Lower the air skill ceiling

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thatoneguy123, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Goretzu

Yeah they'll have to do that I think, simply because the current system won't work well on PS4 controllers, although whether it'll be changed over to PC PS2 isn't certain I suspect it would be simply because it'll be easiest to keep both versions as similar as possible.

Someone was saying there'd even be be aiming help for the PS4 version.
  2. McToast

Moin

No. I'd rather have the skill ceiling for all other aspects of the game increased. Infantry gameplay is not difficult and has a very low skill ceiling. The only thing that may be hard for a new player is the huge scale of the battles, but once you got used to that there is not much room to improve. They could start by making weapons a bit harder to controll, for example by increasing v-recoil by 100-200%.

The airgame is fine, except for those "newb-friendly" weapons that dumb the game unnecessarily down.
  3. Guppet

It needs to be more accessible. It's easily done too.

The big barrier is the fact that you have to wait so long to pull your next ESF, that you can't really get much practice.

The cost and cooldown should be determined by how certed the ESF is. A stock, uncerted ESF should cost 100 and have a 3 min cooldown. A fully certed ESF should be 350 and have 15 min cooldown (which can be reduced like it currently can).

That way you can get far more practice, while not allowing fully tricked out ESF's to be everywhere.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jrgsubzero

What about the problem of being clipped before really getting into the fight? The funnest fights I've had are with people on my skill level, but there aren't that many non-ace pilots in the skies since us mediocre pilots get killed so easily by them due to the huge skill gap.

Which I think is the problem. The gap between decent and ace is too wide in my opinion, as opposed to other forms of gameplay.