbine in the game, the idea that it is anything other than plain great is silly.
    • Up x 3
  5. Paperlamp

No, it does not show how nice the Jag is. This is such a pointless comparison. Let me show you how moot this point is:

If we're assuming it's going to be accurate at every damage range then ...

GD-7F

2013 DPS max
    1408 DPS min

Beats the Jaguar so what is your point?

Neither the GD-7F or the Jaguar are actually hitting their highest potential minimum DPS at the ranges it happens because of their accuracy related statistics. The AC-X11 will come far closer than either of them because of its low horizontal recoil, adv forward grip and comp access, and low starting CoF.
  6. Goretzu

The GD-7F is much less handlable than the Jag, if you can't hit anything at 60m with a Jag (which you claim you cannot - personally I do quite well with both at that range) then you certainly can't hit anything with a GD-7F.

The Jag is not the GD-7F equverlent either, the Lynx is.

The Jag however sits in the same niche as the AC-X11 (the AC-X11 is NOT a long range Carbine, as its minimum DPS and velocity clearly shows) of a Close to Mid range generalist. Certainly they are at difference ends of that niche, but I know which one I'd take give the choice and I know which one performs the best statistically.
  7. Paperlamp

So we're going to ignore how much more accurate the AC-X11 is, but when it comes to a slightly harder to handle GD-7F vs. the Jaguar suddenly it's an issue? :/

Jaguar is not at all in the same niche as an AC-X11 either. AC-X11 is an mid-range and more stationary weapon that can reach out to longer ranges with much more effectiveness as well as dramatically reduce TTK by pinging people in the head due to very low horizontal recoil and pinpoint first shot accuracy with high damage bullets. If you're behind cover or camping in a nice spot it's a beast because it will take out targets behind cover and/or at mid ranges way more effectively and has excellent still ADS accuracy. Jaguar is a more run and gun style weapon for close-close mid ranges.

NC doesn't quite have an equivalent to the Jaguar, but the GD-7F is similar even when it comes to mid-range performance due to the much higher velocity and lower TTK making up for a bit more handling-demand on the recoil due to angle(with a foregrip it's pretty manageable and far better than a Lynx). Really the Lynx is barely in the equation currently since there's very little reason to use it over the Jaguar since it's not going to beat the Serpent or GD-7F, and even VX6-7 will be better past hip-fire ranges, so you may as well get the less annoying recoil and higher versatility of the Jag for a DPS hit.
  8. minhalexus

This is how the damage tiers are divided:

200 damage x 5 bullets = 1000 damage
    167 damage x 6 bullets= 1002 damage
    143 damage x 7 bullets = 1001 damage
    125 damage x 8 bullets = 1000 damage
    112 damage x 9 bullets = 1008 damage

See the pattern?

It would not make a huge difference even if they made the lynx 130/896.
    It would still take 8 bullets to kill an enemy.
    • Up x 2
  9. PastalavistaBB

Unless the new Lynx is going to be a 143/845 or 143/896 weapon, they shouldn't change it at all.
  10. Takoita

What the fudge are you on about, people? Let's wait for the thing to actually show up on PTS before getting the ******** out, shall we?
    • Up x 2
  11. minhalexus

With all the hate for the Lynx coming from the TR, i would say change it.
    Personally i would like it better than the old lynx.

Besides at the end of the day, it gives you more weapon diversity.
    TR will be the exclusive faction to have access to 125@896 RPM guns.
    • Up x 2
  12. Aegie

Which is also to say that it does not make a huge difference if they leave it at 125 like everything else.
  13. Aegie

And maintain the extra mag ammo and handling characteristics?
  14. Flashtirade

I'm sure you'd be willing to deal with horrible side-to-side recoil and an even longer reload, right? It does have to be balanced after all.
  15. PastalavistaBB

Well, I'm already using the Jaguar.
  16. Flashtirade

If I'm not mistaken, I thought the Jaguar was supposed to be the one that was easier to handle. I mean, that's what the TR have been saying for months.
  17. PastalavistaBB

True. Now think how horrible the Lynx is. I still don't like the handling of the Jaguar after the hipfire and 0.75x ADS Movement Speed weapon nerf.
  18. Flashtirade

Well if the RoF was buffed (which it is) without dropping the max damage, the penalty would have to be in handling. I mean, you can't just make a gun straight up better than anything else in the TR arsenal or out of even out of all carbines.
  19. PastalavistaBB

Why not? For example, Jackhammer is the best shotgun available by a far cry. There has to be one "best" in every category if it's even slightly better. Otherwise we could all use NS weapons.
  20. Nocturnal7x

Over a year later and they are still messing with the balance of weapons that have been around since launch. They really need to cut some staff.