Looks like the Tank Cannon and rocket changes are going to go full speed ahead to live :(

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Mrasap

Man, something really weird is going on in this thread.

Thanks for the laugh y'all!
  2. Scr1nRusher

your comment is weird.
  3. vanu123

Buff magriders AV, thats the only change that could/should happen in regards to tanks. Rocket Primary? Seriously are people that dumb?
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

apparently people are that dumb.

Afterall those rocket changes & tank cannon changes got onto the PTS, even after everyone freaking out about them.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scr1nRusher

The repercussions on nerfing rocket splash:

1) Engineers repairing maxes(or vehicles) will not die if a rocket hits near them

2) Medic balls will be more popular

3) Groups of enemies will take 2 rockets to kill rather then 1 (meaning more rockets used then what they normally are meaning "Rocket spam").

I hope You understand the Ripple effect the rocket changes will have SOE, because it will do some damage to the game, because it will lead to more Infantry Deathballs then SC2's MMM.

If you have 10 rocket Launchers that can be dumbfired, and 6 of them a Lock ons...... theres a problem.

Rocket deaths are already very rare, please keep that in mind.

The Tank changes, seem out of the blue, Because if you look at vehicle balance things are good right now, AP is fine, HEAT is a solid base line, and the lightnings Viper already got nerfed.

Balancing out the prowlers AP splash makes sense due to the double shot.

However if you wanted to nerf HE, just reduce the Radius to 7 meters, and Revert the change that buffed HE vs Armor. Keep the increased reload speed change, they would work.

I can only HOPE SOE sees this.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Also nerfing the rocket splash will cause Maxside 2.

Because the engineers & medics around the maxes will not die from the splash and will not even be shaken by the rocket splash if they have flak.

Medic balls will live threw so many things.

If "splash" is such a issue...... Why are they not buffing Flak armor?

I mean cmon now.
  7. Scr1nRusher

I hope we can see a preview of the patchnotes.

Because of the Tank and rocket changes go threw I'll be at a loss for words.

They are generally speaking really bad.

I mean I'm all for nerfing HE, but not for Screwing up Vehicle balance to appease to Infantry players.

If the community as a whole was against these changes.... why are they still being pushed threw?

Or is SOE distracting everyone from that with the Valk and the directives?

The Rocket changes side effects will be problematic to the infantry game.

The Tank changes are seemly going to mess with a Good vehicle balance & infantry balance into the infantry's favor.

As someone thats a Combined arms player(infantry,Vehicles,Aircraft) this is almost frighting. This is a slippery slope toward infantryside.

I mean if anyones reading this....... Get the word out.
  8. Scr1nRusher

The ripple effect on the rocket changes will hurt the infantry game(I've already described why).

The Tank cannon changes will just Favor infanty and make vehicles less effective at hurting groups of infantry.

I'm all for nerfing/changing HE, but not Hurting the good Tank & infantry balance that we finally have after 2 years.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Welp.... I feel sad now.

I basically predicted the repercussions of the rocket changes....

And the Tank changes......

and how SOE regardless of the whole communities feedback of the changes being bad..... are still seemly going to push them to live.

I can only hope that maybe, just maybe they don't patch them in.

Because the gameplay impacts will be bad long term.

Honestly SOE if splash damage is SUCH as issue......... BUFF FLAK ARMOR!.

Some of the tank changes(such as AP splash and HE radius changes + reload speed) are actually good, but overall minus those the whole tank changes is just bad for the game.

HE Should have a smaller radius(like 6-7 meters) and faster reload speed sure..... But it shouldn't be able to heavily hurt Armor... Why did you buff that so long ago SOE I have no idea.

I mean cmon now, The Tank and rocket changes made the community collectively go "what the higby are you doing ?"

I've suggested alternatives and ways to weaken rocket spam and HE Tank rounds several times already.

I know the gameplay impacts of these changes, I can see them occurring and happening.

That goes for primarily the changes you are going to do SOE, and also the changes i suggested.

you wanted Tanks to get closer to battles SOE?

Take a look at this from your own game engine.

300 meters is infantry render distance.

1000 meters is vehicle render distance.

Meaning Vehicle users cannot see whats shooting at them or shoot at them (if its coming from infantry), but the Infantry can shoot and see the vehicles.

Max AV, Infantry G2G lock ons(and also the Lancer), Engineer AV turrets...... They all have more then 300 meters of max range.

Now THATS imbalance thats hurting combined arms.
  10. Scr1nRusher

I know things can be changed, but The purpose of splash & splash having a kill radius is important against groups of infantry.

Flak is the direct counter to splash, and if its not doing well at its job it should be buffed, Not nerfing the splash.
  11. Scr1nRusher

Keep a look out for the upcoming patch notes.

And spread the word.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Welcome to Maxside 2 or as the cool kids call it Infantryside 2.

I'm all for nerfing HE, but The tank & infantry balance had never been better & rockets were never a issue. SOE these sets of changes will do more harm then good.
  13. Scr1nRusher

The whole community was against these changes.... yet you are pushing them to live anyways.

Who asked for these changes?????

Tank balance was fine, infantry balance was fine(rocket deaths were rare).

SOE these changes will have negative consequences.

Welcome to Maxside 2 or as people call it Infantryside 2!

If splash was such a issue vs infantry.... then maybe flak armor should be buffed since its supposed to be the counter to splash.
  14. Inex

• Up x 1
  15. Scr1nRusher

16. Scr1nRusher

17. Scr1nRusher

18. ZergBurger

Will the damn Tank Buster on the Lib ever get the Nerf it deserves after all these tank Nerfs?
  19. Scr1nRusher

what does that have to do with the topic?
  20. DenyalSeptime

Why do people think that rocket launcher nerf is needed. Killing with the launcher is always a gamble, missing the target and you die; weapon-switching-time is long enough for the enemy to kill you.

And killing a group of people all gathered together in one point spawncamping, for e.g. a biolab spawn with a lucky shot should be ok. It's their own fault standing together so narrow. Cause on the other hand with that argument, of killing a bunch of people blindly firing rockets, why were grenades not nerfed so far?

Throw a sticky grenade in a bunch of enemies; more efficient than every rocket launcher.

What about frag grenades with a 0.1m blast damage in the future? :eek:

Then we should remove the term "frag" from it and them and the rockets from explosives. They are more a firecracker now. Same goes for the tank cannons :(

All in all I doubt the change goes neither into the right way nor that it's needed and like Scr1nRusher's idea better.

(I highlighted the text for those who don't want to read the full text, :))
    • Up x 1