Let the crying begin. More Air nerfs with G2A Hotfix Buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by St0mpy, Jan 22, 2013.

1. An Hero

Yes, you are expected to blow your nosegun because you are NOT specced to beat a lib or a gal, rock, paper, scissors? this is a crutch for the simple fact not many people can shoot down a lib with pods.

So the newbs who cannot fly attempt to down a lib molesting them, what do they do? pop on the A2A and spam the lib at a semi safe distance so they won't get killed by the libs gunner sporting a dalton as he belly flops, pure crutches, I would dare start calling this game crutchingside.
    • Up x 1
  2. QuakerOatsMan

Well, think of it this way; between a lightning or a ESF and ~2-3 HAs with lock-on missiles, which (lightning or ESF, costing the same in resources) is more likely to survive and repair?
  3. Vortok

I dread the day Annihilator RNGs into deal of the day. I'll pick it up, but it won't be pretty for a week or so.
  4. St0mpy

I apologise for not playing my game the way you want me to play.

Actually since I have certed in enough ammo and missiles to take down 2 libs in one pass it appears I am indeed specced. And who said anything about pods? Are you one of these neverending argument types that just keep introducing things till we all get bored and go home? :D
  5. An Hero

Hey, enjoy your crutches, there are plenty of handicapped people in this game, it is only logical for them to do this, just don't ever tell anyone you played planetside 2 in the future games you will play to back up any claim of expertise while discussing a topic, you will have the boards explode in laughter.

Also, at the same time you welcome crutches, you seem to think this change does anything to the game, it will in fact kill the variety by making all the newbs spam A2A to oblivion, but what do I know? I am not the almighty designer making the correct choices, am I?
  6. ABATTLEDONKEY

As a pilot, I approve of these changes. The only thing i dont like is the incredibly short lock on time. I think that should be a bit longer, but its not a big deal if it is.

I personally think this lock on crap needs to go anyways. fire and forget needs to either be VERY difficult to lock, or just not at all. give us new fun ways to kill aircraft.
  7. Isila

Everyone that cares about dealing with aircraft already has an annihilator.
  8. Blast Hardcheese

Sorry but all I hear is WAAAAAAH my airplane is not invincible. Sure flares could use a cycle time-buff but not too much. They shouldn't be "pop flare and stay and farm infantry with win-pods like nothing happened".

And stop ranking on the A2AM. Would you do that to real pilots?
    "DUDE WTF your wingman died!"
    "Yeah but I killed both the enemies with the /nose gun/"
    "OMG you get a promotion!"
  9. LoveJuices

G2A missiles locking on instantly from the aircraft's perspective and then wrapping around rocks like stretch armstrong with smart guidance capabilities is fun. Why is it SOE cannot balance anything in this game without making it useless and its counter overtly good to the point of over kill? Hovering ESF should get blown into confetti but right now it is impossible to even be in the same hex as an Annihilator.
  10. Accuser

No, I'd burn a cripple alive while he begged for his life... THEN I'd get a promotion.
    Also, realistic /=/ fun.
    • Up x 1
  11. forkyar

that's what all cod/bf3 kids wanted along with no vehicles
  12. MurderBunneh

May the A2A fly like rain upon the fat xp skytoads till they fall from the sky roasted like a fat Christmas goose.
  13. MurderBunneh

If all you pilots leave more will take your place. Who never knew what it was like to fear nothing and farm all day, and they will be happy. Because ignorance is bliss.
  14. Schnitzle

this is pretty annoying, not to mention I have the air boost for my lib and it is beyond crap. Looks like we'll just have to eat it yet again.

Also, why is it that it takes less time to lock onto the slower aircraft? but more time to lock onto the faster ones with the default boost?
  15. Suckinator

ITT, try hard pilots crying because they think 4-5 non-flared rockets missing is acceptable for a 700SC weapon.

Would you accept 4 out of 5 rocketpod rounds phasing through targets with no damage or flying in random directions and exploding on empty ground?
    Is this acceptable? No.

All this patch did to ESF: made G2A hit 3 out of 5 times.

Shut up, stop crying.
    Go play the game and eat your words when you realise nothing has changed.
  16. MurderBunneh

Oh so what you are really doing is defending lolpods right? It is "skill" to use lolpods to shoot down aircraft and that makes up for the other 99% of the time you are farming ground with them.
  17. An Hero

Again, you simpletons are so predictable when you reply, now I am defending X because I said Y should have never been buffed.

[IMG]

And yes, if it came to putting rocket pods over A2A I would say it takes 100 times the skill to use pods than to us lock ons.
  18. Vreki

Well, I guess bombers will have to bring a fighter screen then.
    It doesnt make that big a difference to me, I am already happy to unload A2A form a safe distance even if it doesnt get me a kill. Somebody else is likely to finish it off, so it is still a win for my team.
  19. Vortok

They're not that much slower, just that ESFs have afterburners and generally accelerate better. It's more about the giant health pools that Libs, and especially Galaxies, have compared to an ESF. Need far more rockets to take them down. I dumbfired the default launcher at least 5 times into a Galaxy floating outside a spawn door before he slowly moseyed away with a good amount of health left. With the lower damage of lockons compared to standard launchers... they can use the slight dps boost against the walking hit point walls. Most of the HA's time is spent reloading the rocket launcher anyway, so the lock time reduction isn't a huge "dps" increase.
  20. Aerius

Lol?

On topic: G2A missiles being harder to avoid is fine, buffing A2AM is just stupid.