Looks like the Tank Cannon and rocket changes are going to go full speed ahead to live :(

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Scr1nRusher

Even after the community was fully against both sets of PTS notes even happening in the first place.

I hope my title isn't going to be true, but knowing SOE's history :(.

These Tank and rocket changes are just bad, and we all know it, and they will have bad gameplay ripple effects and repercussions.

Afterall this time of finally getting infantry and vehicle combat actually in a solid state, they are going to mess it up.

If they wanted to actually lessen rocket spam they would have removed the dumbfire from the 6 ES lock ons(the 250 cert G2G and G2A ones).

So people would use those rockets to focus(lock on) on there intended targets rather then be used against infantry.

Lock ons were never supposed to be able to be dumbfired.

Also if they were going to nerf Tank cannon splash, they should have reduced HE tank rounds splash radius form 8m to 7m and reduces the HE's damage on heavy armor.
    • Up x 7
  2. Ranik

As an addendum. Tested the Marauder changes. At 100m it's almost negligible. Basically a notch of difference on the range finder.

So far it's not really what I would consider a buff so much making slightly more usable.
    • Up x 1
  3. Scr1nRusher

As I've said many many times.

The Canister and marauder need a bigger magazine(20 rounds), Better velocities and damage drop offs.

that way all 3 ES AI are good.

I hope SOE comes to there senses soon(also listens to me), the Tank Cannon and Rocket changes will no more harm them good longterm.

I even gave them(on several occasions) better alternatives to what they are trying/planning on doing.
    • Up x 4
  4. SeanFree

A lot of tank changes SOE tries to make are stupid, I'll give you that.

But the rocket launcher nerfs? Negligible at best. Nerfing splash damage a bit just means they won't be quite as cheesy in choke points, they'll still one shot infantry with a direct hit.

Unless they're using higher ranks of Flak armor, which is EXACTLY what flak armor is for.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scr1nRusher

you don't understand it do you, its going to PROMOTE more rocket spam if they nerf the splash.

They never had(and shouldn't) to touch the dumbfires, they were in a good place overall with the relationship of flak and higher levels.

They should remove the ability of those 6 lock ons dumbfire ability.

I've been saying all of this over and over for quite some time now...... Because I am right.

6. Regpuppy

How? I'm serious, please tell me exactly how this would promote more rocket spam.

Define "good place overall" since flak does not prevent oneshots on anyone but heavies with their NMG or Adrenaline shield up. The direct + indirect both apply when you smack someone with it, so the damage exceeds 1000.

After the change, rocket primaries will STILL be able to oneshot, as long as a person doesn't have maxed flak armor. While flak armor would prevent a oneshot, but still leave someone critically injured.

This would change very little, in regards to rocket primaries.
  7. Elrobochanco

The changes are needed. Dedicated spammers may not like em. But the vocal forumers are probably not the ones in the stats rage quitting after being on the receiving end or bug reporting about the bs of it.
    • Up x 2
  8. Scr1nRusher

it will require 2 rockets to splash someone out/kill, rather then 1.

will....... you STOP using that term "Rocket Primary"

it doesn't exist.

Rock deaths are rare, You don't see every HA using nothing but rockets...... cmon now.

Forumside over hyped/fearmongered the "problem". the Term "rocket primary" came out of the blue, just like the complains.

Do you understand that??????

Rocket Primary...... does, not, exist. I can say that as someone whos been playing since Beta, threw all the crazy stuff etc.

Forumside successfully made the Game Dev THINK a non issue, is a issue. wrap your head around that.

It started with forumside, then it moved to reddit, and then higby fanned the flames with a few tweets.

I want you to understand that these changes ARE unneeded because they "solve" a problem that NEVER WAS THERE/EXISTED.

The fact that your throwing around the "rocket primary" term shows that forumsides overhyping had a effect on the community.

The rocket changes ARE unnneeded.

I mean have you looked at them? They are even nerfing the NS annihilators damage....... and THAT CAN'T BE DUMBFIRED.

ALL THEY HAD TO DO..... if they wanted to nerf rocket spam(heavily might I add), Was Remove the dumbfire from the 6 ES Lockons..... as I've been saying over and over again.
    • Up x 4
  9. Scr1nRusher

They are NOT needed.

We finally after 2 years have great infantry and vehicle balance overall.

Do you know what these changes will do to the games meta/long term ripple effects?

Combined with the RR..... it truely will be Infantryside.
  10. Ranik

No they aren't. They aren't addressing the real issue (Tank spam) and are instead nerfing a non issue (individual tank power)

A tank is a ******* joke. 10-30 tanks is unstoppable. The endless infantry whine instead wants nerfs to tanks so they basically nerf the ever living **** out of any individual tankers gameplay while not actually solving the problem.
    • Up x 4
  11. gnometheft

super excited for rocket launcher splash damage to come down. I can't say too much about the tank canons, I'm not particularly upset though.
  12. Runegrace

So modest, too, even when all your ideas are unassailable.
    • Up x 2
  13. drhead

A few problems with this:

1. Rocket Primary users will just use the dumbfire rocket launcher or the Decimator. These are the most common ones anyways, even with the Deci's inferior velocity. Almost nothing will change except slightly less lock-on use.
    2. What reason would there be to not use the Annihilator if both the lock-ons are just half an Annihilator? They were made able to dumbfire on purpose, and they still do less damage than a regular dumbfire against everything.
    3. You're ignoring that the problem is people blindly firing a rocket in the general direction of an enemy, having it hit the floor near their feet, and having that 1HKO them. That is what is being addressed by the patch. Plus, if you actually bother to aim before firing, you can still 1HKO infantry.

You do realize that changing the outer splash radius down 1 meter is hardly going to have any effect at all, right? And HE tanks are already almost guaranteed to lose against a HEAT tank, and absolutely guaranteed to lose against AP unless the enemy tank is driven by an idiot.
  14. minhalexus

What if each faction can only spawn 1/2 the number of MBTs according to population.

So that the other half, will actually need to GUN another MBT if they want MBT gameplay.
  15. Scr1nRusher

yet they are completely fine, and doable.

They don't break the game balance, I make sure of that.
  16. Scr1nRusher

how about you actually read the roadmap/go on the PTS and see the Resource revamp?
  17. Scr1nRusher

1) the rocket changes are unneeded and will promote MORE rocket usage inorder to kill targets.

2) the Tank changes solve nothing.

The Resource revamp will solve more issues with tank spam then these changes(which are unneeded) will.
  18. Scr1nRusher

it actually would do something.

more people would survive the splash radius.

Also think of it like a RTS, Anti infantry Tanks suck vs Armored vehicles and will lose in combat straight up against AP.

people would still use the lock ons....... to LOCK ON to targets( Air or Armor).

Also..... did you not READ what I said about "rocket primary"???????

BTW I did explain how it would cut down on rocket deaths(which are already very rare) by a significant portion.

TO LOCK ON TO TARGETS........ thats why they purchased the lock on in the first place.... to deal with air or ground.

People buy lock ons..... to lock onto targets, not to dumbfire against infantry......

Its a trade off with Lock ons.

Lock ons = cannot be dumbfired

Single shot = Can be dumbfired.

(please note I'm not talking about the ES special rocket launchers)

you can look at the Rocket fire rates ingame.

Do you honestly not understand what you just told me????

ok........... do you NOT understand rocket splash radiuses kill radius????

0.5 meters.

thats 1.5 feet.

you LITERALLY have to be right beside/on the rocket impact zone to die from it.

this rocket changes is completely uneeded, and will cause more rocket spam.

Also...... Most of the time people don't "blindly fire", If the enemy is entrenched you need to angle your rocket shots to get the most effect to clear them out or heavily injure the group.
  19. Scr1nRusher

The Tank and rocket changes are unneeded.... I've said this so many times now.

Also.... I've said(repeatedly) how to decrease rocket spam without causing negative gameplay issues.
  20. Runegrace

I'm saying check the ego. If you're convinced that your ideas are perfect, then you're not open to discussion or debate. All ideas can be improved upon, or may have some detail or fallout that was overlooked. Saying that your ideas are completely fine and perfect is a disservice to yourself.

Also, quote people so they actually get the update alert if you're wanting to continue a conversation.
    • Up x 4