Lovely slideshow I'm getting.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BlackDove, May 29, 2013.

1. BlackDove

There are a lot of stupid people, who say a lot of baseless, idiotic things, and can't seem to comprehend the simplest things on the internet. You're taking it to new heights though. I really don't understand how someone can be so oblivious, and then discuss logic, as if they were capable of using it.

I'll repeat it one last time, as clearly as I can, so you might grasp it.

I'm usually at my Vsync, regardless of graphical complexity, or PhysX effects. I'm CPU limited when lots of people are around. My minimum FPS is about 5 fps lower than yours, despite your overclocked CPU and your Titan.

That should indicate to you that the GPU doesn't have to work all that hard to render this game at 1920x1080. Given the fact that it doesn't even use real anti-aliasing, that's to be expected. The PhysX effects aren't that hard to run on a GK104 GPU, either. People with GK106's run PhysX and Ultra just fine, so logically a GK104 should be able to handle it.

In case you can't figure it out yet, Ultra primarily affects the GPU's workload, not the CPU's. This is why people get so confused as to why they get the same FPS on low and high graphics settings.

Now, let's examine your "logic" or lack thereof.

Why would PhysX break for me, and a bunch of other people at the same time, despite our various configurations of hardware? My friends with overclocked i5-3570K's, i7-3820's and anything from SLI 680's, a 4GB 680, dual 580's have all had to disable PhysX because of the same issue. Suddenly SLI 680's can't run Ultra, despite having greater FLOPS and memory bandwidth than a single Titan?

The PhysX crash to desktop occurs with Ultra off as well, on their machines, and a bunch of other peoples'. Can you not read? Do you not notice the countless people with crash to desktop issues since GU9?

Here's one: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-crashing-every-5-mins.130869/

And you don't seem to understand the "stutter and crash to desktop". It's not like my framerate drops really low, because of some complex scene or a bunch of people, then crashes the game because everything's overloaded. It's the crash where the game becomes unstable, then drops to 1fps or less for a second as it crashes. It doesn't matter what's going on, on the screen, ad it usually occurred when I was in a fairly unpopulated area.

PhysX has been broken and fixed with several updates, with or without Ultra, so it's also unlikely that my computer went from more than adequate to run it to unable to, and it's much more likely that some modification to the game has made it unstable again, since it was running just fine before GU9.
  2. Alchonis

Why are you arguing over his computer?
    Do you really believe this game requires that much power to run properly?

This game has NO advanced features or technology what so ever!!
    NO DX11 or DX10, NO multicore support, NO physics, NO volumetric fog/lighting, NO realtime reflections, Textures that would be embarrassed by Quake 4...

Yet it runs so bad that this forum is full of hundreds if not thousands of posts about it.

It runs bad because it is extremely poorly designed and optimized, or rather it isn't optimized.
    Some of the monster machines that people post on here and they are getting as low as 40-30 fps in big battles... THATS A DISGRACE!!.

For the record my average FPS is 30 and my computer at peak is pushed to 12.73% by planetside 2, if I leave it minimized I can play Metro Last Light at 40 FPS average and Fallout New Vegas at 80 FPS.
    All the Action takes place on 1 core and 1 core alone, so I have the vast majority of my computer which sits there idle while I pull my hair out cause I cant hit anything with a slideshow.

Please don't hate the guy complaining about a genuine issue.
  3. BlackDove

Speaking of things which are genuine, I don't think YoXn ever posted a picture of his dual SLI 780's, so I think it's probably fictional, and not genuine. Spmokc73 clearly doesn't have a clue about how to set up his Titan, since he gets 5-10fps more than me, with his supercomputer.

IDK, but I'd sure like to see some of these guys computers, since they make such bold claims, wouldn't you?
  4. spmokc73

annnnnnnnnddd there is the predicted post, LMAO!!!
  5. BlackDove

aaaaand there is the predicted lack of a response to any of the points I make.

Keep bragging about your computer when you get 5 fps more than something that's supposedly inferior. You, and your supposedly awesome computer, are laughable. Thanks for the laughs.

You're clearly very bad at building/setting up/using computers, so you might want to hire someone to do it for you next time, since you can't seem to get yours to work properly. You should be getting 2x the framerate I do, right? LOL
  6. spmokc73

Even better lol!
  7. BlackDove

IKR? You must be really mad that you wasted all that money on something that doesn't work properly. And why buy those cheap Asus monitors? Their Delta-E sucks.
  8. spmokc73

Lol...please continue, this is awesome.
  9. BlackDove

Not as awesome as your attempt to be condescending by pretending to be aloof, and therefore superior.

You're just coming off as incompetent, however. That tactic is the last resort of hubristic morons, who've failed to make their point using logic or facts.
  10. spmokc73

Yeah that's what it is, tell me more.
  11. BlackDove

You bring up logic, and fail to use it repeatedly. What you're doing right now is a perfect demonstration of your hubristic incompetence.

You think you're "trolling" me by getting me to respond, right? You think that by doing so, you'll make it look like I don't know what I'm talking about and that I'm so stupid that I missed your carefully constructed logical point.

Except you had no point, never made one, and only interjected so that you could brag about your supposedly awesome hardware, which performs almost no better than my "inferior" hardware.

At some point, you must have realized you were full of it, and had to backtrack, taking the position you are now: hubristic and aloof, while obviously incompetent(since you couldn't make a valid point).

I don't think you're oblivious to your own incompetence, however. More likely you just don't want to look like a complete idiot, and the only way you can do that, is by using vacuous one-liners, thinking that you're showing everyone that I'm somehow unaware that you want me to respond. Right?

However, I'm bored and wasting your time like this is quite amusing, as well as revealing of your intellectual depravity. You make this too easy.
  12. BlackDove

That was from last Thursday LOL.

I guess you weren't done wasting your time with me... You know, getting me to continue to respond to make me look bad... Oops!

At least YoXn and his fictional SLI 780's gave up.
  13. spmokc73

Classic....him angry.
  14. BlackDove

Ah, the aloof, condescending one-liner. That always gets 'em!

You've been "done wasting your time" for five days now, yet I'm angry?

I'm laughing my butt off at you right now and linking my friends to see this. You're so entertaining!
  15. ZEPLN

Dude, you've been trolled off-topic in your own thread.

On an OP related note, GU09 introduced some stupid FPS stuttering every time I get near large facilities or populated fights. GU09 definitely did something bad.
    • Up x 1
  16. BlackDove

Oh? I hadn't noticed LOL.

But seriously, it's just PhysX being broken again. Everyone I know who runs PhysX has had to disable it because they crash to desktop every few minutes with it on(dual 680's, 660Ti's, 660's, dual 580's doesn't matter).

I'm just having fun seeing how long he'll maintain his façade of composure while failing to make a point and making himself look bad. The issue was fixed like five days ago when he said he was done with this thread.
  17. ZEPLN

I'm running my 680 but I have PhysX turned off since the last round of crashing in 08. I guess I should see if it turned itself back on or something.
  18. BlackDove

It could just be that your PC is an inferior POS like mine LOL. I mean, you only have a 680 and a 3930K.

But seriously, GU9 is like GU4 in terms of stability. Even with PhysX off, after a few hours of play it gets glitchy from the memory leak(at least I'm told that's why).
  19. ALeviathan

I just played a 3 hour stint. No memory leak. No flashing. No warping. No massive FPS drops. No Dsync. No crashing. No lag. No stutter. No hit rego problems and so on. So really, what's wrong?
  20. XRIST0

In any other game but Planetside 2 he would get double your frame rate easily ..

You are using a i5-2320 and a 660Ti , nothing to brag about .

Disable PhysX , get on with it .